topping?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

juniorgrower

Reaction score
I am growing 5 chemdogs, 1 diesel, and 1 blue venom. Can anyone that has experience growing any of these strains tell me if they like being topped or not? I think I remember reading that Chemdog doesnt like to be topped, but I am not positive so I was hoping to get a little help from someone here. Thanks

I only top my plants to ensure an even canopy, in the case that some take off faster than others. In my experience, there's no other reason to do it. Yield seems to be unaffected.

I want to top so that I can have multiple cola buds! I have read that some strains do better not being topped, and was wondering if any of mine were the same.

In the past I have pinched the tops off instead of cutting I thought that I would get the same results. Is there another way to pinch other than pinching the whole top off?

Sorry Nugs I am a bit confused. You dont actually pinch the top completely off you just bend it over? Do you do this to train the top to grow in a different direction? Thanks for taking the time to explain this to me. I am a little slow!!

That is awesome!! Thanks again Nugs for taking the time to explain "Pinching" to me. I cannot wait to try this.

My ChemD loves to be topped, bent, pinched, and just about anything I can think to do with her. She stretches well in flower.

Thanks for the input CL. I topped my chemdogs and did a little pinching and bending. So far they are a pleasure to grow and recover fast from the topping.

I usually like to top too. I like to have multiple colas and it keeps the plant a little shorter, which I prefer with growing indoors.

Good luck with the grow. I absolutely love a clean Chem taste and the plants are great to grow.

Thanks CL and MH. Nothing like seeing a bunch of big colas on your plants.

Latest posts

Back