Taco leaves?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tha_eliminator34

Reaction score
this is the second time this has happened i got a week old plant under 2 20w cfls and the leaves are turning up like a taco what is this from?

pics would help in tryin to figure out what it is

it could be the heat... try and get some pics up here

cant get no pics they wouldnt be a big help any way jus think of mini tacos thats exactly wat it looks like lol, but im prettty sure its the heat cuz under those lights is very hot...what do i do about that?

i just made a thread about the same thing, what are your temps like? i noticed mine when i came home and temps were about 88 degrees, so turned the a/c up and raised the light, temps now at 82 and plants look better, i also watered them cuz the top layer was bone dry, try cooling em down a bit, i also have a fan going as well. they look better and continue to grow. Hope this helps.

foliar feed, move the plants furter away from the lights, try ventilation... anything that can get the temps down.

sounds like light burn to me raise the lamps, plug in a fan

I think slowmo is on to something ther.....mine all look like mini tacos when first developing...lol..not sure but like the above said pics speak a lot

Good Luck and KEEP M GREEN

Well I went thru that on my bubbing plants I fell it was to much heat and or to close to light.I had to double the distance from my light and it helped,they havent healed and prolly wont but they did unfold somewhat and new growth is ok,strange was that their was only 1 plant bothered by it the others didnt seem to mind ..... BUT MOVING the light farther away helped me out.Hope it helps you as well.

Peace,Love and Overgrow ;)
:watchplant:

ozman

well I guess next time I will check the date out b4 I reply :hubba:

taco that early?!?!?!?! sure your not feeding them too much? shouldn't have to feed em for at least 2 weeks. and even then 1/4 strngth.

Same thing happened to me....just back off the lights a few inches

proper venting.. proper air circulation.. cfls/flours. keep plants under the light as 2 to 3 inch away.. maybe 4 to 5 inch not gonna hurt.. but if its HPS.. keep it 12 inch to 18 inch from the light..
proper nutes.. maybe your plants is young to have some nutes.. btw.. you did not flush your soils did ya.. oh well get proper soil and replace..
hope that help.. show the pic might get you proper answers.. IMO do all this.. might save your plants lives..

You are what you eat, are you feeding her tacos? No.... LOL! Jk, but yea. As everyine else answered, you should be fine. Maybe heat, but if not it could just be the new growth.

KAMSAI said:
sounds like light burn to me raise the lamps, plug in a fan

If this is a young plant I wouldn't worry too much. My sativas do this, esecially if I have the lamps too close. But this thread is useless without pics...

That's what this smiley is for lol:
:postpicsworthless:

But yea, I've noticed that with sativas too. It happens with some indicas as well. I think it has to do with water diplacement in the leaves.

Yeah, I'm pretty sure it's just due to having the lights a bit too close, or high temps. I have a youngin' and it gets the start of what you call "Taco Leaves" I just move the light back and bit and watch the temp.

Latest posts

Back