Frozen

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ziggyross

ziggyross
Reaction score
Okay need some advice. I had a beautiful girl 2 weeks into bud. The wife was complaining about the electric bill so I turned my heater way down in the shed. The next morning most of the leaves were curled and dead. Turned down the heat a little to much. I decided to put her back in veg.

Is this the right thing to do? Do I need to trim all the old bud sites?

Thanks

:angrywife: jeeez! show her what you got for cheaping out on the plants... if you absolutely need to reveg, just give it strong light 24/7 and good balanced feeding and livable temps for God's sake...

zem, Thanks that what I am doing. Can't really blame her the electric bill was over $500 2 months straight.

Yeah, you really have to take a look at what you are using with an honest eye. I have had the very same issue recently with my wife asking why our electricity bill is so high. I went through and figured up just how many kilowatt hours I was using. While what my grow was using was substantial, it was not the only reason for the increase.

Very often it is surprising how little electricity a grow is actually using in comparison to what we use in our homes. If your electric company is charging 11 cents per kilowatt hour, and you are using 2000 watts per hour in a 24hr period, then you are using 48 kilowatt hours, times $.11 is $5.28 a day. That is $158.40 for a 30 day month.

Now if you have 2 1000w lights for flowering, they are only running for 12hrs in a 24hr day so that is half as much as it seems. When you add in fans and pumps(if in hydro), heaters and veg lighting, you can still easily come in under 3000w per hour averaged out in a 24hr period. And that would be a pretty big grow that would easily yield 2-3lbs of quality bud that would allow for some to be sold to friends to make up for the cost and still have more than enough for personal needs.

HG, our average electric bill in the winter is around 275.00 Granted this was a very cld winter for this part of the country. The heater is 1500 watts plus veg lights fans 1000 watt flower etc. I haved moved the heater inside the tent. I was trying to keep the whole shed nice and warm.

Hushpuppy, I wish my yields were that big. I'm still getting indoor growing down. I'm lucky to get an oz or 2 off each plant. This round is a scrog so I hope my yield is much better.

Latest posts

Back