nervous parent, few yellow spots

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Balzo905

North
Reaction score
Hey guys,

new to the forums, just hoping you have a minute to take a look and see what my babe has here.. Shes(hoping its a she) about 2 and a half weeks old been really thriving compared to her 9 siblings that didn't even make it out of bed, if ya know what i mean. Anyway, I look at her this evening and notice, almost symmetrical, small patches of yellow spots on only 2 of her bottom leaves. If your looking at it from a birdseye view, and the plant leaves point like a compass, then only the north and south leaves are showing these small patches. Like i said i'm a nervous parent, but enough rambling on with post-smoke, plant-gawking discoveries, here's the plant.

View attachment IMG_20141201_200723621_HDR.jpg

View attachment IMG_20141201_200733937_HDR.jpg

It could be nothing, it could be insects or water that got burned on the leaf,,,,Look on the back of that leaf for frass, bug ****, tiny black spots, or white moving TINY larva. Use an eye piece so you can magnify, you will need one later for checking the trichomes anyway. I use a 30x or 60x power but i am old. If that is the only leaf and the other lower leaves look ok then just keep a watch. A picture of the whole plant might be better. Mojo for the grow.

Edit.... i jjust looked again at your pic's on your other post. I think you do have some insects in there. You need to look and identify or we can help.

Scowered the plant and soil with my lens but didn't see any movement :/ drying everything out for further precautions..

C+Gv

What do you mean that you are drying everything out for further precautions?

If you do not have insects, then it is some other kind of problem. What exactly are you feeding it and how much? Are you checking the pH?

Thought I'd dry out the cell in case there's anything living in the soil.. PH is 6.8 plant is maybe four weeks old have not fed it anything.. Transplanting today.

C+Gv

Last edited:
I don't see anything that would make me nervous at this point. Those lower leaves will often get beat up and splashed with water and chemicals. As they are the bottom of the plant, they will get used up and die soon enough as the plant grows. As long as the problem doesn't climb the plant to the next sets of leaves, I wouldn't worry, just watch. :)

Cheers bud
ya the plant transplanted well and is looking good :)

Latest posts

Back