Gotta start off with a stupid question...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Super Skunk

Reaction score
First let me tell you my computer skills are VERY basic. I am about to build a grow room in an attic. I cannot for the life of me figure out how to search all the previous post that deal with growing in an attic. I am really trying to get rid of that trial and error thing that we all tend to come up against when we try a new method of growing, or at least reduce that error part. I know this must be a simple task??? Also any pointers will be greatly appriciated about growing in an attic as well. I've got everything insulated and 2 exhaust fans as well as a constant temp. Also sealed up all the vents, so no light can escape at night. Anyway, any help would be greatly appriciated. I wish we were in a society where I could share some of the product with the people on here that are such a big help, with there wealth of information. Thank all of you.

my only concern about an attic is the heat that is generated up there all ready? have you run some test runs? see what the temps are running? There are a lot of posts on your subjkect just need to find them..I too am not to computer savey but there out there..also if you covered up all your vents..how is your house or what ever you covered up going to vent? thats a very stealth way to go just keep in mind the heat..are you pulling fresh air in from outside of house? and whats the temps out there? Good luck keep us posted:bolt::bong:

:yeahthat:

Your attic is vented for very good reason. Did you really seal them up? Watch out for mold!

What I have done is sprayed the underside of the roof(decking )with a thermal barier paint. I then put in two electric exhaust fans real close to the ridge. I then framed in two grow rooms that are also covered in a styrofoam insulation board. They are both 20 x 20 and about 6' tall. I have the opennings framed on each end to put my duct work in for ventalation. I am using the A/C and heat from the home to keep these rooms a constant temp. I replaced the R-22 with ES-22A last spring in my A/C units so this really does not cost much to cool the 800 sq. ft. So in essence I have built two boxes in my attic and boosted my ventilation power. I have to go through one of the rooms to get into the other room. I had a vist from LEO and I will not be growing outside anymore. So I definately did not seal up the attic, I just have it so hopefully my roof will frost when everyone elses does, and no light will be visible at night.

First let me tell you my computer skills are VERY basic. I am about to build a grow room in an attic. I cannot for the life of me figure out how to search all the previous post that deal with growing in an attic.

SS..in the green toolbar near the top, see the "SEARCH" ?
click the arrow, or select "Advanced search"..
first box.."key words" type in attic grow or attic setup ect.
scroll down.. click "search now"
it isn't the "best" at sorting posts by subject, but it will give you some reading.. ;)

if leo is already coming around,i would be skeptical of growing at all there.be careful my friend.we do not want you in jail.good luck

Hey thank you very much Hick, got it that should be plenty of reading for a while.

plummmm tickled to help anyone willing to do their own research.. :D

Latest posts

Back