hydro or dirt wich is really better

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

daddycrazy

DADDYKRAZY
Reaction score
i started off doing hydro now im wondering if im ready for dirt. hydro just seems so second nature to me now. i know it would cut back on my bill but im not sure if i could do dirt seems like there is lot more to it than hydro as far as giving it the right nutrients im really cramped for space and going to dirt would free up some space. i have read a lot of threads and it seems like everyone prefers dirt i know it's about your pleasure but i was just wondering :D

I feel soil is a lot more forgiving then hydro...results wise i think hydro wld win...

Agreed.

Hydro you need to be on top of the game.

Soil you can make mistakes and still win.

:peace:

No method is better than the other - it's all preference.

Soil for me. I was a big supporter of hydro until I tried soil. Much more forgiving. I thought hydro was faster and soil has been just as fast. I have spent a lot less on water and nutrients. I have probably gone through 1/4 of the nutes I normally would have and the results so far have been fanfreakintastic. I will post results of my grow when it is done later this month.
I am only using hydro for cloning now.

jmansweed said:
No method is better than the other - it's all preference.

:yeahthat:

Different strokes for different folks. Imho nothing beats the flavor of organically soil grown bud but there are many who feel that way about their hydro budz... I did hydro for many years when I had to automate remote grow locations and imo a newb would have an easier time of it growing in soil with all the buffering the soil does for you. After you get your green mojo going I encourage everyone to branch out and try different growing methods if they want to play around... It's ALL good! :aok:

Happy Growing!:cool:

Started in May of this year with bucket hydro and airstones. Switched to dirt after losing 3 harvest in a row to a variety of diseases, bugs and bad luck. Love dirt, easy... no problems. 1/8th the cost on nutes!

i love my hydro would never switch to soil, i like the lightweight no medium clean grow you never have to carry soil in or out its much easier to control and much less pests and i think its is the same cost on the long run

GodofGraphics said:
Started in May of this year with bucket hydro and airstones. Switched to dirt after losing 3 harvest in a row to a variety of diseases, bugs and bad luck. Love dirt, easy... no problems. 1/8th the cost on nutes!

We must be related! I started out trying a custom fogponics system and once I tuned it in I had good luck for about 2/3rds of a grow then disaster. then tried bucket/air stones again not a full grow. Heat is my enemy in this country that has a remarkably similar climate and laws as Southern California. and all the extra hydro stuff created an excess of it. This time I am using soil and have had much better success. I am using just basic roots organics soil and the moderate nute schedule for Humboldt Nutrients Master AB. I am starting week 4 of flower and so far so good. I am still not getting my hopes up but if I can at least cover my use until my next harvest I will be happy.

As for the question if you have your hydro down then give soil a try and see what you think. If you have enough room do a side by side grow and see what you get better yield out of. Good luck and I would like to watch a good side by side with sister clones.

I think it depends how you like it... I think one of the lowest maintainance solution I've seen is the massbucket:

http://www.marijuanapassion.com/forum/showthread.php?t=49875

I've tried both Hydro and Dirt... I must say I do prefer Hydro, I had lost of PH problems with the dirt... The only think annoying about the hydro is the res change and ph testing, but I like the result better... more controlled..

That is just my opinion

Latest posts

Back