trimming side branches

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jungle

kind bud
Reaction score
Hello My plants are growing. Some are 3 weeks old and some are less old, some just poppong out of the soil. What I'm doing is growing for their colas only. In one weeks time They all will have atleast one weeks growth to 4 weeks.
I'm planning on cutting off side branches. It looks to be 4 nodes up on the more mature plants. Someone said I can cut side branches up to 3 weeks into flowering stage. Does anyone have some experience with this type of growing. When is the best time to cut the side branches off?
It's ok for me to have some going into flowering at 4 weeks and some at 1 week. Any sugestions on whens the best time to cut my side branches. I haven't thought about topping anything, just cutting side branches and let it flower for their single colas, Thanks

hello friend...and yes you can cut side branches..I would do it in Veg if ya can and not more then 1/3 plant at a time..and wait a few days in between...also be sure to get close to the stalk.... as to not have more shoots...have ya sexed these yet? Hope this helps take care and be safe..others with better help will be along shortly...untill then lets share this:48:

There not sexed yet. I think once Their all situated and ready for 12/12 I will cut side branches. Except for maybe the ones that might be to small if I have those. I just finished reading some place .....else a few minutes ago to trim side branches in veg once and at 6 days of 12/12 and 14 days of 12/12. Then some of the smaller ones can be trimed. that missed out on veg trim. What I read said to leave side branches that looked like they would stay close to plant. What ever way I end up doing it atleast I know it's ok and won't be to harnmfull for plant...I think using consistant clones is a better method than just seeds. Thanks

oh Hell yeah clones are better..less stress too...4u....and yes you can trim up into the 2nd week of 12/12..i wouldnt try any further ...you will do fine just remember no more then 1/3 the Plant at a time..take care and be safe:ciao:

ok thanks it's kinda scary cutting branches and things when ones never done it before. I'm not sure what you mean exactly about 1/3 the plant at a time. This method is completly new to me and I have no idea what the plants are going to look like growing and finished. Could you explain more in detail what you mean by 1/3 the plant at a time? Thanks again.

This is what I did to grow the WW monsters, check my sig,

I needed alot of vertical room and is the main reason I haven't done one since, but boy did they grow some big buds.

jungle said:
ok thanks it's kinda scary cutting branches and things when ones never done it before. I'm not sure what you mean exactly about 1/3 the plant at a time. This method is completly new to me and I have no idea what the plants are going to look like growing and finished. Could you explain more in detail what you mean by 1/3 the plant at a time? Thanks again.

no problem...if ya look at the plant and divied it into 3..(visually)..or maybe count the branches and only cut a 3rd of them...:rofl: I sure hope this helps..But may have confused ya more:eek:

I understand cutting a third off..... Then after a week of 12/12 I read where I can cut again. Now when I cut again is that like looking at the part of the plant that hasnt been trimed and deviding that part into 3rds and trim the bottom 1/3 part leaving the top 2/3rds, and then the last cutting will be on the 14th day of 12/12 acording to this thing I read. And if need be I can look at the part of the plant that hasn't been trimed devide it into thirds and trim the botom third if needed. Then I guess the cuttings will be over and hopefully a nice cola. I appreciate your time. Am I close to understanding correctly?

Not to sound like a broken record but can do this now. I'll cut 1/3 from bottom up on plants, then place them into 12/12 right away, this is so the plant will keep it's shape. Then keep going up a third and trim on the 6th day of 12/12 and on the 14th day. By then I should have a bare stem leading up to the cola. Sounds like a plan. Thanks.

Latest posts

Back