Helping Hands Grow 2017

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tcbud

Reaction score
With help from friends here at MP we are starting another year of a Medical Marijuana Grow.

We grow outside, in Smart Pots (45 gal.) 50-50 old to new soil. Under ideal conditions we are usually transplanted and outside by now. We had some problems with germination on the seeds we intended for this year. With the kind help of our friends here giving us some seeds we have 18 small plants that have yet to be sexed. We transplanted from 4 inch to gallon pots today. We will be leaving those pots outside until they show sex in the next few weeks. We have been hardening them off for the last week after starting them under T5's at 14 hours of light.

I will get into what we have growing in a later post when we have the girls and boys separated. Here are some pics on us transplanting.

View attachment IMG_0753.jpg

View attachment IMG_0752.jpg

Nice start to what is fosure gonna be an EPIC OD......green mojo TC, glad to see you get your thread up and going. If you ever need anything shoot me a PM, were not strangers :)

Thank you Kraven, glad to have you here. Come by when you can and please don't hesitate to comment.

That goes for all of y'all, please ask questions, or just say hello. Glad to help any new growers or poke fun with all you old "Farts".

Glad to be back and this year is gonna be fun.....might be some Northern Lights in the mix this year.....my all time fave.

Well well well, it is surely summer now. TCBUD is in the house! Ok, if you're doing an od journal I will too. I love it when you return Woohoo.. i will be watching.

I hope you get some nice northern lights girls. I was told they are the real deal.
I'm excited to see them in your care, and in the great sunshine! This is going to be great. Always look forward to your thread.

Both of you, Rosebud and Yarddog welcome welcome. Without you two and Umbra things would be quit different here. Thank you all so much.

Rose, would love to keep up on an outdoor journal. I'm hoping to find one here of
the Hemp Goddess too. And will be looking in on lots of journals I'm sure.

Two more pics. Overall garden and a view from my stool. Chilly here tonight. We will leave them out tonight. In direct sun for an hour in the morning, then back to the dappled shade under the oak. They got some direct sun this evening too just before sunset.

View attachment IMG_0758.jpg

View attachment IMG_0760.jpg

Yes my world is upside down sometimes. Did try to fix that. It is late, guess I'll leave it for now.

I just turned my monitor upside down and got the good view ;)

:aok: lookin forward to watchin another beauty grow show
best of luck this season TC
:)

Tcbud, I am, as always, looking forward to your outdoor grow journal. You just seem to rock it outdoors!

I am hoping that Rosebud will also have a journal....just looking at her backyard is a pleasure.

I will try and get an outside journal up, too.

As the sun sinks slowly in the west......

We have identified one female. May have three more growing hairs.

So,

1. northern lights female
2. Assorted plants, bottom right is alternating nodes already. Fun.

We have most of the plants in their gallon pots then buried in the smart pots to keep the roots from baking. Our temps have been mid to high 90's f. Over night temps 47-56f. I think they have doubled in height since the transplant.

Welcome all, good to see you old friends and new. I have been growing now as a member here since 2007! Sure does not seem that long. Hope we get another good show this year.

Rose, have you started your outdoor journal yet? Hoping Stonloc puts one up too.

Hope everyone had a great weekend and dang if June 1, isn't just around the corner.

View attachment IMG_0769.jpg

View attachment IMG_0766.jpg

I'm hating my iPad right now.

Ommmmmmm

Woohoo looking good TC, things are progressing really well. Got to be the way your holding the ipad, funny to see you post sideways ;)

TCbud, could you please tell me about the leaving the plants in the pots before transplanting into the smart pots? How does this keep the roots cool and how do the roots get out into the smartpot?

I will get ahold of my boy ston~ and tell him he is wanted. THG, i thinks he does that for insulation from the heat until the plants get climatized... I had a clone droop and looked like it was going to die yesterday from the heat. I moved it under the patio and it perked up overnight... too hot too fast here.

Latest posts

Back