MarsHydro LED

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You would want 3 of those for your space. One for each plant in the 2x4.

Power Consumption: 140W

That's what they claim, but I bet actual draw is closer to 120-130w. The ones I have are 180w, rated with a meter.
I wouldn't go with this line as I believe this is their old line of lights.

You would want 3 of those for your space. One for each plant in the 2x4.

Power Consumption: 140W

That's what they claim, but I bet actual draw is closer to 120-130w. The ones I have are 180w, rated with a meter.
I wouldn't go with this line as I believe this is their old line of lights.

Damn. It's either that or continue with my 600w HPS. Due to new circumstances, I've got to put my tent in a small bathroom...this means I need to produce a lot less heat. I do have a great exhaust fan (& filter), but the exhaust will have to be in the bathroom, right next to the tent.

Do you think three of these lights would produce much less heat than my 600w HPS?

No, I think the heat would be equivalent. Especially if your HPS is in a sealed / air cooled hood and you have a good fan. :aok:

if your bathroom has an exhaust fan you might be able to remove it and exhaust through the hole.

I don't have an air-cooled hood, but I have a good fan. In the past I've kept the tent around 78 with the fan.

G13, I do have an exhaust fan in the bathroom. It would help a little, I'm sure.

Thanks for your help, guys. Still trying to decide. :\

from what ive been reading and seeing is that there a lot of copy of the mars hydro out there be careful what you buy. go to the mar hydro website . i almost got duped into buying one of the fake white ones. they only come in black and there like 20 pounds where the fake ones come in at 8-10 pounds and they don't make a 600 any more. mars2they only come in 400,700,900,1200,1600 the Reflector type only come in 48x3,96x3,144x5,192x3. and there twice as big as the fake ones. the reflector leds from mars only come in green with a silver face. and the sun series only come in 200 watt in is also black.
the old style did come in white but mars do not sell them any more and they are a lot of fake old styles white ones out there. stay a way from the white because if there not selling them any more then you will have to buy from a reseller you never know what your getting. go to their website and buy from there if your not sure of your seller.
[ame]www.youtube.com/watch?v=r0NZVF24oXE[/ame] video you should watch. they do make fake of the all mars led so be careful

Thanks Sin!!! I KNEW I saw this somewhere in the past, but couldn't reference it... so I just mentioned the old series. I remember watching this video just before making my purchase! :aok:

i almost got duped into buying one of the fake white ones. they only come in black and there like 20 pounds where the fake ones come in at 8-10 pounds and they don't make a 600 any more

^^ Exactly.

To be fair, that video compares two very different lights.

And MarsHydro still sells the white models on their Amazon page.

These appear to be genuine, not counterfeit, but just the older models.

Indeed.. just check your sources (as THG did) and it'll "seem" to pan out they are selling the older models (my original thought)

Just check your source, otherwise you'll get the fixtures you saw in that video.. and that would suck :aok:

(Good one THG)

I've ordered three of the 300w white ones, one from Amazon and two from eBay. I know they're older, but given my financial situation, this is easier to do than two of the newer 400w models. Thanks to all for the help. I'm excited to get them here and put one over my seedlings. What distance do you all keep your LEDs at over the plants in veg?

What distance do you all keep your LEDs at over the plants in veg?

Depends on the light and other varying factors.. I keep mine around 24" or more when vegging.

thanks for the backup mom/thg I knew that the olders was on ebay some where I just could not find them. but I did not want to take a chance and put them out there and they where fake. good looking out I was on the fence about buying 2 of the 300 watt ones. and because I am cheap these would work I think I am just going to save up and get the mar2 700 watt led for mt 3x3 tent:vap_smiley:. and I see has updated the old white ones to 5wchips from 3wchips

Cool, cool. Are you going to veg and flower with them?

yea I will do both . I think I will have to switch to leds because the new place I moved to do have central air and my tent temps are around 90's .
making me pull up my 400 watt to over 2ft from my tops

I have lumigrow 650 and spyder 600..there is way less energy but heat it not all that great especially when you get intop bin leds...see its the amount of light per watt that you want that why your probably running hot ..for example lumigrow in 14 es 330 put out 12 percent of light per watt...the new 325 is but out 44% more light...Mars are over driven they must achieve high watter to get high par so kinda defers the purpuse...

[Q. UOTE=The Hemp Goddess;946073]For a lo nger narrower space, you will do a lot better with a couple of smaller lights rather than 1 larger one. I have a 3 x 6 space and have a 700W Mars II and a 768W Apollo Purple Sun cob unit in there. That seems to be a good choice for my space.

I do have to say though that they produce a lot more heat than I had been led to believe. I am running just a bit over 700 actual watts and they really do not run that much cooler than my air cooled HPS. And I have only cut my wattage by about 300W, so the energy savings is not great. What draws me to the LEDs are the higher amount of trichs that you seem to get with LEDs.[/QUOTE]

Mars are over driven they must achieve high watter to get high par so kinda defers the purpuse...

Mars drives their 5w diodes at 33%... they are extremely under driven actually :aok:

Latest posts

Back