Australian Conosur??

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hiddeninplainsight

Wake, smoke, smoke, sleep
Reaction score
Alright, feel free to answer feel free to leave it.

Although i have no been on the site long i am IN LOVE. you are all great growers and you are all amazing at what you do.

The one thing that i have a "problem" with is i feel alone...... Am I the only Aussie grower on here that loves growing not the Australian stereotype "lets have a billy and listen to aussie hip hop in my thongs and wife beater".

is anyone else suffering the effects of being in aus? i love it here but bring on the USA.:icon_smile:

multifarious said:
My experience of weed in Perth, was seeded swag that the locals thought was dank. This site maybe predominantly USA but there are a few Poms here kicking it.

Haha, well said. I'm I'm VIC and everyone here is getting off over leaf.... From trees. It just annoys me that there is no maby amazing strains and so many people that know there stuff and enjoying growing as a passion not just let's make a quick buck and sell crap.

On that note, what is the uk like when It comes to being policed? Good buds? Good attitude to growing?

I want to be In a place with people that have the same head as myself(loves growing, loves good quality, wants to have a good friend base that know there ****)

Can anyone help me?

Rosebud said:
What kind of help are you asking for?

On where to live haha, I want to be able to live in city/county where marijuana is accepted and there is people like myself that don't just want to grow weed to make money people that love the weed and growing it and accept/live the lifestyle. It's a tall order I know I worded it badly I would like people's thoughts on where growing and smoking lifestyle is accepted and lived.

I hope that makes sense :/

To live someplace like that you are going to have to live someplace that cannabis is 100% legal. I think that you may be operating under some misconceptions as to what it is to grow. Virtually all of us keep our grows stealth and hidden. We do not live places "where growing and smoking lifestyle is accepted and lived." We do not share the fact that we are growing with others. In the US, even though 2 states have legalized cannabis, it is still illegal under federal statutes. In addition, there are hazards other than getting busted, like theft.

In other words, I doubt that the place you wish for exists.

The Hemp Goddess said:
To live someplace like that you are going to have to live someplace that cannabis is 100% legal. I think that you may be operating under some misconceptions as to what it is to grow. Virtually all of us keep our grows stealth and hidden. We do not live places "where growing and smoking lifestyle is accepted and lived." We do not share the fact that we are growing with others. In the US, even though 2 states have legalized cannabis, it is still illegal under federal statutes. In addition, there are hazards other than getting busted, like theft.

In other words, I doubt that the place you wish for exists.

Yes I understand that, I do not mean by the general public or the police. Where I live not one of my friends know what a strain is.... In aust people smoke it and that's it (well the people I know hence why I started this post) I want to be able to socialize with people that have a head on there shoulders and enjoy doing this "hobbie" we all have. That is what I meant by "where the growing and smoking lifestyle is accepted" not a bunch of dumb dumbs running around smoking joints in the street telling everyone that they grow in the their closets. If I wanted that I would be staying here with my current friends.

Well then you better stay here with us at MP.

I live in a "legal" state and I still have to be very careful. THG is right, theft is a big scary deal. Also, just because it is legal I have neighbors that think it is that evil weed. Since in the US it is still not legal under federal law, it isn't the woodstock your thinking of. ha.
Hang with us..

Rosebud said:
Well then you better stay here with us at MP.

I live in a "legal" state and I still have to be very careful. THG is right, theft is a big scary deal. Also, just because it is legal I have neighbors that think it is that evil weed. Since in the US it is still not legal under federal law, it isn't the woodstock your thinking of. ha.
Hang with us..

Haha, thank you. I don't plan on going anywhere anytime soon.:D

Hiddeninplainsight said:
I would like people's thoughts on where growing and smoking lifestyle is accepted and lived.

Nimbin Queensland

is where it's at in the Southern Hemisphere :icon_smile:

Nimbin is the epicentre of Cannabis counterculture in Australia, or as the mainstream media like to call it 'the drug capital of Australia" For the last 20yrs it's hosted a cannabis maradigrass.

www DOT nimbinmardigrass.com/2013/

image.jpg

Radar said:
Nimbin is the epicentre of Cannabis counterculture in Australia, or as the mainstream media like to call it 'the drug capital of Australia" For the last 20yrs it's hosted a cannabis maradigrass.

www DOT nimbinmardigrass.com/2013/

Mate this has changed my life haha, have you personally been?

Hiddeninplainsight said:
Mate this has changed my life haha, have you personally been?

2003: Arrested then deported for resisting arrest while eating a joint, charged with assaulting a Police officer lol. I can never return :(

Radar said:
2003: Arrested then deported for resisting arrest while eating a joint, charged with assaulting a Police officer lol. I can never return :(

Oh dam, that sucks man. :( is that the only thing in aus? It's a really hard thing to find haha.

G"day mate

Im glad there are a few Aussies kicking about this site. I thought I would type in Australia int he search function and this came up. I live in QLD. Nimbin is a crap hole of a place, everyone goes there thinks people walk down the street smoking weed, its a dump of a joint "pun intended". Im not sure why people flock to that place. Anyway, this site is fantastic, learning heaps of stuff from the very laid back people on this site. I have been on other sites and they all seem a bit uptight, arrogant and in your face, this site is totally opposite.

Stufart

someone posted a sweet aussie OD grow a while back.. can't remember who it was though. there are a few aussie's here though. :)

I want to be able to socialize with people that have a head on there shoulders and enjoy doing this "hobbie" we all have.
well you found one. ;)
unfortunately the only place i know like these are our online pot communities. (i often wish there were actual comminities like the ones i find online.. be sweet to live in a town with all these fine folks.. it'd be like mayberry but with everybody stoned ;) :D)
till then, we gotta rely online

Kaoitc, that sounds so fun and peaceful. i bet we could come up with a sheriff, gomer, goober, I could be aunt bea? LOLOLOL

I'm aussie ! How ya doin mate haha.. how did you go with finding a place to be accepted in? If Nimbin hasn't done it for you try coffs harbour, few places round there

Welcome to MP guys !-- I live in Texas down by the Mexican border -- I want to live in that place ya'll talking about !-- I get caught with so much as a dirty pipe -- I go to jail !-- The beat down is complementary !--
So hidden in plain site kinda sums it up for me too !-- Things are changing but I would be a fine feather in a any law dogs hat ! -- Weed don't have a name here either -- U at the right place !-- Feel free to visit the O.F.C. -- Old Farts Club it started as a place for seniors who grew or wanted to learn to grow but It has evolved into more of a community !-- Lots of good people all over MP --U got a grow question someone here knows the answer !

Latest posts

Back