cool tube with fan

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ross

Reaction score
I am thinking about using a cool tube with a 65 CFM 4" duct boosting fan to house a 600W HPS, but the cool tube is only about 1/3 of a cubic foot, so the air in the tube will be "renewed" almost 200 times per minute, this seems excessive. Will almost all the heat off the light be removed, or does the light penetrating the cool tube still cause significant heat?

I am thinking about having that duct boosting fan for the cool tube venting exhaust, an exhaust fan for the grow room, and an oscillating fan inside. 3 seems like a lot, but i cant think of any other ideas that would be ample. does anybody else have some better ideas? the room will be about 3.5x3.5x6.

A cooler bulb will last longer.
More fans are better. You want the best air flow you can get.
Sounds like your on the right track

i have 2 blowers going.one connected to the can filter,then the refelctor and out the top.the other i have outside my tent drawing air form outside,via a dryer vent.works for me

andy, do you have a fan blowing air around inside?

had 6 fans going at one stage in last grow!most (90%) of your heat will b taken out which is good good good!

Latest posts

Back