Red Stems? Iron?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If your pH is at 6.0 after watering with 6.5 then the pH is too low. You probably don't have a good balance of microbes in the soil which is causing the pH to drop. I would recommend that you put some sweet lime (dolomite lime) in the soil as that will bring up the pH and it will supply cal/mag as it breaks down. It doesn't appear to be deficient in calmag but having it slow release into the soil won't hurt.

Any time you are growing in soil and feeding with organic nutrients, it is imperative to get the microbe herd balanced or you will struggle. I highly recommend using Espoma's Biotone or Plant tone as both of these have huge variety of beneficial microbes and chelated nutrients. But what you need to do when you first set up this kind of grow is mix in some molasses with your water so that the microbes will have carbs to feed on until they get going good. I would even add some Espoma Flower Tone at this point and water it in along with some lime.

Thanks for all the replies!! I really appreciate it.

Some of my plants are showing the same symptoms and have a pH of 6.5ish.

Did some research again on the internet, and came across pictures of Root Aphid Damage.

Does this damage look similar to Root Aphid damage? Knat damage? Anyone have experience with any of these pests?

Thanks!

Root attacking bugs can certainly cause something like that but I'm not sure how to determine if you have the root aphids. The gnats will show themselves by flying around the room as its the larva that live in the root zone. However, if you have root damage from bugs, it will often cause the pH to take off and become rapidly more acidic.

Found the little bastards and the adults flying around :/ five and half weeks into flower, going with mosquito dunks and Diatomaceous Earth with watering.

Latest posts

Back