red stems

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wereclown

Reaction score
Hey. I just noticed, that some of my stems are green, some red. And one is red from the lower half. So... does anyone know, what that means?

It can be genetic...or she could be telling you she needs macros...or that she is cold...or even that ph is too low. Unforunately buddy I can't give you a specific answer.

Take a look at this link and you will see some of the things I just mentioned:
http://www.marijuanapassion.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1956
Might help you understand how many variables are involved. And if you want us to try and fix it...if you think it is a problem...then take a look at this link and give us every bit of info you can:
http://www.marijuanapassion.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1449

Pics are a great help too...:)

Good luck

Ahh... okay. Well, seems it MIGHT be a P deficiency, but can't be sure. I was hoping I wouldn't get deficiencies so shortly. Plus, only one plant has red stem, one has partially red stem and the rest are nice and green. And they all have the same bought soil. So, here's the questionaire...

The all-red stem (Firstborn) is about 10cm tall, partially red stem (Dudess #1) about 6cm.

Light shines mostly from the side of the closet (see pic). The two plants I mentioned are those in the back row. The closer one to the light, FB, may be 15cm away. D1 may be about 25cm. I recently lifted the lights from the back of the closet to the side. It has its back against the only brown wall now, so I hope the white ones help reflect the light a little. Here's a pic of the old days, before I moved it. http://www.marijuanapassion.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=16831&d=1170710593

They're nine days old.

They're Chronic.

Started them from seed.

They're in clay pots, which means no holes in the bottom. Can't drill them, either. But since they're clay, they should be porous enough to use during the veg period? During the first replant, I'm planning to get plastic pots with holes. They're about 600cm3 (no hablo en gallones), roughly. At least that's how much is covered in dirt.

They grow in dirt.

It's flower soil. Its name is Jokakodin.
It consists of 40% dirt, 10% sand and 50% peat.
conductivity: 35mS/m
pH: 6
main nutrients: N 55mg/l, P 20mg/l, K 70mg/l
granulas not over 50mm (seems a little much)
harmful heavymetals: Cd, Hg, Pb not over the allowed limit of 46/94

I haven't added anything to the soil yet.

Lights are fluorescent, 2x3350 lumens. If I weren't broke, I'd get an extra that shines right on top of them... and some soil measure tools.:)

Master TL-D, Super 80, 36W/830, 2mg mercury, lead free, 3350lm (lumens). Two such tubes for one lamp. All I know. The bulbs seem about

I'd say about 4 ft seems right.

No ventilation. But, since they're in a closet that has a few holes and a door that's not entirely shut; and since I open the door a few times every day, they do get air. I'm afraid there aren't enough lights to overheat them.

No specific LST. But the FB plant was closest to the light, so it stretched itself to one side, pretty bad. I supported it a little and turned the light to the other side, so it won't grow entirely sideways. You can see the curve.

And, finally (but before the pics), a link to my grow journal.
http://www.marijuanapassion.com/forum/showthread.php?t=9259

light.JPG

FB.JPG

D1.JPG

...gotta get that up a little for dirt...(6.2-6.8)
I would build the dirt up to the cotyldons, too. Before they fall over. A fan circulateing the air "just enuff" to make them sway and flutter will strengthen the stems.

cotyldons? Uh... basically, more dirt?
And, how do I up the pH? Lemon juice, I've heard, works.
And yeah, the stems do seem rather soft.
And I should get a little more money, so first thing would probably be MORE LIGHT!:D
And, when might I need to start fertilizing?
:bong:I'm a question-asking type...

Wereclown said:
cotyldons? Uh... basically, more dirt?
And, how do I up the pH? Lemon juice, I've heard, works.
And yeah, the stems do seem rather soft.
And I should get a little more money, so first thing would probably be MORE LIGHT!:D
And, when might I need to start fertilizing?
:bong:I'm a question-asking type...

They are alot smaller than I imagined...LOL. I think I remember from your journal that you are taking steps to give them clean water, asuming ph is in range:

They shouldn't really need much food in soil at this point, but if deficiencies are showing, I am gonna agree with Hick that ph is too low and she is not intaking macros. Just shooting in the dark without knowing ph of soil or water, but you seem to be making an honest attempt so I would say when you transplant add 1 tablespoon lime per gallon...or get some better soil.

The cotyldons are the first 2, the small round ones. Lemon juice is an acid, and will lower ph.

Latest posts

Back