Organic Bloom Fertilizers, so many choices!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

drfting07

Don't panic it's Organic!
Reaction score
Ive been doing some unfamiliar research lately. This season, instead of using a dry organic fertilizer like Dr. Earth Organic 8, ide like to try a one part liquid fertilizer thats is MJ specific. Here are some Ive found.

General Hydroponics: Bio-Bud
Roots Organic: Buddha Bloom
Fox Farm: Big Bloom & Tiger Bloom
Advanced Nutrients: Iguana Juice Bloom
Bio-Canna: Bio Flores

Now, where do i even begin choosing one? Anyone on the forum have experience with any of these? How are they to mix?

I use Fox farms Tiger Bloom and Big Bloom. If using the TB, be sure adjust ph accordingly and you get fat sticky icky.

LAst two runs I used just the Big Bloom (under the idear that it'd be more natural and I didn't have to ph it :rolleyes: ) and found it waaay more sticky but didn't have the density that it had when used in conjunction with the TB. It also showed some phos. def.'s mid flower with just the Big Bloom, so I'll be going back to the TB + BB+molasses/feeding.

When I use them together as per FF's suggestion, I stave off the Tiger Bloom the last two weeks and just use molasses and Big Bloom feedings until the pull.

:peace:

Thanks 7GE, good info! Keep it coming guys

Tiger Bloom is 2-8-4
Big Bloom is .01.-.3-.7 and has bat guano and worm castings
Bio Bud is .5-.1-1

My water is 7.8 ph so when I use Tiger Bloom, 1 teaspoon it drops the ph in the water to 6.8 so I don't need ph down.

I always check ph now no matter what...:confused2: that's cool that you know where you're at with your base water ph tho :)

7greeneyes said:
I always check ph now no matter what...:confused2: that's cool that you know where you're at with your base water ph tho :)

I definitely test each time I water. A smidgeon (technical term) more or less fertilizer can make a difference in the ph.

I wasn't at all happy with the General Organics line in hydro, but I gave the nutes to a friend growing in soil who liked them.

Are you aware that Tiger Bloom is not organic?

Don't have any other experience with any of those others. However, over the years I have tried many different kinds of "bloom enhancers" without noticing any difference in the size of the buds I used it on and the ones I didn't.

I have used Roots Organics line The buddah bloom is fine. If you look at their ingredients so much of it is molasses based.

7greeneyes said:

I never check my PH, just let the soil microbes keep everything in check. Always have been organic, and i dont see myself "changing over"... for anyone or anything. Just the way i was raised i suppose. Mother Nature appreciates it, im sure of it! Anywho.....:stoned:

The Hemp Goddess said:
I wasn't at all happy with the General Organics line in hydro, but I gave the nutes to a friend growing in soil who liked them.

Are you aware that Tiger Bloom is not organic?

Don't have any other experience with any of those others. However, over the years I have tried many different kinds of "bloom enhancers" without noticing any difference in the size of the buds I used it on and the ones I didn't.

Thanks for the personal experience THG. Thats all im looking for. Not looking for that "Bloom Enhancer" that promises the world, bigger yields....blah blah blah. Just a well rounded organic nutrient for flowering, and your opinion on them.

Also i thought that may be true about Tiger Bloom. Thanks for the tip :cool2:

Rosebud said:
I have used Roots Organics line The buddah bloom is fine. If you look at their ingredients so much of it is molasses based.

:ciao: Rose, thank you soooo much for coming in. I have really been looking into roots organic. Can you elaborate on the Buddha Bloom? "Fine"...lol..is that the good kind of fine? How is it to mix? Heard is was a little hard to work with. The grow journals you do are great, and the girls sure arent complaining! Ive seen you are now mixing your own soil. Are you using the Buddha Bloom with this soil? Or is it a SS?

Thanks again!

Drfting07

It is mostly NVChef's recipe so yes it is a SS. I just started with it and am not sure how much ferts i will need in flower yet.

It is easy to mix...a tbl per gallon I think. The thing that bugs me is their line has SO MANY different nutes. I like the veg and the buddha the best.

Do you use teas? It looks like you do. Do you feel you need more than tea cause they are such big girls?

an amazing bloom enhancer is....

budswell tea........made by.... the guano company!

start at 10ml/g and at week 4 increase to 15

doesnt change ph or ppms of water..........

hxxp://www.hydroponics.net/i/133000

real organics isn't about the nutes, its about the microbes that the nutes breed. In veg high N orgaincs is about bacteria that breed in high N organic matter and in flowering its about organic matter high P and K...because they breed fungi and that's what plants want in flowering. The idea that you are feeding your plants is not accurate, you are feeding the soil. :D

:cool2:

Have a recipe book somewhere Umbra? Ide love to see some of your mixes, soil and nutrient, as well as your N Bacteria/ P&K Fungi mixes!

Thanks! :48:

Drfting07

Fungi tea with mollases and powdered kelp and a little of EJ's bloom, meta K, and micro blast and half a cup of volcanic bat guano. I make it in a 50 gallon drum with heat and air stones. I double the kelp and molasses last month. last year a little to much and got some bud rott.

most budding products are lots of kelp and molasses.

drfting07 said:
I never check my PH, just let the soil microbes keep everything in check. Always have been organic, and i dont see myself "changing over"... for anyone or anything. Just the way i was raised i suppose. Mother Nature appreciates it, im sure of it! Anywho.....:stoned:

It's mostly organic if not "natural" the rest is semantics. Ph balancing occurs whether or not you check your ph with the FFOF and a lil goes along way with that (TigerBloom). You can burn your plants with organics, it's just a bigger shock and longer turnaround if you do....Before I came here never ever checked my ph, but I wasn't using a complete soil & nute lineup

And "yes" with just the Big Bloom and FFOF only regimen, I consider that "organic"...

Picked up some Kelp Meal and Brer Rabbit Molasses yesterday. Going to use it as a boost during flower. Teach me the way of the seaweed!

7greeneyes said:
It's mostly organic if not "natural" the rest is semantics. Ph balancing occurs whether or not you check your ph with the FFOF and a lil goes along way with that (TigerBloom). You can burn your plants with organics, it's just a bigger shock and longer turnaround if you do....Before I came here never ever checked my ph, but I wasn't using a complete soil & nute lineup

And "yes" with just the Big Bloom and FFOF only regimen, I consider that "organic"...

FFOF is fox farm ocean forest? I think organic growing has more to do with biology than organic material soil. FFOF has no bio and neither does big bloom. I don't think it would really be organic growing. tiger bloom is definetely not organic. FF nuts line is fake organic. i mean no real benifits. BB is the only organic part of there nutes, which is pointless if you use there other nutes that will kill the fungi, bacteria, nematodes, Protozoa, and on. And that's what feeds your plants in an organic regimen.

if it works than it works though. But organic I'm not sure about that.

Big bloom is organic. Tigerbloom and Growbig may not be 100% organic but big bloom is.

From another thread
Old SSSC Guy said:
Only a guess, but my take on it is that they use chelating agents & EDTA to buffer the release of minerals, else they would so into solution when mixed and potentially OD a plant. Also, EDTA-based minerals will buffer the breakdown of lime (scale) in solution to stop them from percipitating out. Its the same reason many 'pro' grade chemical ferts come in 2-4 parts - they are separating the mineral sources so they will not combine and percipitate lime scale. If you try 1-part chem ferts like "EcoGrow" you will end up with a granular 'sand' at the bottom of the bucket; because the minerals naturally combine and bleed off lime elements which cannot dissvolve.

Bottom line to me - and its only an opinion - is that FoxFarm is safe and natural. It will not meet the most stringent ogranic requirements - but its natural and not a frankenstein mix of petro chemicals which do not normally occur in the environment.

And no - the products will not harm microbes. Many people add micro mixes to their ferts, ranging from molasses to micro-concentrates.

Its only an opinion but I trust FoxFarm and do not regard their ferts as being 'chemical' only because they buffer some naturally occuring elements in some of their products.

If you want 100% organic flower boosting then try molasses, bat guano and worm castings. Molasses will be available in minutes, fossilized bat guano (high phos) needs to break down a bit, and worm castings are available faster than bat guano but slower then molasses. If I had to choose between only one of those I'd pick worm castings; Mother Nature's killer source for calcium, nitrogen and trace elements.

Sorry to be so wordy...

Latest posts

Back