Rapid purple leaf tips!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

saycheese

Reaction score
This morning i woke up to find that leaf tips as high as the main cola on one of my plants have turned purple/red in color

the affected leaves were pale lime green all over last night but i did notice quite bad purple stem yesterday

my temps are :
day 27-30^C
night 18^C at the lowest

ive read about purpling due to lower night temps but ive had the same temps since before i started flowering .

is it possible that its the cold, and the purpling dosent show til halfway thru flowering?

i do have bad night time humidity 80% guna get another timer an get my fan on at night in bursts. got a baby dehumidifier in there too. it half fills overnight but the humidity still 80%. need to mount it somehow at bud height

i dont think its a phosphorous problem i fed with boost and bloom yesterday mornin

ideas anyone?

More than likely its a temperature induced colour.

The lime green leaves shouldnt be happening.

Its picture time ;)

i know im gona try get a digital camera. cant really afford one.

the leaves have been lime green for a bit. i fed some nitrogen last two feeds i think they might have been yellow if i hadnt.

i dont want to overdo the nitrogen at week5 in flower so lime green seemed good as opposed to dark green.

lime green fan leaves top, yellow at bottom, all new leaf growth top to bottom is a nice healthy green.

i think the lime ones are guna get shed soon

ill get a cam and take some flicks

saycheese said:
the leaves have been lime green for a bit. i fed some nitrogen last two feeds i think they might have been yellow if i hadnt.

i dont want to overdo the nitrogen at week5 in flower so lime green seemed good as opposed to dark green.

lime green fan leaves top, yellow at bottom, all new leaf growth top to bottom is a nice healthy green.

i think the lime ones are guna get shed soon

ill get a cam and take some flicks
some pics would help ;) sounds like it may be a Magnesium deficiency it will exhibit a yellowing (which may turn brown) and interveinal chlorosis beginning in the older leaves. the stems will also turn red or purp.
more than likely it may be that the temps have gotten cooler or its the strain. your 5 weeks into 12/12 so the yellowing may be caused by lack of nutes. witch isnt bad considring you will start flushing soon. i got 25 plants in flower all being feed the same nutes and all my stems are a healthy green but my AK-47 x Bubbleberry have red stems and the undernieth of the leaves are purpleing. im not sure if its the strain or that its taken up mag faster then the rest. but by the time you harvest most of the leaves should be yellow that will let you know that the plant is flushed. a properly flushed plant will keep its complex flavours and scents if dried rite
get some pics up and we will have much better suggestions as to what the prob is:cool:

thanks pothead420 that helps

i need epsom salts if i find its a magnesium def.
my water is hard maybe thats affecting.

will my buds get bigger after i start to flush?

ive seen a mates grow same strain 600w no reflective just **** walls
and his buds are literally TWICE as thick at week 9
even the shorter plants that are further away
mine are at the end of week 5

ive got a 400w digital and an ecolite bloom 125w hanging without reflector between which is equal lumens as my mate altogether i think (60500 and a bit more cos the ballast has a 'super lumen' switch).

im worried

the buds still have thick white pistils a couple are turning brown like 5% of them or less. the seed pods (calyx?) are only just really showing themselves and swelling into a 'bud' shape.

through week3 they still looked white and hairy and airy.and small.
like real women, they look nothing like the photos in the mags i read!

Latest posts

Back