Hermie....

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Trent45

Reaction score
Well I found a few balls on one of my big tall babies. down towarss the bottom of the plant, otherwise nothing else.... I kinda wanna keep it, just because I wanna get some smoke off of it. When will those balls pop, I've heard usually 4-5 week into flower. I have been on 12/12 for 11 days.... Oherwise the top nodes are chock full of white hairs....

What to do...

If it's your only plant growing I'd say keep on keepin' on. Hermie smoke is better than no smoke IMO. If you've got other ladies in there with the hermie, get rid of it asap.

Hope that helps.

There are 4 others in there with it..... I know I shouldn't leave it in there, but the prospect of a few seeds in my buds isn't a huge bother if I can get some good smoke off this girly boy

Trent45 said:
Well I found a few balls on one of my big tall babies. down towarss the bottom of the plant, otherwise nothing else.... I kinda wanna keep it, just because I wanna get some smoke off of it. When will those balls pop, I've heard usually 4-5 week into flower. I have been on 12/12 for 11 days.... Oherwise the top nodes are chock full of white hairs....

What to do...
no thats not true i had my plant in flowering as long as you and i put it outside and 2 seed popped

Trent45 said:
There are 4 others in there with it..... I know I shouldn't leave it in there, but the prospect of a few seeds in my buds isn't a huge bother if I can get some good smoke off this girly boy

Grow it in another room/area

Trent45 said:
"ONE" single grain of pollen + "one" pistil = :"one" seed...
a single staminate flower can/will contain "thousands" of grains of pollen. A "couple" of hermie flowers, can essentially seed your entire grow. (with worthless hermie seeds, I might add)

Trent45 said:

What to do...

I put my N.L. & P.P. male in with my females for a few days and Had NO fans going and had only 2 female branches on the male plant and after I pulled the males out and behold I GOT SEEDS every where I believe from what I am seeing.
So if u think it might get a few seeds U'll be wrong, U will get ALOT !! Which is ok for me for future grow, but I didn't want the whole plant pollenated but oh well.. I had a true female & male.. No hermie so far..
So Hicks is right one little Pollen Pop can send ur whole grow into seeds..

Hick said:
"ONE" single grain of pollen + "one" pistil = :"one" seed...
a single staminate flower can/will contain "thousands" of grains of pollen. A "couple" of hermie flowers, can essentially seed your entire grow. (with worthless hermie seeds, I might add)

I hear on that one Hick. For now we have no worries, balls have been removed, nothing on it now. I'll be keeping a close eye on "it" to make sure it doesn't shoot pollen all over, gonna hold onto it due to the size of the plant and the budsites, probabaly pull it early for some hash makin

Way to go Trent,just keep your eyes peeled and remove their nuts as they appear and you'll be fine.

But....it's so easy to miss one so just be eagle eyed!

Yeah everything is under control for the time being, everyone else is looking fine, and even the plant with the balls is growin hairs like crazy. All the hairs are still white, no swollen calyxes, so far, so good.

I hate it when the Ladies think they need a set of balls.:hubba:

Latest posts

Back