Meds DWC journal

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
M

meds4me

Over to the darkside i have come. DWC is the new game.
I've started this journal to show others all my mistakes as i gain knowledge in this medium. Thus far the following has occurred:
*Coco coir as medium
2- 212 gal pumps ( each 4 port)
400 watt MH
3'x4' veg area
GH 3part nutes
LOTS of stupidity to be had~

Pics tonite to show current set up and using test strips for ph
No way to gauge nutes at this point with out a proper meter < basically using 1/4 strength for a starting point >.

Stock is currently trying to be saved from a pest infestation. Washed and now in buckets.
Pineapple express fem
Bubba kush
Moby ****
Thai ss
Bagseed sativa from od grow

As soon as i fiqure out how to link this to my profile...

Thaught was DWC? whats with coco? Im a pull up right here :watchplant:

:48:

The coco coir is what I'm using for medium in the stnd. 4" round pots ( I havent bought net pots yet ) Ive got 'em about 1-2" above the rez now on all 8 buckets.

Nice...Mojo for the Grow.:lama:.just subscribed:bong:

Now go get those pics:p

I"ve not seen the hydroton locally so this was my choice.
Choice's here for products are by far very low to none.
Being the cripple i am, getting out of town to go shoppin is just not done at this time. And Shipping over the net...No Thanks waaaay too spendy for me.

Thanks Bro ~ gonna need some mojo here for awhile , till i learn the ropes.

The only two hurdles left are : meter ( may have found one off the net : Oakton ph2 tester) anyone ? and gettings seeds to stock.
I plan on making a small bubble cloner. But with soil issues locally gonna have to use the OLD oven and baked some outdoor stuff i guess. ( I have a 220 outlet od for this and the welder ~)

:bong2: :bong2: :bong2: :bong2: :bong2: :bong2: Thanks Bro ~ Got my back again ! Here take a couple of these blue thunder's. Told ya i was backazzwards

:rofl: no worries my friend thats what we are all here for....took another member to show me as well:D//I have made several bubble cloners from a single one up to a 48 site cloner all to great success....Ill tell ya as ya Know with DWC the pumps are where its at...and Get small containers...where the stem cutt sits right above the stone...I clone mostly this way as it works best 4me...Ill be fallowing of coarse ..and thanks for the :bong: take care and be safe

Thanks for the tip bro ! got another pump today ( makes 3 so far) just for cloning. Found a nice tuperware "cake" tub n lid i'm going to use for cloning. Having trouble finding good stones though. Seems all the pet stores thus far are sold out ?? using the basic tube stones for now. Looking for a massive base style stone with mult. outlets for mass aeration. I wonder if i could, hmmm.....

meds....if you are talking those dispossable stones...they dont work well..IMO...i tried them....go to wall mart if ya have one there...or a fish aquarium(sp) for stones and pumps....I have a new one for my DWC its a 5 inch Round one looks like a plate..and a 100 gallon/minute pump....this baby is gonna get some oxygen:giggle: and the bubble cloner I like the long tube like stones they come in diffrent lengths..and work great...I use small rubbermaid containers..heres a link to my Fall grow ya can see the cloners in here..11 days we have roots and transfer to either soil of DWC..hope this helps...any pics yet?

take care and be safe

http://www.marijuanapassion.com/forum/showthread.php?t=46052

Thanks 4U ! Yep been tp petsmartz/petcuz, etc and all were sold out of the good stones. Wally world is next on the list, just slow gettin around.
Up-graded to Good water and GH 3 part nutes as of yesterday and already picking up some green color ! Yeah !! amazing how fast the change actually.

The pumps i have now are 2- 212 gal pumps ( each w/ 4 ports to 4 buckets) and 100 gal for cloning purp's when i get there.
Peace and have fun today ~

hey, hey meds.:) ... good to see another member come over to dwc. you won't be disappointed meds...

i don't understand the coco as medium? will it support a 3 footer? my KULT is 2 foot, with stalk big as a bic lighter. pics in multi strain grow in sig.;) ...

when do we get to see pics of your new set-up? you know me, i love pics.:hubba: .lol. lol...

here for you meds. i got a few dwc grows down. and i got her mastered.;) :cool: ...Irish...

Thanks Irish ! Pics are comin rather slow due to gettin my ol skool camera back in action. Tired of crappy cell pics !
As far as coco supporting a 3' i cant see why not ....as far as using the coco its what i have till i can acquire some hydroton.
I'm going for 4 plus footers since i have the room.8 per veg / 8 in flower.

Yeah the cocco IMO..will do for now..maybe look at those little glass balls they use for plants maybe put 1 or 2 inches on top of cocco...this will help support till ya get hydroton...but need to find some..have ya looked craigslist? sure wish I was closer to ya...i hace a 20lb bag..lol...and only run 1 5 gal bucket..lol..now gte that old skool cam back..Fast!!!!

Take care be safe:48:

okay still looking for my media reader so here some crappy cell pics of my room and sick girls ~
The room i built under the new stairs. 6" fresh air in 10" out rehab area by the book case with a chair.

110509_0904[00].jpg

110509_0904[01].jpg

110509_0905[00].jpg

General Hydro 3 part nutes as of yesterday at 1/3 strength. awaiting my meter now so now clue as ph or ec's.

Okay today i changed out the water and nutes. Airerated for 24 hrs prior to change. Nutes now at 2/3 strength . Roots are all white but still alot of yellow in the leaves. Topped everyone in an attempt to force more leaves as they are not very bushy at all...
Still spraying "Neem oil" for thrips as a pre- caution as my medium for now is all coco coir.

Is there any new growth?..I do not understand using coco does that not change the ph and where are net pots did you get them yet? I am not sure if I have ever followed the labels on the nutes, beware of over nuteing.

Coco coir is what i have ( was using it in hempy style buckets) No net pots either i used my regular pots and cut small holes in the bottom for repotting. The roots are hanging out the bottom. Hydroton isnt sold anywhere near me..and cant afford to buy some right now anyways....
The coco i washed thoughly a couple times....when i cahnged out the water / nutes it was still clear albeit with some fine coco at the bottom.
Some new growth ( top of the plant only) but nothing of any real substance.

Latest posts

Back