Name your Nutes, and GH 3 PART nute question

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
GH Flora series is not anything close to being organic. Flora is all mineral salts, there is not even any real organic ingedients except for maybe a little ammonia.

While I agree that General Hydroponis makes good products, i used them for years, I would have to disagree with GH being on the cutting edge of technology, GH doesn't pour even a quater of as much money into R&D as other companies such as Canna or Advanced.

The reason I switched from GH in the first place is because of the excessive salt build up, that I do not get with sensi bloom, or monkey juice as I am using now. I also will agree that Advanced knocked off the 3 part system, but that is from from advanced's best base nutrient.

I also agree that there is a lot of hype surrounding some other companies but that is beause presently there is some very important research going on that will revolutionize the whole nutrient industry. From the use of different carbohydrates, amino acids and chelates, unfortunatly GH is not a part of any of this research.

I always find it funny when people complain about how companies like Advanced "tell you" you need this. I have never saw anything from advanced telling you you need this additive, the fact is that companies such as GH have just as many additives as Advanced, the difference is that advanced has better products and they actually tell you how they all Can/Could be used in conjuction as a complete system, but all you NEED is a base nutrient. All of advanced products used say for the 2+ program have a very specific use

mineral salts are...
organic.
Definitions of organic on the Web:

* relating or belonging to the class of chemical compounds having a carbon basis; "hydrocarbons are organic compounds"
* being or relating to or derived from or having properties characteristic of living organisms; "organic life"; "organic growth"; "organic remains found in rock"
* involving or affecting physiology or bodily organs; "an organic disease"
* of or relating to foodstuff grown or raised without synthetic fertilizers or pesticides or hormones; "organic eggs"; "organic vegetables"; "organic chicken"
* simple and healthful and close to nature; "an organic lifestyle"
* constituent(a): constitutional in the structure of something (especially your physical makeup)
* a fertilizer that is derived from animal or vegetable matter

what is 'organic' is widely debated. chemically i suppose mineral salts are considered 'inorganic material'. i have no stock in GH, just the point that the flora series is highly refined nutrients that plants feed on, in a time tested balance and formulation and that it is important that we don't buy into marketing schemes. respect to anyone who uses a different regime, different product, whatevs...
'the cutting edge of technology' is kind of the opposite of natural & plant wisdom.

no wisdom in bickering over who thinks they use a superior formula, i use what works for me. i've watched growers buy every additive and 'organic' nute on the market and none are so unique or 'better' than GH flora. salt buildup is a very minor issue. using a plethora of products creates many potential issues.

massproducer said:
I always find it funny when people complain about how companies like Advanced "tell you" you need this. I have never saw anything from advanced telling you you need this additive, the fact is that companies such as GH have just as many additives as Advanced, the difference is that advanced has better products and they actually tell you how they all Can/Could be used in conjuction as a complete system, but all you NEED is a base nutrient. All of advanced products used say for the 2+ program have a very specific use

Advanced is boycotted by most of the growers i deal with. several area hydro shops will not carry their products. research, observe. i'm sure they put alot more money into advetisment on 'Weeds' than any R&D funding.

Firstly for something to be organic it must contain a carbon molecule, which mineral salts do not. A mineral salt is totally inorganic, that is a fact. Organic nutrients mainly consist of proteins, fats/lipids and carbohydrates. All other elements are derived from organic decomposition. You can not dispute a fact, but either way GH flora series is the farthest thing from organic that you can get.

Also thats cool that you do not like advanced, but have you actually used their products? I am guessing not. Advanced nutrients employes several PHd's, including Dr.Hornby the creator of Big Bud, that is fact. Also Advanced stands by every one of its products with a full money back guarentee, which no other company does.

As for natural, we are growing with inorganic chemical salts, that will never be natural, I can understand if you are feeding your plants completely organic nutrients, but growing with chemical salts can never be classified as natural.

Lastly, as long as you are using the products correctly you will have NO problems what so ever using the entire 2+ program, it is actually better to use products that derive their minerals from numerous different sources. It is all about the PPM. Basically I think that it is very unfortunate that you are willing to verbally degrade products that you have never even tried.

glyph said:
Advanced is boycotted by most of the growers i deal with. several area hydro shops will not carry their products. research, observe. i'm sure they put alot more money into advetisment on 'Weeds' than any R&D funding.

By the way "Weeds" asked for advanced nutrients help, not the other way around. They help design the set for the show and then became a sponsor.

hxxp://www.webwire.com/ViewPressRel.asp?aId=21757

Remember that everyone has an opinion about everything, but facts are facts and can not really be disputed.

in the big picture, hollywood is not something we support, nor is educating the po on growroom setup. Advanced paid big dunza for the ad. this is fact. your trusted media is not. growing & using herbs is just part of a much bigger dynamic of progressiveness. understanding how your purchaces affect the world around you is crucial.

Who is WE???? Educating the Po on grow room setup? You don't think the DEA and feds, know what a grow room looks like? It would be the general public that doesn't know what a growroom looks like, not the Leo who are trainned on identifing grows, the show weeds would not educate the loe on anything they do not already know.

i just provided info and a link from the shows creators, that is called a fact, you are still throwing around opinions with no fact to back them.

Bro I honetly can say I have no idea what you are talking about...

"growing & using herbs is just part of a much bigger dynamic of progressiveness. understanding how your purchaces affect the world around you is crucial."

Please explain this statement and how it pertains to advanced nutrients. How do you figure buying advanced nutrients is any different then buying GH, this makes no sense whatso ever

I use much of the same tech.. with mixing the sol in milk jugs first, and then into the res. I always miixed the micro first, then grow, and finally blom. But don't mix the nutrients undiluted so you dont get lockout

i bought the gh 3 part today and will try it as soon as my tds meter comes in.i have been reading lots and kinda been following puffins method.gonna give it a try anyway.you are all very informative.if i can put to good use all that i've read.thanks all

just gonna use the micro and bloom,the lucas formula,works for puffin and hes sure done it a heck of a lot longer than most.i'm gonna keep me 2 1gal jugs. premixed with gro and micro.add as needed in res.

are you adding the nutes undiluted!?!? Won't that cause lockout?? I was taught/told that you need to mix them with h2o first, starting with the Micro. I used to mix them in galon jugs first, then add to the res... Just my thoughts though. Good Luck!!

Puffin Afatty said:
I've been using gh flora series for many years now...it works for me...currently I am using the Lucas Formula, 8ml micro/16ml bloom in a gallon of distilled water...(you dont need the grow part) I adjust to 800-900ppm and a ph of 5.5-5.8...it's very stable and my plant loves it...

BTW, you need to mix the micro into water 1st, then the bloom, and then add to res, thus avoiding the micro precipitating the nutes out...
I read that they like a balanced ph of 7.?. Is that dependant on the pariclar strain? Does it vary from Indica to Sativa? Sorry, I'm obviously a newbie with a lot of this stuff:eek:
ps. what strain or you using?

botanicare pure blend pro grow and bloom, with bloom supplement

havent tried with dwc, but i think my soil grown ww is loving it so far, and i found myself giving them the recommended dosage, and no burn thusfar, and its organic. Just waiting on clones, then into the bucket they go!

i love the Gh nutes.but as i have not tried others.i do have some other lines that were gifts.the GH kicks to me.i will use it forever.if it works for ya,stick with it.i do find that the different strains take to the nutes alot differently.after i put mine in 5 gal buckets,i bump the nutes up slowly until i get the results i want.i usually get a little tip bur then i know where they like the nute level and run with it from then on.just top off with ph'd distilled water and change out the res about every 9-10 days.

Bio Bizz Grow and Bloom, Earth Juice Grow and Bloom, Botanicare Pure Blend Pro Bloom, and Fox farms basic 3 pack.

All I will ever really need.

i too have noticed salt deposits on my hydroton.i'm using the 3part and some diamond nectar..is this the "build up" you all are refering to ??? or is it normal to see a little white when the rocks are dry ??

Sometimes, overnuting a plant will make fertillzer salt spots on the stuff your watering (i.e. hydroton, vermeculite, potting soil) This will explain.

Sometimes when I give my vegging plants a foliar feeding, When I put a little too many nutes in there are white spots on the leaves. This is okay though, and unless it's stunting the growth you will be fine.

Just wash whatever has this on it with water, you will be fine. Try to add plain watering next watering, you may have given the thing a little much. Resume nutes next regular watering.

Good luck and grow on puff monkey!

AlienBait said:
I don't use GH. Instead, I use Vita-Grow 3-part powder. It is non-organic (pure chemicals, LOL).

Full strength for Vegging is 1/2 tsp of the "Green(micro)" and 1/2 tsp of the "Red(Nitrogen)" per gallon.

For Flowering, I use 1/2 tsp "Green", 1/2 tsp "Red", and 1/4 tsp "Blue(P and K)" for the first 4 weeks then switch to 1/2 tsp Green, 1/4 tsp Red, and 1/2 tsp Blue for the next 4 weeks and clean water for the last week (for a 9 week flowering plant).

I mix the chemicals by adding them to a 1 gallon jug of water, adjust the PH to 5.5 and dump it in the reservoir. When the reservoir gets low, I add more PH'd nutes at full strength. I know most people add water, but I have not had any trouble pouring in full strength nutes.

To adjust the PH, I use chemicals made for adjusting the PH in swimming pools. I had some because I have a pool, so I thought I would try it out and, low and behold, it worked perfectly.

I flush with clean water when I switch from Vegging to Flowering and again at 4 weeks of flower.

The water I use is filtered through a carbon filter. It is the kind that attaches to the faucet.

Sometimes I have to deviate from the above routine when the plants ask for it. For example, my Strawberry Cough needed more Nitrogen, so I had to use twice as much of the Red.

So far in my travels, I have not met any one else who uses these nutes, but I thought I would post up my routine just in case somebody just might choose to use them some time in the future. Mutt made this a sticky after all. :hubba:

I bought the same Nutes havent tryed them yet still needing to get a ph tester and ppm tester along with airpump air stone and OH yeah a freaking plant to germ :hitchair:

For those of you who use the GH Flora Lucas Formula (8ml Micro: 16 ml bloom/ 1 gal of h2o)...do you use this nute solution throughout the entire grow...both veg and flower? If not how is the Lucas Formula adapted for veg and flower? Thanks in advance.

solarz

Latest posts

Back