Summer '17 Let's try again.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
R

Rosebud

Happy summer everyone. I am still not over my disaster od grow last summer with thrip. I am trying to let it go and think positive. I have been studying up on lst and I will be trying some new to me, techniques. One such technique is planting the plants at a 45-degree angle to the north. Then training the cola to the north at 45 as well. I hope to do this to increase yield but mainly to keep the canopy even for spraying. It was very hard to spray perfectly last year when the plants were over 10 feet. Also, we are only doing 6 plants in the garden and I hope some more in pots. My soil has been cooking.. this is what things look like this morning.
View attachment DSCF4794.jpg

View attachment DSCF4791.jpg

View attachment DSCF4792.jpg

View attachment DSCF4793.jpg

I got really lucky and met a nice person that went to Oregon and got me some nice medical strains. These strains i have only heard wonderful things about have never had the pleasure of growing. My trusty Harlequin's clone run is over. Just couldn't get a clone without thrip.
On the lineup: CBD

Franks Gift, cannatonic, Penny wise.

Looking really good as usual Rose. I love your back yard, it's so full of life. Last year is a cancelled check and has no effect on this year, good or bad. Time to let that go and just enjoy this years grow. Your gonna have a really good grow, and i think your gonna really like the Pennywise

"Pennywise is a high-CBD indica cross between Harlequin and Jack the Ripper, a combination that lends this strain its killer clown name. Four phenotypes of this Stephen King-inspired strain exist, some of which have fingerlike buds while others appear more round. Notes of coffee and pepper lift from the purple-fringed flowers with undertones of lemon and bubblegum. Rich in the therapeutic compound CBD, Pennywise is especially effective in treating arthritis, PTSD, epilepsy, neurological disorders, and cancer symptoms. It contains a 1:1 ratio of CBD and THC, so the psychoactive effects are milder and more relaxing. Jack the Ripper’s cerebrally focused effects are detectable in Pennywise’s genes as euphoria and mental clarity take over with an invigorating buzz. Pennywise flowers in 60 to 67 days and is suitable for either indoor or outdoor gardens." - Leafly

I have several crosses in bean form so if you like it i will gift you some beans this fall.

Mojo RB! Im very interested in your training technique. Should be fun to watch.

Good luck with an insect free garden rose! I think you'll be successful this year.

Rose Rose i'm so excited I have been trying since you sent me the nurse Larry F2 and I can finally say I have a girl I am so excited :dancing: thank you so much

Rosebud, I love following your grows. You have just the most beautiful yard--it is such a pleasure to simple be there.

I am loving the CBD strains, too. I am trying a high CBD, very low THC strain for my friends that are adversely affected by THC--supposed to be 20:1. It is a Harlequin x AC/DC cross called Candida. I ordered the seeds late, so they are just little babies, but I figure I have time. Last year, the plants didn't seem interested in flowering until sometime towards the end of July.

Here's to a great summer grow season :48:

I agree with THG your yard is looking beautiful your babies are looking really good too looking forward to watching

Thank each of you for the positive notes. I hope to share your positivity soon. Waiting to sex, clones are pulling out of their funk. We have two days of cloudy and lower temps, that is good for transitioning.

Let's do this, and thanks for all your help by stopping by. I appreciate it.

Mojo for the OD this year mama :48: Loving the positive vibes your garden gives off

I love your backyard Rose. Mine is much smaller but I'm tryin some CBD in my flower bed. Just awaiting the seed arrival, should be any day now. I'm a little late as it's getting hot here in northern Cali but I'll try anyway. I have some "Amnesia Auto CBD" coming, supposed to be 1:1 or 1:2. My wife suffers from back pain and nerve pain (aka fibromyalgia) and the doc prescribed meds give her uncomfortable sensations and don't help the problem. Also, too much thc seems to keep her awake at night. We've tried an indica heavy hybrid but she's kinda uncomfortable with the 15% thc, so I'm hoping this will be better... I'm watching, enjoying and learning from your backyard grow!

Looks great there Rose. You will really enjoy training the girls. I have planted four in a smart pot before winding them around inside as they grew. Made for a lot of kola's and a beautiful bush. I don't think it was over 3 feet tall at any point. Mr TC took some stiff wire and made me horseshoe shaped things to hold them down. I started doing it to them when they were a little bigger than the ones in your wagon.

Green Mojo!

Hey rb. I can say the training helps with shaping and bushing your plants but I have to say Topping just before u train each branch/cola is a major part of the yield gain from wat I've seen outdoors

Hi guys! Long time no see. Bud broke his knee the first weekend of June. Tomorrow he finds out if he can get out of the wheel chair he has been in since. He hasn't been out of the house as we have no ramp. We did re do our home a few years ago and made it wheelchair assessable except the ramp.. He didn't complain about being stuck in the house. I would have had a ramp in a week if it was me.

So I have been with out my gardening partner.. So, here is what has happened since; Here is a look around the back yard... It is nice and cool this morning, what a treat. Please notice the cages... they are done not so great, but i did um... View attachment DSCF4817.jpg

View attachment DSCF4816.jpg

View attachment DSCF4818.jpg

View attachment DSCF4819.jpg

View attachment DSCF4820.jpg

View attachment DSCF4821.jpg

View attachment DSCF4822.jpg

View attachment DSCF4824.jpg

View attachment DSCF4825.jpg

View attachment DSCF4823.jpg

Rose it is beautiful. I am very proud of your cages. I'm glad you have some strains that pleases you. I found a green crack cbd fem seed in my stash. I will save it for you.

Looking good Rose. Hope Mr. RB is out of that chair tomorrow and able to get out of the house and into your beautiful yard. Good thots your way.

Latest posts

Back