RE: (Medical) White Widow Breeding Grow Journal

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Strawberry Cough

Reaction score
This journal is mainly for me so I don't lose the info over the next few months, as I would like to create seeds in order to preserve these WW genetics. If others enjoy, even better. Pictures may be coming later.

Currently 9 plants.

Clone #1 - from plant 16 / September, as of 26/10 is largest of group. On MOTHER PLANT on 4th node is triple junction that at first appeared to me a quadruple (turned out a deformed leaf that looked like two leaves at first).

Cutting taken from 4th (triple) node, transplanted 11 / October / 2009. As of 26 October, still very (original) green, zero yellowing, but some (very few) edges of leaves drying. Stem at top (where I think I see new growth starting to form and move) is now showing some purple streaks downward.

Seeds of the plants are 2nd generation, produced by me this last winter, produced by breeding from the seeds originally received. Plants from seeds from original WW (can't be sure since the seeds were requested to be removed from original breeder's pack for more secure delivery). Mother was big and tall (relative to othe other plants) and normal genetics. Father was also big and tall relatively, and had the triple node phenomenon (see below) which has shown itself as a characteristic in approx. 25% of the seeds germinated so far. One plant even went on to produce quadruple nodes, and was selected as male for breeding, but he hermied on me (with a few FEMALE flowers), and was destroyed.

THE PLANTS FROM SEED:

16 / September - as of 26/10 is largest of group. On 4th node is triple junction that at first appeared to me a quadruple (turned out a deformed leaf that looked like two leaves). POSSIBLE ALPHA MALE ONLY IF THE OTHER TWO TRIPLES ARE NOT MALE. Notable "Sativa" phenotypes early in first few leaves.

18 / September - starting on 4th node is triple junction, 4, 5, 6, 7. On 7th node cut. POSSIBLE ALPHA-MALE. Notable "Sativa" phenotypes early in first few leaves.

1 and 2 / October - two plants in same pot as the above 2. Normal genetics so far.

10 / September - on 6th node is triple junction. Then the "7th" node was a 1-2-3 triple node that separated to 3 single levels. Then on "8th" node true triple, and then topped. So 6th node, then 7-8-9, then a 10th node (i.e. 8th). This was one of 4 plants in one pot that began to yellow early. Nutes fixed the problem, and the best specimen of the 4 was kept in the pot. On 2nd, 3rd, 4th, and 5th nodes all leaves are 3-bladed. POSSIBLE ALPHA-MALE.

8 or 10 / September - on early node (3rd or 4th - lost track) weird genetics, deformed leaves. So I topped for the experiment. NOT TO BE USED FOR BREEDING IF MALE.

8 or 10 / September - 4th node had no fan leaves (bad genetics), but now small branches are starting. Other than that, normal genetics. NOT TO BE USED FOR BREEDING IF MALE.

All females will be kept regardless of genetics, and any seeds produced will be eaten to destroy the bad genetics, but the plant will be smoked. Only the best genetics may survive this breeding season.

Yes, well maybe they will come in due time. Patience, grasshopper.

Looks like the clone has for sure taken. I see new growth at top, but not yet roots from the holes at bottom.

Another clone taken tonight (29 / October / 2009) from the following specimen:

18 / September - starting on 4th node is triple junction, 4, 5, 6, 7. On 7th node cut. POSSIBLE ALPHA-MALE. Notable "Sativa" phenotypes early in first few leaves.

Clone taken from the 5th node, and because this branch was long, I cut after the first node on the branch to leave that first node to split into two smaller branches.

Previous clone taken 11 / October / 2009 is now in last few days looking for certain that new growth is continuing. So it has taken nearly 3 weeks. Previous clone was long thicker stem and allowed to have long stem above surface of soil. This newest clone was buried deeper with shorter stem above soil. I hope to see which produces a faster cloned plant.

Thank GOD for pre-flowers! So much better than having to clone cuttings and put into flower in order to determine sex.

The following two plants showed female pre-flowers (yay!).

8 or 10 / September - on early node (3rd or 4th - lost track) weird genetics, deformed leaves. So I topped for the experiment. NOT TO BE USED FOR BREEDING IF MALE.

8 or 10 / September - 4th node had no fan leaves (bad genetics), but now small branches are starting. Other than that, normal genetics. NOT TO BE USED FOR BREEDING IF MALE.

ok, the clone that was started on the 11th of October 2009 has grown slowly, very slowly over past many weeks. Yesterday I dropped the little clone-pot and saw white roots at the side! So I found a nice big pot and made a nice mixture of potting soil, worm castings, and date-palm dried-leaf cuttings to create nice natural, rich mixture of life & organic-ex-life.

So that first clone's details (no longer clone cutting, but now live, living, separate child / twin plant) are below. If this clone is female, she lives no matter what as a female from which to continually make clones. If she is male, then he will only survive if there are no other better males to breed. I would like to cross the triple-node gene that I see now in 3 plants out of 8 (total: 10 plants, 8 plants from seed, + 2 clones, 1 of which has for sure taken and succeeded & transplanted today new home in big pot).

Clone #1 - from plant 16 / September, as of 26/10 is largest of group. On MOTHER PLANT on 4th node is triple junction that at first appeared to me a quadruple (turned out a deformed leaf that looked like two leaves at first).

Cutting taken from 4th (triple) node, transplanted 11 / October / 2009. As of 26 October, still very (original) green, zero yellowing, but some (very few) edges of leaves drying. Stem at top (where I think I see new growth starting to form and move) is now showing some purple streaks downward.

Seeds of the plants are 2nd generation, produced by me this last winter, produced by breeding from the seeds originally received. Plants from seeds from original WW (can't be sure since the seeds were requested to be removed from original breeder's pack for more secure delivery). Mother was big and tall (relative to othe other plants) and normal genetics. Father was also big and tall relatively, and had the triple node phenomenon (see below) which has shown itself as a characteristic in approx. 25% of the seeds germinated so far. One plant even went on to produce quadruple nodes, and was selected as male for breeding, but he hermied on me (with a few FEMALE flowers), and was destroyed.

THE PLANTS FROM SEED:

16 / September - as of 26/10 is largest of group. On 4th node is triple junction that at first appeared to me a quadruple (turned out a deformed leaf that looked like two leaves). POSSIBLE ALPHA MALE ONLY IF THE OTHER TWO TRIPLES ARE NOT MALE. Notable "Sativa" phenotypes early in first few leaves.

So Today I put the 8 plants (seed bank genetics we are working with) from seed into first period of 12-hour darkness; starting the flowering period today/now. The clones are staying out of the closet during the day and are outdoors in sunshine or indoors in window sill in my half-greenhouse I have.

FYI UPDATE: I didn't catalog the last of the 8 plants, the one born approx. no later than 05 or 06 of October 2009. This one also has triple-node genetics (to be detailed later in an edit or reply after lights come on).

First day of 12/12 darkness/light was 12 / Thursday / 2009 during the day from 7 a.m. to 7 p.m. Today, 21 / Saturday / 2009 makes the 10th day.

A few days ago the girls who showed what I thought to be female preflowers confirmed I was right: all three of the following are definitely FEMALE with clear white pistils popping out:

10 / September - on 6th node is triple junction. Then the "7th" node was a 1-2-3 triple node that separated to 3 single levels. Then on "8th" node true triple, and then topped. So 6th node, then 7-8-9, then a 10th node (i.e. 8th). This was one of 4 plants in one pot that began to yellow early. Nutes fixed the problem, and the best specimen of the 4 was kept in the pot. On 2nd, 3rd, 4th, and 5th nodes all leaves are 3-bladed. POSSIBLE ALPHA-MALE.

The following are not yet revealing if they will be male or female. They are approx. at least 1 month younger than the 3 females above, and they had not shown preflowers at the time the light cycle was switched.

16 / September - as of 26/10 is largest of group. On 4th node is triple junction that at first appeared to me a quadruple (turned out a deformed leaf that looked like two leaves). POSSIBLE ALPHA MALE ONLY IF THE OTHER TWO TRIPLES ARE NOT MALE. Notable "Sativa" phenotypes early in first few leaves. (This is parent / twin of first clone). I am not sure 100%, but I think I see balls starting to form on a few nodes; hope to be know in a few days.

18 / September - starting on 4th node is triple junction, 4, 5, 6, 7. On 7th node cut. POSSIBLE ALPHA-MALE. Notable "Sativa" phenotypes early in first few leaves. (This is parent / twin of second clone). I am not sure 100%, but I think I see balls starting to form on a few nodes; hope to be know in a few days. IF THIS ONE IS MALE, THEN THIS IS THE ALPHA MALE because of the triple-node characteristics & Sativa phenotypes noticed in first few days of life. EDIT: 01 / DEC / 2009 - this turned out to be MALE ALPHA MALE FATHER PLANT now being used to breed + 2 clones of him, one currently in pot as living, thriving separate plant, and one as a new clone taken recently).

1 and 2 / October - two plants in same pot as the above 2. Normal genetics so far.

The last of the 8 plants, the one born approx. no later than 05 or 06 of October 2009. This one also has triple-node genetics (to be detailed later in an edit or reply after lights come on).

MALE from seed (+ clone was allowed to live for breeding purposes next season):

16 / September - as of 26/10 is largest of group. On 4th node is triple junction that at first appeared to me a quadruple (turned out a deformed leaf that looked like two leaves). POSSIBLE ALPHA MALE ONLY IF THE OTHER TWO TRIPLES ARE NOT MALE. Notable "Sativa" phenotypes early in first few leaves. (This is parent / twin of first clone). I am not sure 100%, but I think I see balls starting to form on a few nodes; hope to be know in a few days.

ALSO MALE (now dead - cannot let him compete with my Alpha Male. His clone is also now dead):

18 / September - starting on 4th node is triple junction, 4, 5, 6, 7. On 7th node cut. POSSIBLE ALPHA-MALE. Notable "Sativa" phenotypes early in first few leaves. (This is parent / twin of second clone). I am not sure 100%, but I think I see balls starting to form on a few nodes; hope to be know in a few days. IF THIS ONE IS MALE, THEN THIS IS THE ALPHA MALE because of the triple-node characteristics & Sativa phenotypes noticed in first few days of life.

2 new clones were taken to replace the dead male from seed + his clone with 2 cuttings from the following (i.e. my largest female with triple nodes):

10 / September - on 6th node is triple junction. Then the "7th" node was a 1-2-3 triple node that separated to 3 single levels. Then on "8th" node true triple, and then topped. So 6th node, then 7-8-9, then a 10th node (i.e. 8th). This was one of 4 plants in one pot that began to yellow early. Nutes fixed the problem, and the best specimen of the 4 was kept in the pot. On 2nd, 3rd, 4th, and 5th nodes all leaves are 3-bladed.

Total plants: 10
Total Females known so far: 3 from seed, + 2 cloned tonight (I hope she survives) = 5
Total Males known so far: 1 from seed + his clone/twin = 2
Total Unknown Sex: 3

ok,

the night before yesterday the final two plants (among the youngest ones) showed they were male. Now they are gone.

Last night, in their place, I made two more clones: one of the female, one of the male.

Now total plants:

5 clones - 2 male, 3 female - I wish to experiment, now I can flower both males together with a female and know they are the same male genetics even though they came from separate plants for the pollen.

5 from seed - 1 male, 4 females.

Today is 2+ weeks (i.e. 2 weeks as of Thursday) of 12 / 12 time.

I noticed that the plants that were grown to be "sexually mature" of 1.5 - 2.0 months with no rush showed their sex either with preflowers (3 females only) or within 7 days of 12 / 12. The less mature plants took up to 14 days. HOWEVER, with this same WW variety previous generation it took 3 weeks (perhaps because I tried to force flowering with darkness time and did not allow to grow to complete sexual maturity??).

A couple of days ago I noticed white pistils forming on my two older female clones (now a few weeks old approx.) I didn't yet see roots, but I figured seeing pistils might be good alternate for judging if roots have taken.

So yesterday I dug out the root ball, but saw the green bottom of its stem looking hollow as if a tube and almost see-through, yet top part still in SOIL-ball. So I moved it to larger pot and hope for the best...we'll see. Maybe this is last stage before roots; it is still green at top with some yellowing leaves only now after many weeks. If not, and if I killed her, then it was a good learning experience.

I left the other female of the same age/day (lost track, here on journal somewhere) in her cloning pot, and will wait to see roots with her despite also seeing pistils.

The other two newer clones (one male & one female, only a few days old) I see today now the female is showing her pistils - I wonder if the MJ plant can sense the time-of-year and feels the cold breeze with the nice sunshine and goes into flower despite receiving 18-24 hours of light per day??

I LOVE GROWING MARIJUANA. And for me, I am licensed by the state to grow for personal medical use only. How serene it is to grow knowing that it is perfectly legal, and even if cops did come to my door, I just show them my license, they count the plants, and then they leave me with my plants to continue to grow legally. They can't confiscate anything because it is all 100% legal!

HOW SURREAL IS THAT!! YET IT IS MY LIFE!

The transplanted clone is still alive, not yet thriving with new growth, but it is colder now approaching shortest day of year, and despite 24 hours of light, my clones (especially females) are showing preflowers/sex.

Since I am legal grower now, I am considering making a legal purchase for two packages of 10 regular seeds. I am now looking through and doing my research and reading on genetics and experiences.

Jack Herer looks so good, but to mastered only by masters so I have heard/read.

I love growing marijuana. 1 male & 4 female flowering for seeds. 2 male clones & 3 female clones for later experiments. I am hoping to start the first 10 of the 20 purchased later this winter or early spring February.

keep up the good typeing...pics would be geat ..But I know ya said you doing this for you..so enjoy yourself my friend..take care and be safe...and good luck with the breeding WW

Thanks for visiting. Yes, it is for me. But I would like to get up pictures maybe at or towards the end.

Anyhoo...

Tomorrow during the day will be 4 weeks to the day since flowering period changed to 12 / 12.

Within 2 weeks the mature plants were showing sex.

And now 2 weeks later, the buds look like they stopped growing in the 3rd week, and 4th week a little bit.

Up until tonight the plants have been surprisingly non sticky, non smelly, and no thc trichs.

Tonight I begin to see trichs really starting to form on the top bud heads. I hope they fatten up these next 4-6 weeks.

Last night i sampled 4 small buds and regret it - felt nothing, again: much to my surprise...nothing. Can this really be WW I received?

Anybody else grow DP WW? Did you only notice trichs really start on the 4th week?

Yesterday I figured 2 weeks of pollen-dropping was enough, and already I placed personally pollen on several of the buds, so I axed him.

Then I took a clone of the best-smelling female (smaller than the alpha female being used for breeding) last night.

My other clones are not yet showing roots after many weeks, but look green at top and appear to be growing very slowly - interesting how incredibly long it takes to grow clones in cold winter.

The clone that was transplanted to the larger black pot is still alive, so I think she has taken. I am just waiting to see roots appear at the bottom of the other clone of the exact same age - she is still in her clone pot nearly a month after cloning.

Now I have:

8 females - 4 in flower chamber, 3 female clones of the alpha-female (no smell), and 1 clone of the nicest smelling girl.

2 males - both clones.

Tonight I killed the male clone, and replaced him with a new female clone of my "smelly" girl.

Ok, this coming Thursday, in approx. 2 days will be 8 weeks 12 / 12.

Even the sexually mature plants at time of 12 / 12 switch are not ready.

I would estimate at least another 2-3 weeks minimum with maybe a harvest of the tops after 2 weeks and leave the bottoms for a 2nd harvest later on.

I would therefore say that the time on breeder's pack is not accurate.

Don't rush your buds.

I am also disappointed at the lack of whiteness. I read WW is covered in trichs to the point making the whole bud white because you can't see the actual green bud below the white.

So, if this is WW, then I am disappointed - so we'll see.

hope she whitens up for ya! very cool detailed gj.

Latest posts

Back