How many strains does one person need?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The Poet

Reaction score
Hi,

Every joint I have smoked in my life has been bag seed. However I got some Satori, Krystalica and THC Bomb seeds and have been learning about organics. I thought that three strains would provide variety especially since not only are they 90% Sativa, 75% Sativa, 35% Sativa, but there are different 'Phenotypes' of each, 2 for the Satori, 2 for the Krystalica and the Bomb is said to have many! Rather than 3 strains I may have 6-8 different plants, =Variety!

I have never had different types of weed and lots of the time especially the last 13 years, I haven't had any! It will be so nice to have three different strains of weed and good, seedless weed!
But to y'all in other parts of the world, How many different types of weed is enough? If it were legal I can see trying dozens, hundreds, but in order to be relatively legal and to minimize buying seeds from over seas. I can still imagine an order every year or so would be alright but how many strains would y'all keep clone Mothers of if it were still not 100% legal?
How many strains does one person need?
I have 90% sativa, 75% Sativa and the Bomb is 35% Sativa and 65% Indica! A diverse selection of seeds. I'll wait till I get bored if I do, but how many strains are enough for you all?

Thank you...

The Poet

I have my daytime (JAck47, Sativa heavy hybrid) smoke.

And my nighttime/pain strain for after work (mataro blue- Indica body high nighttime smoke)

My anytime smoke will be the new Grandoggy Purps I flipped 2 weeks ago. There's two pheno's (GDP and ChemD) expressed so I'll see how they both smoke.

I keep only one mother plant of each favored pheno and it's pretty easy and saves room.

Need or want--there can be quite a gap between what people actually need and what they just want. Really, 3 strains are probably enough for most people. One that is sativa dominant to give you that up energetic high. A good indica dominant for nighttime. Maybe another for daytime/anytime.

I don't keep mother plants. I simply do not have room, so I take clones from clones. I have done this for years.

I need get up and go first thing in the morning... Satori.... Something to cook dinner by.... Jack or then i got for nurse larry for sleep... Three is plenty. I could get by with two kinds but what fun is that?

I need 2 and want them all.....:D

In a perfect world I would have as many Dank strains as I could in either clone or seed form. I enjoy the thrill of trying a new strain for the first time. Part of the fun is hunting for YOUR Holy Grail. And even if you have found it there is always that chance that there is that other strain out there that is just a bit better. ;)

Forum folks,

I have a good idea now and yes, an Indica, a Sativa and a few in between.
I guess the reason there are so many different strains now is in order to 'sell seeds'. The last few years have been very interesting with all the changes in the world. I finally saw a weed vending machine! This is unbelievable!

Thank everyone so very much for their responses.
"I gotta run down to the grocery store and 'get me some wine...'
and a lid of 'Masterkush' out of the vending machine, need anything?"

The Poet...§

Forum folks,

I have a good idea now and yes, an Indica, a Sativa and a few in between.
I guess the reason there are so many different strains now is in order to 'sell seeds'. The last few years have been very interesting with all the changes in the world. I finally saw a weed vending machine! This is unbelievable!

Thank everyone so very much for their responses.

The Poet...§
yea I wish we had one of those machines here in nc. I run out alot in between grows and I do not know anybody to get some so that would be so sweet. :)

The Poet...§

LOL--pick up a lid for me too! Cannabis from a vending machine. Who would have ever thunk....

We have a loose co-op everyone grows different strains then we trade /share . Sometimes it looks like the top shelf at the dispencery but it's all better weed.

Latest posts

Back