hmm 6500k + 2700k for vegging- bad idea?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LaserKittensGoPewPew

2 string maestro
Reaction score
Well...Right now in my box I have 4 27w 6500k cfls...and I have 1 42w 2700k cfl and 1 27w 2700k cfl. I was wondering if it was a bad idea to mix the bulbs for vegging. I figured the sun's light contained all the wavelengths in it so I mixed in some red and blue. Think this will affect my plants sex at all?

LaserKittensGoPewPew said:
Well...Right now in my box I have 4 27w 6500k cfls...and I have 1 42w 2700k cfl and 1 27w 2700k cfl. I was wondering if it was a bad idea to mix the bulbs for vegging. I figured the sun's light contained all the wavelengths in it so I mixed in some red and blue. Think this will affect my plants sex at all?
Your plants should be fine. I thought i read somewhere that a mixture of the two will give ya more females but i'm not sure. Might wanna check out Cyberquest's thread in the General Indoor Growing section. ;) I'm pretty sure that's where i seen it.

Hey laser like TBG said you will most likely be doing them justice with both spectrum. Don't quote me on this but I read somewhere that blue spectrum gives tight internodal growth and the red spectrum will promote more vertical growth. Good luck!

Thank's guys. I gave QC's thread a read and it had a lot of good info. I came across a post on page 3 that said more blue light will improve the chances of females. Looking at his set up he had a half/half set up of 6500k and 2700k. So, I think I'm good with how I have it. But improvements are always on their way :)

LaserKittensGoPewPew said:

This link contains an article that I found to be extremely informative on how to maximize your percentage of female plants. Lighting was one of the area's they cover. http://www.marijuanapassion.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1974

Latest posts

Back