nutrient burn?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
is it just top leaves doing that or is it the whole plant?.......... kinda looks like light burn

Yea its just a few tops....I moved the light up....I have a 400w hps how far away should it be?

Yea its just a few tops....I moved the light up....I have a 400w hps how far away should it be?

I'd get as close as I could......... make sure it is not to warm for the back of your hand.......... put a fan to keep moving the air at the top of the plants......... are you cooling the light?

No...there is not a direct exhaust fan on the light but there is air flow in the room...also its never exceeded 75 in the room.

What are the temperatures at the canopy? Do you have an exhaust system set up? You need to be actually exchanging your air--out with the old and in with the new. Plants need a continual supply of fresh air for proper photosynthesis. How much Tiger Bloom did you use per gal on water? Did you check the pH?

Ditto, I run a 400 watt and its never closer than 18-24 inches and I run a fan the blows right under the light to blow heat away, well its big enough to blow both the canopy and under the light, and my room never gets above 72 F. How close were your lights ?

I have a 400 MH (which run hotter than HPS) and the plants are almost growing into the glass, without any burn issues. I do have an air-cooled hood, but I think you should be able to get them a lot closer than 24"--the light loss over that distance is significant.

I have a 400 MH (which run hotter than HPS) and the plants are almost growing into the glass, without any burn issues. I do have an air-cooled hood, but I think you should be able to get them a lot closer than 24"--the light loss over that distance is significant.

AGREED, i space it at 12" and let them grow closer then space it a bit higher to deal with the stretch and i don't have aircooled hood just a powerful exhaust

Latest posts

Back