Search for Gold continues

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey, Yes, I have started a very boring seed journal.

DON'T you dare push that bike! I am an x-ray tech, and I know how you they put you back together, dreamable details if you don't know, It will hold together but please follow doctors orders!!! Don't be dumb please. Be careful.

Rosebud said:
Hey, Yes, I have started a very boring seed journal.

DON'T you dare push that bike! I am an x-ray tech, and I know how you they put you back together, dreamable details if you don't know, It will hold together but please follow doctors orders!!! Don't be dumb please. Be careful.

Don't worry, my wife, son and daughter are always hovering around me, I'm well looked after, well coddled as well. The weather is to be really nice this Sunday, my son will get it out...I just sit on a caster w/wheels and detail/polish it w/detail spray and a clean cotton cloth. Actually might be good for the chest now that I think of it: wax on, wax off-lol :D just kidding

Nurses kept telling me, little steps day by day, plus I recieved a very, very nice card from the entire doctors, nurses, & support staff today from the Hospital, it was very sweet, and as a biker I normally never talk that way except saying sweet bike, or sweet grow....

Don't know if I mentioned when I first started this grow in 2010, I recieved a couple free seeds, one was Royal Haze, the other Blue Widow both from Dinafem Seeds....The Blue Widow simply put is an awesome strain. Everybody that has grown, growing it, smoked it or is smoking it will say hands down one of the best strains out there.

It's a bushy plant, mostly sativa, unknown percentage of indica, but early on in vegetation she has big dark green wide foliage. Really stretches from one week into flowering and continues to nearly harvest and starts to tower the Colombian Gold within week 4 of flowering....She makes odd looking colas full of trics and topples over if you don't tie/anchor her down. Last grow 4-5 main tops/colas out of 12 tops just fell over because her nuggets are so dense, after trim/dry/cure the nuggets are rock hard, nearly grinds to powder.....

Smells like juicy fruit gum w/after taste of blueberrys...the high is stellar uplifting and has an awesome pain control effect....Diffently a day smoke, night time you may have a hard time sleeping....:eek:

P2180007.JPG

P2180006.JPG

P2180010.JPG

P2180002.JPG

P2180004.JPG

Day 30 of flowering, making the switch today on the 8/16 light schedule, can't wait 3 more days...:D , my Colombian Gold :holysheep: color :hubba:

P2210019.JPG

Ive recently read on MP that 8/16 is actually bad for your plant. even though the plant is flowering and will flower only in darkness, but it still needs a full 12 hrs of light to absorb all the energy it can to flower as much as possible. I hope someone will add to or edit this as I am not 100%, just something I thought I read.

Looking good Fader! Told ya that blue will trip you out! It will get blue...er leaves as it flowers!

MosesPMG said:
Ive recently read on MP that 8/16 is actually bad for your plant. even though the plant is flowering and will flower only in darkness, but it still needs a full 12 hrs of light to absorb all the energy it can to flower as much as possible. I hope someone will add to or edit this as I am not 100%, just something I thought I read.

Let me research it further....I have read both schools of thought. I've read what ur saying, but also I read whenever the plant senses a lengthier dark period, she will produce more trichomes so she has a better chance to pollunate before she dies, due to stress....and showing her way of trying to survive.....kinda like that.....but thanks for the input, I'll give it some more study...

Hey Fader, let me know what you find out mate. A longer dark period could make a plant produce more because it senses an even longer dark period, but I dont know if its worth sacrificing the daylight. Since you can and do grow marijuana indoors I have recently had the thought that maybe a grow doesnt have to be confined to a 24 hr cycle since its indoor. I am going to start a thread in the general thread with more details, care to comment? Thanks

Moses

the chef said:
Looking good Fader! Told ya that blue will trip you out! It will get blue...er leaves as it flowers!

Thanks the chef, have not seen any blue yet, but I hear ya...

P2210009.JPG

P2210011.JPG

Oh dear, the colombian gold made me want to lick the screen. That blue widow is pretty too, lots of sparkles.

faderharley said:
Let me research it further....I have read both schools of thought. I've read what ur saying, but also I read whenever the plant senses a lengthier dark period, she will produce more trichomes so she has a better chance to pollunate before she dies, due to stress....and showing her way of trying to survive.....kinda like that.....but thanks for the input, I'll give it some more study...

Robert Clark's book "Marijuana Botany" fader'..;) hXXp://www.greenmanspage.com/guides/botany.html I "highly" recommend it.

Chapter 4 deals specifically with maturation and it's influential factors.
from.. "Factors Influencing THC Production" section
THC production requires the proper quantity and quality of light. It seems that none of the biosynthetic processes operate efficiently when low light conditions prevent proper photosynthesis. Research has shown (Valle et al. 1978) that twice as much THC is produced under a 12-hour photoperiod than under a 10-hour photoperiod......
Drug Cannabis production requires 11-12 hours of continuous darkness to induce flowering and at least 10 hours of light for adequate THC production (Valle et al. 1978). In a greenhouse, supplemental lighting need be used only to extend daylength, while the sun supplies the energy needed for growth and THC biosynthesis. It is not known why at least 10 hours (and preferably 12 or 13 hours) of light are needed for high THC production. This is not dependent on accumulated solar energy since light responses can be activated and THC production increased with only a 40-watt bulb. A reasonable theory is that a light-sensitive pigment in the plant (possibly phytochrome) acts as a switch, causing the plant to follow the flowering cycle. THC production is probably associated with the induction of flowering resulting from the photoperiod change.

Thank you for posting that Hick. I had been looking for that exact article. Happy 4/20 mate!

:aok:.. it is a bounty of information moses.. ;) (the entire book!)
and a HAPPY HAPPY 420 to you 'n everyone else as well!

Why are you not running your flowering lights 12/12? We know from controlled studies that less light is very detrimental to yield...

Hey, sorry about the light schedule thingy, just trying to see who's sleeping in my gj.....need to switch back to 12/12 today for the next 5 weeks or until the colas all filled out, then move it to 8/16 to increase the ripening rate for the week b4 harvest.....keep forgeting that..:eek: ..got ahead of myself, I use this scedule: for vegetation 24 hrs/day, flowering I switch to 12/12 until pistils appear, move to 10/14 for flowering production" increases flower production, then back to 12/12 until last week or so then I switch to 08/16 to inhance quicker maturity and ripening of the colas, more last ditch effort tric production, then go dark for 48 hrs b4 the cut....workes everytime, yes indeedy....

However yeild has never been a problem for me, more concerned about potency, quality of smell, taste, stickyness ect....don't really give a hoot if I end up w/15 pint like last time or just 5, it's all about knockdown power, not harvesting 2 tons....:D

:holysheep: it's 420 day..:cool: ..dedicated these photos for the ones that can't grow :rolleyes:

P2220002.JPG

P2220015.JPG

P2220009.JPG

P2220021.JPG

Wow the hairs have really ripened. mojo for ya mate :D

Latest posts

Back