Greenhouses 'Thai'

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

deadkndys

Reaction score
So I have been vegging these two Thais indoors under T5's for about 3 weeks now. I just put them in my GH where they are under a 400w MH yesterday. I plan on vegging them for 2 or 3 more weeks then transplant and flower them outdoors.

:bongin:

View attachment DSC_0519.jpg

Very nice baby's, do they need a drink? Will they continue to veg when you put them out? Nice start.

Thanks, and nah the soil is pretty moist as I transplanted them into those pots about 3 days ago.They should start to flower as I am getting 12 hrs and 20 min of sunlight and usually peak at 13 and a half to 14 hrs. And these will take 15-17 weeks to mature.

Awesome. Ihave only grown od once and mine revegged. Sounds like you got it down... enjoy the grow... so are those going to be like the old "thai Stick"?

From what Greenhouse is claiming it is pretty close to the old thais you would find in the 70s. Apparently they had to cross it with a laos plant to stabilize it because sativas in that region tend to be hermies. If this goes well I want to try out world of seeds 'wild thai'. It also looks like a promising thai variety.

Those look nice and healthy....good luck and Green Mojo.

Man was it a treat in 1973 when the thai stick came to Anchorage Alaska.... Not a seed in it anywhere...shocking.

Your roots are drowning, let the soil dry out, the only reason they are picking up is that the sunlight is evaporating the moisture in the leaves.

Stop watering till the pot feels light, pick it up and remember its weight, then water it, remember that weight.

Roots need to breathe, if they do not, the plant will die a slow death.

:peace:

Alright so I unfortunately lost those two due to my dogs ******* with them. I have two atm. One is barely alive as I think I didn't hard it off long enough. The other one is flourishing and is almost two feet tall. I have been hardening it off for a week and plan to do so for one more before transplanting outdoors. I hope to harvest around October-early November.
:smoke1:

Oh yeah I also started spraying one branch with tiresias mist in hopes of getting female pollen.

View attachment DSC_0071.jpg

Spayed in hopes of female pollen? :stoned:

Yeah spraying a plant with colloidal silver or Silver Thiosulfate for a certain amount of time on a female plant will result in that branch growing male flowers without the male chromosome being present, hence female seeds.

Tiresias Mist is basically CS at a high ppm.

Pretty much.

Although Soma grows his plants when they are way over ripen and eventually the plant will throw bananas.

That seem supe sketchy! Force hermieing to pollinate and get seeds. I'll pass

Well its not really a Hermie as there are no male chromosomes just male flowers with female pollen.

mjp has a good read on it.

hXXps://www.mjp.com/ic/showthread.php?t=60610

Do feminised seeds grow into hermaphrodites?
Basically, NO. However this is one thing that needs clarification because there seems to be a lot of misconjecture about it.

Whether you're using regular pollen or feminised pollen it doesn't matter, the same rule applies - always try to target females that are 'hermie-resistant', because you don't want that trait passed down to the offspring. In other words, hermie issues aren't a result of feminised pollen, but a result of a mother that has hermaphroditic tendencies, either naturally, as a result of stress, or both.

Some plants are more susceptible to stress than others, and thus more prone to "go hermie" (for example by heat stress or light leaks, and some strains are simply more prone than others to grow a few hermaphrodites even when conditions are ideal). If a female does throw off a few pollen bananas then yes you can use that pollen to create feminised seeds, either by self-pollenating the mother itself or by pollenating other females (the latter being the more recommended route). However, if you use a mother that has hermaphroditic tendencies then that trait can be passed onto the offspring.

This is why when breeding for feminised seeds we look for a 'strong female', one that doesn't throw off pollen bananas very easily, so as to ensure the resulting offspring are also strong. We then FORCE the stress-resistant female to induce the creation of pollen by using colloidal silver, allowing us to get pollen even from a female that we otherwise wouldn't have been able to achieve using conventional methods such as rhodelization or light poisoning.

This is why I don't recommend using light poisoning or heat stress or similar stress methods to produce bananas, because that low stress tolerance will be passed down to the resulting seeds, resulting in plants that could hermie in a less than an ideal environment. By using CS we have the luxury of choosing a plant that's stress resistant, and still be able to force it to produce pollen thanks to the CS (as opposed to stress). It's no different for when you're creating regular seeds - you want strong mothers that can handle a bit of stress.

Actually the only hermaphrodite I've ever grown was from a regular seed - I've had 100% success with every feminised seed I've grown, and approx 1 in 2 seeds I grow are feminised (giving me a roughly 75:25 female:male ratio, as opposed to 50:50 with regular seeds).

Interesting read, and honestly never really knew in detail what they did to produce "fem" seeds. Just personally doesn't seem like it would be very stable or something to mess around with. Just my opinion

Latest posts

Back