question for you od growers, please

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
R

Rosebud

For fun yesterday I checked trichomes on my outdoor girls. They are solid milky. They do not have the size they need to have... My satori's i usually take at milky, I don' t want them to go amber... So what is a girl to do?

My nurse larry is solid cloudy too, but that is fine, she needs to go amber. Here are some pic's. What would you do about the satori?

I guess my question is, will they slowly mature after cloudy or are they going to rush to amber like they do inside? Thank you.

View attachment DSCF3301.jpg

View attachment DSCF3302.jpg

View attachment DSCF3303.jpg

you sure they were milky already rose?
could the OD light change the look on your scope maybe? cause it looks like it should have a bit to go yet.

i don't find they really rush to amber inside either, myself. :confused2: (but i've not grown satori, maybe a trait with it?)

plants look great BTW (i'm following, i just hate posting that all the time ;) )

Rosebud ,my Easy Sativa's I grew last year took a long time to get any amber, I don't think they had many when I cut them down.

I think that it is actually the opposite, generally speaking. As the weather gets worse, less than ideal, they'll progress slower. I'm with Kaotik on your lighting and your scope. The harvest jitters and wanting to pull combined with shadowed light and a dull battery in my scope. I've pulled at 20% amber to discover it wasn't even all milky yet. My suggestion would be pull a small piece of a bud or sugar leaf. Take it inside under good light and a flat surface, and re evaluate.
The last few weeks is when they'll noticeably fill out more. And from the pics I think you should wait a bit. :48:

Looking great though! Just think they still need some time

i don't grow outdoors but they don't look done regardless of trichome color. You could probably go another couple weeks and still not get much Amber if any. jmo

PS Your girls look great.

Thank you all, oh no, i won't pull anything at this point I just checked for fun and was pretty shocked they were all milky. It makes sense that as the weather gets worse it will slow down. No way have i gone this long to take them now... I am figuring the end of Oct. But i will keep an eye on those satori girls.... they just can't go amber for a long time.

Thank you all. I appreciate each of you.

I have a very Sativa Dom in an outside gorilla grow right now. My buds are looking almost identical. I'm guessing the middle of Oct. My plant will have been in flower 10 weeks on Oct 18th. & that is usually when I take them. My particular strain will be cloudy for about a 4 to 6 weeks before they begin to go amber and at 10 weeks they usually show about 5% maybe 10% amber.

I see cloudys with clear new heads developing every day on mine u got a ways to go trichs are tricky on certain strains especially sativa strains

Hey Rose, I'm with Hamster, them's young buds,nice looking plants,,we had a great summer in western Wash. I don't use a scope anymore,when the buds are ripe, there ripe. Ya know,, I took my scope to the Cannibus Farmers Market in Seattle,a nice lighted 60x,, never really found a amber tricome, I thought it kinda strange!!,, anyway,, I've got about 20 good dispensarys within a half hour drive of the house, what fun,been puffin this BlackBetty, killer taste, like candy lol anyway, right now I'm all about producing seed,, outdoors,, I just hated all the life I was missing being chained to that back-room,, as much as I love growing,, I love fishing more, and camping,, all my life I've called my smoke fisherman's helper and except for my first arrest for growing, all my drug busts were by game wardens, anyway, this time of year i usually go to Mattawa, DesertAire and fish the columbia for chinook, and big sturgeon.

Thanks Skag. So you are over in my neck of the woods in Eastern Wa... we should burn one or two.. How was the farmers market is Seattle? I need to go there too. No amber... interesting. People are in a hurry I guess, i am not... I have plenty to smoke, just don't want my satori messing up and going amber.

Thanks for the note, good to hear from all ya all.

Any O-D I've ever done, I wait until pistols start dying off.

Once more are dying than are being made...i chop.

That's the way I've always done it rose.

They look great!

They look great Rose, I think the outdoor light is faking you out tho. I always used a 5500k (bluish spectrum)flashlight to illuminate the bud, then check trichs with the scope.

Latest posts

Back