Pup's new grow journal

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'll tell you the key to those roots is that there is a large round air stone buried inside of that root mass :eek: I kid you not. In the next pics you can see the hose going through the mass and in the other you can see the ends of the air stone as it is a dual stone that forms an H. It is a specialized air stone that puts out micro bubbles.

This one almost slipped by.... my stone is sitting on the bottom of my bucket. Did you actually plant yours in the middle of that mass?? or did that monster just gobble up your stone? I often wonder whether the things get wrapped up in roots and rendered useless.... I guess not.
and why is it a small square like when your tub is bigger, fascinating, shouldn't it be a ball, why didn't it, you got it wrapped in something? it's almost like it left room for the water to circulate. wow, this is blabbermouth pot, sorry HP....

No problem guys :) I agree that hydro can be quite challenging. I personally would recommend against doing DWC unless you have a small grow. I like to keep things simple but hydro takes continuous maintenance because it can change very quick. I highly recommend that anyone interested in hydro on a medium scale should do RDWC. I think it makes things easier for doing adjustments and water changes. You don't have to try to lift the plants out of a dirty bucket and move to a fresh bucket every week.

Hydro is easier than most people think but it just looks complicated. once you understand it, its just a routine that you dial in :) with the Advanced Nutrients Jungle Juice 3 part, its quite easy. 5ml of each of the 3 parts(per gal of water) throughout the adult stage of vegging along with 5ml of calmag as I am in coco coir in my pots. During flower, I do some things a little different but not a lot.

That root mass formed around the air stone because the roots want that oxygen. I imagine that when they were floating in the water, the root mass was more like a ball than a square. :)

i swear i see button foxtails on top or am i wrong. i love them.

i swear i see button foxtails on top or am i wrong. i love them.

He sure does have this strain figured out!!(along with quite a few more)

:48:
Think I need to send you a plane ticket when I decide to pop my Blueberry Punch seeds my friend!

Beautiful Girls you have there Hush......

Thanks fellas :) I try to dial them in over time as I learn more about a strain so that I can get them as good as possible. :) I should be doing my first harvest on Monday :D

So beautiful HP, that is awesome. Why the taco leaf? I can't remember what causes that. Man, they look nice.. great job Hush.

Taco leaf can sometimes be caused by early magnesium deficiency in some plants. In this case, they have plenty of magnesium and the pH stays well in range most of the time but these started doing this, as did my Sweet Tooth that is in the same space when I replace the 400whps with a 600w, giving a total of 1200w in the grow space, which is pretty intense for the space. I am thinking that with the low humidity that I have been seeing (20-30%) in 55f-65f air that comes in at the bottom, the combination of the 2 is causing the leaves to over-dry. I may end up cutting back to 75% on my lights on the next run to see if that changes anything. :)

Here are some freshly picked flowers :)

View attachment BD2-14a.jpg

View attachment BD2-14b.jpg

those fxtails, rosetts look wicked white. under the lope mine were very impressive. Very nice pup!:vap-leafy_wave:

Its been a few weeks since I did an update here. I have been quite sick for the past couple months. But I am better now. I did manage to get all of my bud harvested and curing now. I also have set my next girls in flower which are all 3 Sweet Tooth.

I used a new tool in the bud business. The first pics are the "SpinPro" bud trimmer. pretty good unit but not real worth it for a closet grower, in my opinion.

View attachment Harvest2-14a.jpg

View attachment harvest2-14b.jpg

View attachment harvest2-14c.jpg

View attachment harvest2-14d.jpg

After harvesting everything I ended up getting 16oz dry off the one Blue dream :D but only 2.25oz of decent buds off the Sweet Tooth.:(
the first3 picks are BD. the 4th pic is the stump of the plant that grew a full pound under scrog in a 2'x4' space(within the wood frame) ;) last pic is ST bud up close. lots of acorn buds but super tasty, and silky smooth.

View attachment BD2-17a.jpg

View attachment BD2-14a.jpg

View attachment BD3-05.jpg

View attachment BD tree stump3-19.jpg

View attachment STbud3-27a.jpg

So the problem I had with the Sweet Tooth not giving me but 2oz came from me topping it too much and then not cleaning out under the canopy. I got a massive amount of popcorn buds under the canopy but I was able to do a graduated harvest on them and allow them to ripen some so that I can use them in my hash material.

I expect a nice hash session from this pile, at least 16oz of trim and buds :D

View attachment hashmt3-27.jpg

Well Guys I am in love with Afgan Kush, well a friend of mine who also grows these beautiful flowers in his house under the LED's, let me taste those buds. :48:
Well I wish I can also grow that. Well I am learning, once I have my own, it will be a big party time.

Latest posts

Back