Careful not to cook your roots!!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

POTpoor

Reaction score
With the extreme tempertures being seen in Puget Sound, Direct sunlight on your containers could kill your plants, I've been putting my pots inside larger pots or cardboard boxes, or lean strips of plywood on the sunnyside, anything to keep direct sunlight off the pot with the dirt. I took these pics this morning, anyway we only average 2 days a year over 90 degrees, we're into a 5 day spell of 80s, setting records. Also I make sure my waters TEPID, I dont shock them with a cold bath.

View attachment P1020359.JPG

View attachment P1020356.JPG

View attachment P1020358.JPG

View attachment P1020357.JPG

Bury ur buckets its what i do helps on watering to plus they dont stand out as much in the ground

Bury ur buckets its what i do helps on watering to plus they dont stand out as much in the ground
I trigger the flowering by moving the pots indoors when they get bigger, Sometimes I need a big dolly.

Oh ok didnt know that but for ones u leave outside its a good idea
I envision thousands of people container growing in the little fenced cement patios attached to highrise apartments, I gotta wonder if the bug problems would be better, My yaed is a virtual jungle of flowering plants,everything outside seems to get mites, very seldom have a freeze long enough to kill pests like mites, misquitos etc.

Latest posts

Back