Sunakard Tent Grow 2014

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
well when you really think about it, why not use a rapid rooter, the main reason they are so perfect is they still allow the plant to breathe yet not so much that they dry out, if kept in a humidity dome, so they retain the perfect moisture for a seed to sprout, speaking of i need to get in there and snap some pics, the Nurse Larry are just insane i gotta say, my satori didnt even grow this fast, the NL are coming along so nicely, i see why everyone who has grown it loves it, its just a strong strain... the one seedling that had a broken seed leaf, you can hardly tell it was missing 50% of its start up power supply, its right along side with the others... ill get some pics posted tonight, but its time to relax for a while not work more lol...

thank you for the kind words MrCane and Rosebud... nice to see people finally poking their noses in here XD yay

That 3rd picture down is a beautiful shot of your boy. All plants have trichomes I guess or oil glands. You purple vine is pretty, I used to have one of those years ago. Keep up that nice talk about that nurse larry. ha.. She is a good one. I have been smoking her every night this week.

well i got some pics on the weekend and i wanna try to get some today and hopefully post them later today, just had a ton of work recently so iv been bogged down...

the Nurse Larry (4) are looking great, they got a little taller then i would have liked, darn stretching, so i had to make little stands to keep them upright... no biggie since they look GREAT!...

i transplanted my Satori female into a 5gal grow bag, and had a bit of an issue, i watered her on saturday and i dont think she dried out enough, got the whole plant clawing now, dangit!!! ooh well, ill let her dry out for a few more days and all should be good, because of the clawing she is showing some brown spots on the middle-ish fans but all was good before that overwatering so im hoping everything will bounce back ok...

as for the male... he has almost doubled in size, as expected from a flowering plant, and he is really starting to spew pollen every day now, i was trying to figure out the best way to pollinate the female since most of the pollen has fallen off his leaves and such its gonna be a little harder to simply shake him onto her... but i do have a small makeup brush ill use to pick up a little pollen and ill brush all the preflowers with pollen if i need to...

im setting up my tent this weekend and the female is going into flower for a week to blast those preflowers, she just doesnt have enough for the amount of seeds id like to get, so a week in flower should be enough to bulk up preflowers a bit more, then on the 8th or 9th of January she and the male will have their little sexy fun time in my bathroom for 24hrs, then back into flower she goes, i so cant wait lol, its gonna be nice to finally grow out a female satori to the end, i hate that i had to scrap my previous grow since i had 5 satori females and 3 Fruitylisious females in flower, they smelled soooo good, >_< ooh well it is what it is and im looking forward to getting the tent back up and running again... ill pop back in later and crop some photos and snap some more current photos for everyones enjoyment...

and now finally the Male Satori, honestly my favorite part... im actually quite excited to grow a male and share nice pics of him... such a rarity since we all take the axe to males asap...

Christmas Weekend... 4th pic is the pollen that has dropped below, with a little i gently tapped off of leaves to collect below.

View attachment CIMG0742.JPG
View attachment CIMG0744.JPG
View attachment CIMG0745.JPG
View attachment CIMG0746.JPG

and again here HE is just yesterday... again last pic is of pollen collected from natural falling and gentle shaking of the plant, being careful NOT to go crazy and have pollen everywhere, so far so good...

View attachment CIMG0752.JPG
View attachment CIMG0753.JPG
View attachment CIMG0754.JPG
View attachment CIMG0755.JPG
View attachment CIMG0756.JPG
View attachment CIMG0757.JPG
View attachment CIMG0758.JPG
View attachment CIMG0759.JPG

HAHAHA!!! sorry for the uber spam of pics, i hope i dont take up a whole page with these few posts LOL!!! but the male is just so unique and vastly different, its a total joy to grow and see it change on a daily basis, and im amazed at the trichomes, granted im sure MOST are ball or hair type and not the wonderful Stalk trichs we all look for on females, but there are a handful of stalk trichs on this bad boy... im mainly looking for his structure to be passed on which is nice and compact, and every satori iv seen around here hasnt been as dence of a bush as the male was before pruning and flower, not much stretch maybe 50%-ish, i gotta say i will be sad when i gotta trash such an awesome looking bro... lol

well today im setting up the tent and getting the female in there to start piling on the preflowers for her special little date with the male in about a week, i plan on letting her flower for a week before she gets her date with the male, he is almost done spewing, about 25-30% of the pods still havnt popped open but give it a week and im sure he will be much closer to finished, iv already got a top of pollen collected below the male so i could use it right now but i want more pistils before that happens. i also just pruned up the female a bit too, took off some of the lower fan leaves that were just in the way of other branches, so now shes opened up a bit more, she should really take off tonight when i throw her into flower.

omg that male was/is beautiful!!!! What a nice looking boy... how fun...you gonna have great seeds.. congrats.

well he is still alive and kicking, i plan on getting everything set up today, tent and such, so the female satori can flower for a week, i want more seeds then she has preflowers right now so im going to let her flower for a week or so, at this moment the tentative "date" is next weekend, like the 8th or 9th, unless she doesnt have as many pistils as id like, id really like to be able to get 50-60 seeds minimum from her, not looking for hundreds or id wait a lot longer before the 2 of them get together for some sexy fun time lol... id really like to get a good bunch of seeds, since i choose this male as opposed to the lankier one, id like to find some females from the batch of seeds that share that stocky and compact structure like the male has, although i havnt grown out nearly as many plants as some people around here, i have found that i too prefer the shorter bushier plants as opposed to ones that will stretch like mad in flower, i hate having to adjust tables and crates to make sure one lanky plant is far enough away from my lights... plus the shorter bushier plants just look so much better in my opinion...
and yes Rose, what fun... its so interesting to grow out a male, what a learning experience, the only "male-ish" experience iv had was with a much earlier grow with a bagseed, the whole crop of 6 hermied on me around week 6 or 7 in flower, so seeing buds with random nanners is the extent of my interaction/experience with males flowers... an actual male is just so different then the females and so interesting, and this one in particular, im liking it a lot actually, there is a fair amount of trichomes on the leaves especially the undersides closest to the stem of the leaves, and even the branches/stalk of the plant, its quite sticky and smells ooh so good... ill get some pics and such of the female in the tent and their sexy fun day in the bathroom lol.

things are just now starting to really take off, the female is recovering from overwatering/transplant and the clones are doing really well, i woke up to them all wilted and i just watered 2 days ago so they are definitely ready to be transplanted, as are the Nurse Larry (4), they are now all on their 3rd set of leaves and on one the seed leaves are starting to be consumed so they are ready for xplant as they need food... so today is a big day for me lol iv got a lot of work to do.

ps, thanks for stopping in Rose. i guess males and vegging females just dont really catch many peoples interests...

well things didnt go quite as i had planned, i finally had time today to transplant my Nurse Larry (4) and was able to set up my tent and everything except the carbon scrubber but eeh ill do that later when its really needed, got all the important stuff set up for now so thats good enough, iv gotta clean the fan i use for the tent as its been collecting dust for quite a while. i got the Satori Female in flower officially as of tonight, her first dark period...
after about a week or so ill be bringing her out for her little date with the male, whom is almost done flowering, maybe 10% of pollen pods still havnt popped but he is close to done.
ill snap a few pics of him tomorrow (tuesday) and crop what i took tonight and post it up for all to see, now that things are just starting to rock n roll.

thanks again to all who have stopped in and taken a look, and all whom have helped me... its greatly appreciated!!! couldnt be doing all i am without this great community...

wow. i never saw a male like that. like to see the whole screwing/babies thing. very intersting..

here is a few pics of my 4 Nurse Larry that just got transplanted on monday as well...
in the 4th pic (NL#3) you can see a staggering of the new growth tops... yes tops, it seems to have naturally topped its self, once again starting from seed i get a weird one in the batch that seems to have naturally topped lol always gotta be one goofy on in the bunch i suppose...

View attachment CIMG0768.JPG

View attachment CIMG0773.JPG

View attachment CIMG0769.JPG

View attachment CIMG0770.JPG

View attachment CIMG0772.JPG

wow. i never saw a male like that. like to see the whole screwing/babies thing. very intersting..

lol Grass i totally agree... such a nice looking male, heck its a nice looking pheno of Satori, only one iv seen even around here that was super short and compact especially when left to just grow naturally without topping, super cropping or LST... i checked in on him like 20min ago and he is just about done popping pods... there are a few smaller pods at the very top of the "kola" and a hand full of random pods scattered that have yet to pop open, but between whats on the fan/very few shade leaves and the foil below iv got a ton of pollen, far more then i actually need from what iv read/heard from others so in reality when ever the female is up to my standards and has enough pistils in early flower ill meet them up, i was thinking of this weekend but it might take till next wed or thur... eeh what ever lol she will be stacked enough when shes stacked enough lol just gotta wait, the worst part of growing, the sitting around and waiting without doing anything... i kinda hate those days when i walk in the grow room all ready to do some work and look over everything and nothing needs to be done...

so 2 little tid-bits to give an update on...

first is the Satori Female... im amazed at satori already, she has only been in 12/12 since monday, monday night was her move into the tent as well as first dark period, so technically Tuesday was her first full day in 12/12, she started out with about 10-15 pistils scattered through out her, now today, a measly 4 days later and she is looking good, i didnt look over the whole plant but the 2 main stems i checked had at least 15-20 per, and she has about 6 or 8 nice big side branches/tops... so sunday for sure is gonna be her date day with the male...

2nd update and i think this is super super funny and kind of ironic... iv been watering the male when needed, never letting it go too long and wilt, but over the past 2 days he has started going limp-ish... the lower 3 sets of fan leaves are starting to sag down instead of being up on an angle... he is pretty much finished flowering...

i find it hilarious that when a male is done spewing his seed he starts to go limp... and so is this Male Satori...... HA!

well as of this morning im kind of debating when i should let the Male and Female Satori get together for their "sexy fun day" lol as iv said before im really looking for upwards of 40-50 seeds from this breeding run, id rather not have just a few as id have to breed again soon and thats not what im looking for, id like a good batch of seeds to find those nice fat leaved and super squatty compact females since the male has the squatty and compact structure... today it looks like i might just be at the pollinating stage but i think im going to let her go for another few days so she can really lay on more pistils... granted its just a guess as i didnt actually count every single pistil but its looking like its nearing the 40 mark, and id like it a little higher, so unless i get suggestions stating otherwise im gonna let her go for a few more days then she can get all knocked up by the male...

in other news, the 4 Nurse Larry are doing great, about tripled in size since i transplanted them from cups to 5x5inch square veg pots... they are all at least 6-7 nodes already and one of them the #3 i pointed out in previous pictures has done something really really strange, ill have to get pics later today to show you all, but what i thought was a natural "topping" infact wasnt... its strange, one of the "splits" from the "natural topping" didnt grow as expected, instead of forming a new top/growth tip, it branched out for about an inch then threw a growth tip and a leaf... so there is a small "stalk" like branch thats about an inch long that grew right into a leaf stem... its so weird... never seen anything like it before... but all in all the Nurse Larry are kicking butt... my only question would be(and im sure youll need some pics to say yes or no) should i top them or let them go all natural... havnt decided on that yet...

my Satori clones (6) are ROCKING!!! 3 i topped and 3 i left alone as they were the smaller 3 of the 6, so ill top them soon, one of the 3 already topped is awesome i got 3 tops from it now instead of 2 tops like the other 2 that were topped, my veg space is really starting to look awesome again, a nice sea of little green vegging plants...

i will try to get and crop some pics later on today of everything, even the male whos going limp lol,

well today is the day... i just got done moving both the male and female into my bathroom and shook the living crap outta the male overtop of the female, i then brushed up and collected all the pollen that fell below on top of the foil below, i gently brushed the pollen onto every pistil i could find to ensure that every single one got a bit of pollen... it looks like it should be around 40-50+ seeds... even if i get less then that ill still be happy, every 10 seeds is like $120 i didnt have to spend, plus the fact that hopefully if all works out i should be able to find a few short stocky very compact females from this batch of seeds... im gonna go take some pics of everything and post them up as soon as i can

again thank you everyone who helped with any and all breeding knowledge, i couldnt have come this far with breeding on my own so thank you all...

i have also moved my 2 135 watt LED UFOs into the flower tent to add the needed light along with the 600watt HPS, since the male is gonna be chopped tomorrow and the female is going to be washed off there is no need to have a separate male flowering area so finally the nice new bust strip/timer and both LED UFOs into the tent, things look much better, back to the way things were before i had to tear it all down a year or so ago... my Aloe and Purple Passion might slightly suffer from slightly less light but eeh, that corner of the veg space they are in typically never had plants in it since the flood tray i have doesnt reach all the way over there, and neither does the light at the moment, i will probably be adjusting the veg light a fuzz but as of right now for the MJ plants its perfect right where it is... so all in all its shaping up to be a great day...

Latest posts

Back