Do you flush your plants???

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Should you flush your plants before harvest???

• Yes flush before harvest.

• No flushing is not needed.

Results are only viewable after voting.
A

AlbinoDanko12GA

so theres been some things about flushing! should you flush! why to flush and so on! well basically you need to flush your plants to get rid off excess salts and nute and chemical buildup in your medium! mostly soil! so its ideal to atleast flush twice a grow! atleast once before harvest! i would say water from 2 weeks until the end! but anyway im posting a poll to see how many people flush because i think its proper to flush and some people dont think so!

No, I do not flush. I have grown for many many years, have done it both ways and all combinations in between and have found no difference in taste when I flushed and when I didn't. I however noticed less growth and quicker yellowing/dying fan leaves when I flushed and/or quit feeding prior to harvest. When I notice the difference in taste is when I do not give my buds a good cure.

I don't flush either. It is, however, only h20 and carbo logic the last 10 days.

idont understand how you can taste anything you put in the soil cuz i put cow manure in a autoflower once didnt taste nothin like cow manure

LOL, Play swirly instead right ?

I think that you guys ought to taste smoke that has not been flushed. You miss out on all the good stuff, like the pops and fizzles that are so indicative of ferts.

smoke in peace
KingKahuuna:cool:

:yeahthat:
guess it depends what you're feeding them..
i've not flushed some organic nutes, and didn't really notice anything.. but i sure noticed the nastyness with chem's and no flush.

i usually just give em straight water the last week or two.

i hate smoking the stuff that crackles and pops makes me think its laced with some other drug

I don't flush, but I do run about 30% nutes the last week or so for no known reason at all. Mine doesn't krackle and pop but all this talk is making me want some rice crispies..MMmm

I have had some really over-nuted bud years ago that did the sparkle-crackle-taste like do do dance when it was lit.

The only crackle and pop I've ever had was when there were seeds in the bud and I didn't find them. Personally I can't tell the difference even when I know whether or not it has been flushed.

Just a reminder, ALL plants are feed chemicals -- the only difference being so called "organic" nute supposedly get their chemical from dead plant oe animal matter and non-organic are manufactured by removing r adding specific chemicals to mineralized soil or rock. In both cases the plant is eating Ionized minerals regardless of where they came from. The only difference is that the "Organic" fertilizes/nutrients MAY contain those minerals in a form that is easier to ionize so that the plant can assimilate the ionized minerals/chemicals without having to ionize them and therefor can eat them easier.

all around here that i know of who fertilize (soil or hydro )their pots, flush.
i use a super -soil recipe ( guano,blood meal , bone meal etc.. ) and only use water through entire flower cycle and i don't flush .the meds are sweet .:joint:
given a sample of a growers hydro that didn't fush and a couple of us THREW it alway ,it was nasty.
Whatever works for you.:bong2:

100% organic - no flush for me
organic/chem - mild flush last week
100% chemical - heavy flush last 2 weeks

with the chemical ferts i've noticed a major difference in my buds if i don't flush enough out.... and sometimes i just don't have the time to cure the harshness out....

I grow with full nutes till the very end . Then I do a thing called an emergency flush. I cut the stock at dirt level. Then I get a bucket of ph balanced H2o with a bubbler, stick the stock down in the bucket just so the end is in the water and no vegetation is touching the water. I leave in the bucket for 3 days, changing the water everyday. Works great and you can see all the salts of the ferts. come out mostly the first day. I know you have to flush or it can taste like crap.:eek:

I know somebody who used to do that, just put the bud stems in a vase for a week, before he hung them to dry. He kept them in a dark place. This worked good...but he was pretty much an "organic" guy anyway...but that weed was sweet!

It's a pretty close ratio there though on wether to flush or not, aye Albino?

I use a bubbler and keep it in my growroom. This way I can grow all the way without loosing yeild.When the trichs are perfect, then cut and right into the bubbler it goes, for 3 days. Works great! learned it off another site and will never go back to the regular old flushing technic. I havest all my soil grows this way.:farm: Good luck and Grow Safe.

Skavenger said:
idont understand how you can taste anything you put in the soil cuz i put cow manure in a autoflower once didnt taste nothin like cow manure

How do you know what manure tastes like?

:peace:

I feed and "flush" throughout the grow. I grow in containers and if the water does not run out of the bottom of said container, I water some more. On days I feed, I give the nutes and no other water. So, I flush over and over during the grow. I do feed up to harvest tho, no stopping feeding the plants and just giving them water.

Latest posts

Back