The MP cannabis grafting thread

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
BBP Thanks for doing this and having us for the ride.
I have had good luck with Apple trees using The veneer/side graft.

BBP Thanks for doing this and having us for the ride.
I have had good luck with Apple trees using The veneer/side graft.

No problem at all. Its just something fun to do in my spare time. I've had luck with japanese maples and the veneer graft. Thanks for stopping by!

Wow, very interesting. Lots of ideas are being cultivated through all those reading your post, well done Bomb.

Yo Bomb !-- I like it !-- At first I couldn't see a benefit to grafting so never thought much more about it !--
There might be a benefit after all !-- Could we take a long finishing sativa and graft on a limb from a fast finishing Indica and maybe a limb from a 60 day ish finisher harvest three varieties from the same plant at 3 different times ?-- Just a thought !

Yo Bomb !-- I like it !-- At first I couldn't see a benefit to grafting so never thought much more about it !--
There might be a benefit after all !-- Could we take a long finishing sativa and graft on a limb from a fast finishing Indica and maybe a limb from a 60 day ish finisher harvest three varieties from the same plant at 3 different times ?-- Just a thought !

Most definitely!

Do you think they would take better if the scion had less vegetation?

When I clone I usually remove most, and cut some off of the remaining leaves.
This helps with leaf transpiration. If there is less leaf matter they will loose less water to the air.

I have experience grafting with apple trees. But a limited amount.
One thing I know (with trees), is the graft needs to line up on the outside of the stem,if that makes sense.

Good luck! Watching closely

I was thinking the big benefit would be to graft a few different plants onto one shared stock to create a clone mother that would give up three types of weed.

Then I would only need one mother keeping my numbers down! = more plants in the flower room!

I was thinking the big benefit would be to graft a few different plants onto one shared stock to create a clone mother that would give up three types of weed.

Then I would only need one mother keeping my numbers down! = more plants in the flower room!

:aok:

Yup...that's my goal. Less plants but lots of flavors.

Here's an update on the Kurple Guerilla scion. Looking great. I'll give it another week then take the plastic wrap off and see how the graft Looks.

View attachment 2017-01-27_23.03.09.jpg

View attachment 2017-01-27_23.02.23.jpg

View attachment 2017-01-27_23.05.44.jpg

Okay. Here's a visual how to on the veneer graft. Make sure you clean everything with alcohol even the root stock and scions. Clean your knife between each cut...very important!!!

1St pic is a Blue Cindy #1 clone. I'll take a scion from this.

2nd pic is the root stock...bag seed #3 iirc. Same plant the Kurple Guerilla scion is on.

3rd pic is the cut into the root stock. You only want to cut into the cambium layer. Do not cut into the middle of the plant. Just a 45 degree cut into the cambium layer.

4th pic is the cutting/scion from the Blue Cindy. 45 degree cut on each side.

5th pic is the scion being inserted into the cut in the root stock. It should for snug and stay put. Make sure you get the scion and the root stocks cambium layer lined up as close as possible because that is what will fuse them together.

6th pic is the graft after being wrapped in plastic wrap. This is a lil difficult as you have to wrap it very snug but avoid getting your calcium to calcium contact off.

7th and 8th pic is just duct tape holding the plastic wrap in place.

9th pic is the scion wrapped in plastic to keep humidity high until the graft takes/fails.

That's it...cannabis veneer/side grafting.

View attachment 2017-01-29_16.15.37.jpg

View attachment 2017-01-29_16.16.20.jpg

View attachment 2017-01-29_16.17.11.jpg

View attachment 2017-01-29_16.17.50.jpg

View attachment 2017-01-29_16.19.05.jpg

View attachment 2017-01-29_16.20.01.jpg

View attachment 2017-01-29_16.20.57.jpg

View attachment 2017-01-29_16.21.31.jpg

View attachment 2017-01-29_16.22.05.jpg

Did another veneer graft today. All recent grafts look good. This is relatively easy. I wish someone would join in.

The veneer grafts seem to take easiest so far but tomorrow I'll try some other methods and post pics:).

Super Sick BBP! I have always wanted to do this, and it's great to see someone of your caliber busting this out bro! Great work!

Latest posts

Back