Random yellow spots

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Newbie_wan_kenobi

Reaction score
Thank you for posting those pic's. You will need a eye loupe of 60X power if you want to get a good look for bugs or bug ****. Look on the underside of the leaves for insects or the frass(****) The second picture, i think they plant looks nice and healthy. Let us know what you can find.

I found nothing on any leaves. When I got this plant is was super bushy on the bottom and was very tight forming so I trimmed it back to allow more air and also I spread the branches out a lot and have seen remarkable growth. I hope this will bud out nicely for me when the time comes. I am using general organic nutes for everything plus I made my own soil and is all organic and super low and slow nite release.

You are a guy after my own heart. i love organics and dirt. If that leaf that you first posted was on the bottom of the plant, i wouldn't worry as those get beat up a lot. If it spread thru the whole plant we would want to know. looking pretty good. Looks like a lot of peat in your soil? Enjoy this grow. have fun.

I have zero peat moss in my soil. I am using composted cow manure from the farm down the road, turface(please look it up so I don't have to describe and explain), sand, solu-cal, baystate fert, iron and what you see on top that looks like peat is a 1 inch layer of mushroom compost, I have a pH of 6.7 and have not had a change. I test ever other day. Look up anything that I use. I have a plant and soil science background so I tend to always be over the top.

Why do you PH in organics? Just wondering, maybe it is fun for you, I bet. A plant and soil background sounds interesting.

Ok so after more and more investing.....i will give some �������� to Umbra because I found a bug looks like an aphid bit super super small so I will be treating with a soap to treat. I will be doing research on what type of bug it is!

If you are growing outside, I would recommend that you get some Neem oil extract. You can buy it from "safer" products online or in local stores. all organic and works quite well to keep most leaf chewers off the plants. In organics, as you may already know, the microbes control the pH (if it isn't too far out of whack to start) once the organics are established with microbe herd, you shouldn't have to continue checking pH but once a month is a safe way to keep up with it. Mine naturally shifted to 6.8 when I was growing in organic soil and feeding liquid organics. With synthetics and/hydro you have to constantly monitor and correct pH over time as there are no microbes to do it for you.

Latest posts

Back