over using butane torches

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

deadkndys

Reaction score
So long story short I was heating up my nail last night and all of a sudden my torch caught on fire. Got 2nd degree burns on my hands but overall not that bad. After that experience i'm gonna bite the bullet and buy me an electronic nail.

Wow...I beat the hell out of my butane torches and never had that happen. Usually they just stop lighting consistently and then not at all.

I have never had that happen. Did you over fill it? What brand was it so no one else buys it.

This torch just attached to the butane container so no overfilling. It was called "power" was blue and chrome nozzle.

hxxp://www.amazon.com/Power-Butane-Mounted-Flame-Lighter/dp/B00IZHAGCM

I've sold a ton of Newport torches, and it's usually the safety switches and ignition that are the problem with those (and others i've seen).

It sounds like the canister didn't blow, so there's that bit of luck at least. Having a 300ml can go has got to be worse than the 30ml tank on an avg. 6" torch.

this should a great reminder for all to know where the closest extinguisher is when using a torch! Hope it all heals quickly.

Wow, glad it wasn't worse. Like Hamster mine usually just stop working after awhile but never seen one catch fire.

Latest posts

Back