MTF lives again!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
THG,

Here is the answer he sent to me just now after I asked him again what he said he was paying.

Hi Don,
For all of last year, I paid $120 per eighth of an ounce, or $960 per ounce. There are 28.3 grams per ounce. And that's for mids, not cured well, trichs only half cloudy, no amber, tastes like chemical laden hay. So basically, schwag tho few seeds. I shudder to think what I would be quoted for top notch buds, well cured and tasty. So, gramwise, I think $960 an ounce comes out to about$33 a gram and some change, right? That is the going rate here for street schwag in the suburbs.

Now does my statement sound a little more reasonable?

Not trying to be argumentative or belittling. I had a hard time believing it too. He is growing and sell at that price and can't keep up, but I have no real desire to get involved in interstate trafficking.

Good smoking.

DonJones said:
THG, Yes you read correctly.

just like a farmer who has his farm and equipment paid off can grow corn for less per bushel than a farmer just starting out making payments on every thing. quote]

LOL sorry don... a farmer lol doesnt pay less per bushell because he has his shet paid off .. lol or his equipment.. lol he still pays for break downs/ deisl/ corn at the cost of market lol... not his choise because his farm is paid off.. lol he may beable to sit on his harvest longer but usually they do that to get the big coin.. lol you must be a straight out city slicker lol....
sorry...
LH

LEFTHAND,

No I'm not a city slicker -- I was raised on a farm and worked on farms while I was in the service. All of those additional costs you speak of are just that additional costs in addition to his mortgage and equipment payments. The farmer whose land and equipment aren't paid for has those same costs PLUS his mortgage and equipment payments. I come form a long line of farmers. My grandfather told me from the time I could understand "Son, you don't want to be a farmer. You can do much better." I'm not so sure I agree with him but he made sure that when he and Grandma were gone the farm would be sold so that "No one is going to be saddled with this place and the hardships that go with it. None of you girls can afford to buy the other 2 out and no one can afford to farm today with that large of a debt hanging over your head." was his explanation when he and Grandma explained their will just before he died in 1964. That was his take way back then and HIS property and equipment was owned free and clear!

Don't try to argue finances with someone who has been on both side, borrower and lender.

No one said anything about the farmer paying less per bushel -- I was talking about his cost of production. If you really think that the cost of producing a bushel of corn is just as high without a $150,00/year payment for credit as it is with it then you are beyond arguing with. Just sit down and figure up all of the expenses you are talking about and then add $150,000 to that and tell me the cost to produce the crop stays the same!

Know who you're stereotyping before making foolish statements on a wild guess of what the person's background is and you will come across as a lot more credible and intelligent.

Now if you want to turn this into a discussion of whether or not the farmers are adequately compensated for their investment, their time and the risk they take, that is another matter and you will find that my views on that are farther in favor of the farmers being under compensated than just about anyone you will find. THE FARMERS DESERVE EVERY PENNY THEY GET AND A LOT MORE! But this is a place for discussing my grow -- not finances or politics neither of which have any place on the forums..

DonJones said:
LEFTHAND,

No I'm not a city slicker -- I was raised on a farm and worked on farms while I was in the service. All of those additional costs you speak of are just that additional costs in addition to his mortgage and equipment payments. The farmer whose land and equipment aren't paid for has those same costs PLUS his mortgage and equipment payments. I come form a long line of farmers. My grandfather told me from the time I could understand "Son, you don't want to be a farmer. You can do much better." I'm not so sure I agree with him but he made sure that when he and Grandma were gone the farm would be sold so that "No one is going to be saddled with this place and the hardships that go with it. None of you girls can afford to buy the other 2 out and no one can afford to farm today with that large of a debt hanging over your head." was his explanation when he and Grandma explained their will just before he died in 1964. That was his take way back then and HIS property and equipment was owned free and clear!

Don't try to argue finances with someone who has been on both side, borrower and lender.

No one said anything about the farmer paying less per bushel -- I was talking about his cost of production. If you really think that the cost of producing a bushel of corn is just as high without a $150,00/year payment for credit as it is with it then you are beyond arguing with. Just sit down and figure up all of the expenses you are talking about and then add $150,000 to that and tell me the cost to produce the crop stays the same!

Know who you're stereotyping before making foolish statements on a wild guess of what the person's background is and you will come across as a lot more credible and intelligent.

Now if you want to turn this into a discussion of whether or not the farmers are adequately compensated for their investment, their time and the risk they take, that is another matter and you will find that my views on that are farther in favor of the farmers being under compensated than just about anyone you will find. THE FARMERS DESERVE EVERY PENNY THEY GET AND A LOT MORE! But this is a place for discussing my grow -- not finances or politics neither of which have any place on the forums..

calm the heck down mister.. farmers deserver what they make and not a penny more.. i grew up on a farm as my damn father and blah as well man my dad finally got smart and quit farming.. and went back to the electrical trade.. making more now then ever b4... so how about you calm down smoke one.. i'll laugh a lil bout this cuz i think its halarious.. you couldnt pay me enough to farm lol.. besides the point ..

what i was sayin dude is the have expencese from break downs to deisl to hired help to spray, blah blah.. then what ever the hell there farming is never hte same price .. so if everyting is paid off your still putting all of that out on your azz waiting for a crop to pay150,000 and if it dont then thats all debt.. i know farming man.. then the price per vbushell to sell may be the shets so what you have to sell you aint sellin for crap..

so :p

and farming is one big gamble..
LH

I'm not sure why, but the last 2 plants I switched, a revegged diesel and a clone WW are flowering at twice the rate, or even faster, of everything else I have grown. It could be because they both have been getting FHD hydro nutes in soil or I added a HPS to my flower room just before switching them or maybe even a combination of both.

The first picture is of the accidentally revegged diesel at 1 week 2 days into flower. The second picture is of the WW at 1 week 2 days also. I just realized there is still one mirror in the room that will come down today. I get too focused on the plants to notice little things around the edges.

The MTF are coming on faster with each plant. It looks like they are all going to be small producers but everyone who has tried it says it's killer when dried but not even cured. In fact one friend told me they hadn't even tried it because there were to many people rushing around right now and they wanted to save it until the 2 of them could set down and enjoy it without a lot of chaos and mootching going on. She said when she showed it to her husband all he could say was "Boy that is pretty" over and over again.

If these are in fact the real MTF, no wonder it was so sought after. If it didn't yield any better than these are then it would have been scarce.
Now that I know these produce great quality, I can start concentrating on improving the yield.

Anyway, enjoy the pictures as much as I enjoy taking and sharing them.

Good smoking.

HPIM1359.JPG

HPIM1358.JPG

Nice plants Don and thanks for the info on your side by side grow.

Damn, that's a first for me. We put one oof the little bone dry but not cured buds from the first MTF, or what ever she was because she sure looked different than the other 8, into my son's bong and passed it around. Even though it was seemingly over dried it kept right on burning like a blunt or a good joint without having to be relit all the time. Even though it was dried very well, there was enough resin in it that it was still sticky and I'm thinking that it was the resin that kept it burning so wells.

I wish I could share with all of you but I can't see that happening, especially with the wide geography dispersal and the secrecy needed for some of us and desired by others.

I('m still having a little trouble accepting the quality I got even though I keep getting rave reviews form the people smoking it because I know I've got way more left to learn than I can even imagine. That just goes to prove what several experienced growers keep saying --"It ain't rocket science, just let the genetics do their thing and stay out of the way." If I can stumble my way through to this kind

Good smoking!of quality, then anyone can grow good pot!

Latest posts

Back