Air extraction dillema

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cjf2612

Tree man
Reaction score
My grow box is 2 ft x 4.5 ft x 5 ft.
I have a new 400 hps light, osscilating fan rigged up.
Just need to fit an air extraction system but Im a bit unsure of what to go for.
Looked at a 125mm RVK fan/filter kit on ebay which pulls 160m3/hr.
Will this be enough to keep my temps down and the air flowing to an adequet level.

That should do the trick , but if the room temperature which the unit is in is the same it wont..:mad: eg grow room temp 25'c outside room temp 15'c or lower
make sure you are pulling colder air ,,eg duct the air flow from a open window etc..

cjf2612 said:
My grow box is 2 ft x 4.5 ft x 5 ft.
I have a new 400 hps light, osscilating fan rigged up.
Just need to fit an air extraction system but Im a bit unsure of what to go for.
Looked at a 125mm RVK fan/filter kit on ebay which pulls 160m3/hr.
Will this be enough to keep my temps down and the air flowing to an adequet level.

Your room contains 1.2 cubic meters. Your fan pulls 160 cubic meters.

The air in your room will cycle through the cleaner 133 times each hour or 2.2 times each minute.

That should keep the room perfectly clean.

Ok, cool, cheers
My air intake is via a 4in cfm down the bottom of the box. How would a couple of these at the top as extraction hold up?

cjf2612 said:
Ok, cool, cheers
My air intake is via a 4in cfm down the bottom of the box. How would a couple of these at the top as extraction hold up?
Make sure you don't bog down your forced air out. Have an equal amount of intakes. Your fan will live longer.

Hey stoney whats the math u used to calculate the air moving?:rolleyes:

Firepower said:
Hey stoney whats the math u used to calculate the air moving?:rolleyes:
Cubic feet. He said how many his fan moved. He also gave enough information to figure out the cubic feet of his room.

Thanks Stoney Man
Im being drawn towards using exactly the same type of fan as ext that im using for intake. 160m3/h in and 160m3/hr out. Pluss all the internal air movement from the ossicilating fan. Again, not sure about the heat issue

Latest posts

Back