Zinc deficiency ? Pls help

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brohio

Reaction score
Hello

Have three autos around 64 days, with possible zinc problem. Yellowing leaves with most pointed down claw like. Can't get pic up now, what to do ?

If you can't get a photo up, you will at least need to give us a lot more information. Soil or hydro? What nutes are you using? If it's hydro, what's the pH and ppm of the nutrient solution and are you using tap or distilled/RO water? What are the temps, humidity of the room?

Ok, it's in FFOF soil, around 70-75 degrees, tap water and not sure of the PH. We used some organic nitrogen, and a tiny bit of Miracle Grow early on.(I know, )...and a little bit of molasses since they started blooming. They are getting nice buds, big and tall. But, a lot of the leaves started turning yellow, pointing down, , some from yellow to a burnt orange color. The more I read, I realize it's pretty bad. Can you help ????

Do you mean the lower fan leaves or all the leaves? It's normal for lower fan leaves to yellow as flowering progresses. I've never grown an auto before, but I assume that's equally true like it is for photoperiod strains. How long is that strain supposed to flower for? If it's in the last couple weeks then I wouldn't worry if the fan leaves are starting to turn "fall colors"....

Brohio: You didn't mention doing any regular feeding other than using molasses. That leads me to think that the soil is depleted of available nutrients. You also mixed organic and synthetic nutrients in your grow medium but you don't have any microbes to do the work for organic nutrients to be affective. Also, the molasses is worthless to the plants in synthetic grows as it only feeds the microbes, not the plant. The idea that sweeteners add to anything in the plants is a myth ffor synthetic grows. It is only useful for organics that have good microbe herds.

FFOF is a mixture of synthetic and organic materials so that it can be used either way. But unless you add in a source of microbes like Mychorrizae, the organic nutrients in the medium will not be made available to the plants. It is for this reason that I don't like the FFOF. I have seen too many people have trouble with it under different conditions. One thing you will discover is that what works for some will not work for all. MJ growing is very situation specific, meaning that almost every grow is slightly different. But the main principals apply across the spectrum. The most important rule that I push to many new growers is to not mix organic mediums/methods/nutrients with synthetic mediums/methods/nutrients. Only the most experienced who have worked out the particulars and fully understand the chemistry (and bio-chemistry) can successfully combine certain elements of these 2 methods.

Bottom line, I think they are starving from the lack of one or more elements in the soil. You need to get some liquid nutrients like GH Flora 3part

Latest posts

Back