Search for Gold continues

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Rosebud said:
I know what you mean, there are so many out there and so little time. ha. I don't know if I will keep gold forever or not. How do you decide. I have 5 different kinds now. I have to keep medicine woman for night time medicine. Man it really helps me sleep. If i wake in the middle of the night I vape a little and go back to sleep. I love Jack herer too. My reveg is working, thanks to you. and on and on.
I have never got a pound in my life. that would be amazing.

Hey Rosebud, been thinking about our C. Gold adventures, it is one of the best strains to date I have consumed...don't you agree? ....whenever I wake in the middle of the night I'll smoke some of my 1st grow, it was mostly indica dominet, suppose to have been Kandahar and/or Big Bud.... but got screwed over on the seeds, a later story... But my 1st grow does have some real nice relaxing mellow body and head buzz...slightly couched locked, but will make you very mellow after 4-6 hits of my bubble....:hubba: :eek:

I have 3 seeds of L.C.Gold remaining from when I got them in 2010, but no Blue Widow, so I am ordering 5 seeds of Blue Widow w/these strains as well, 5 seeds of Royal Haze, 5 seeds of Skunk#1, 5 seeds of Northern Lights#5 and 5 seeds of Pamir Gold.... The plan is to take cuttings from the 2nd round re-grow, those cuttings will go into air pods to momma out... The new strains will be germinated, 1 strain each, put into the new grow area in an aero-hydro set-up, veg for about 5 weeks, take cuttings, then flowering them out while new cuttings start the next phase of grow:cool:

I nearly hit a heavy pound last grow, I believe I was slightly over it, but growing aero-hydro you can get some nice yeilds.... I have many a good freinds out there growing in aero-hydro, DWC, Bubble-ponics and hydro, they all get awesome outcomes....but your momma, I bet at least 3/4 lbs if not a good lbs, she is simply huge :)

I think it is good. But I need to grow it again to see if it is wonderful. Maybe i am thinking about this wrong. Maybe I should use it for nighttime instead of trying for speedy pot.
If you can ever get Medicine Woman do, I think it is an Oregon special maybe. It is great for sleep.

Your new genetics sound fun. Pamir gold? need to look that up.
I hope your right about the poundage, ha. We shall see. We could put a little money on it?? Not really. I like your picture you posted a lot. It is a good one.

Rosebud said:
I think it is good. But I need to grow it again to see if it is wonderful. Maybe i am thinking about this wrong. Maybe I should use it for nighttime instead of trying for speedy pot.
If you can ever get Medicine Woman do, I think it is an Oregon special maybe. It is great for sleep.

Your new genetics sound fun. Pamir gold? need to look that up.
I hope your right about the poundage, ha. We shall see. We could put a little money on it?? Not really. I like your picture you posted a lot. It is a good one.

Thanks Rosebud, that Pamir Gold is crossed w/Colombian Gold, I think w/Mex. Acapulo?? maybe... Guess what I'm going to do this beautiful day...

P3020001-1.JPG

I am so happy for you. Is it ok for you to drive yet? I bet it isn't. You should be glad your not married to me, I wouldn't want you to do that yet. Has it been 6 weeks???

On the other hand, HAVE the Best time Ever!

rotten_socks420 said:
Skateboard! right right? lol

Actually I pulled it out yesterday afternoon... Spent a few hours waxing & detailing her. Really was going to go then, but thought I'd save that for today, it was a great short ride...thanks rotten_socks :D

Rosebud said:
I am so happy for you. Is it ok for you to drive yet? I bet it isn't. You should be glad your not married to me, I wouldn't want you to do that yet. Has it been 6 weeks???

On the other hand, HAVE the Best time Ever!

It'll be 5 weeks this upcoming Monday... yeah they say your not to drive a vehical until after 6 weeks from surgery... Don't know if that includes harleys does it? :hubba:

Did not stray to far from the house, just the neighbor-hood for about 30 minutes, no real discomfort... But it was awesome to say the least.... :D

Rosebud said:
congrats fader, you are back to normal.

I would not say normal, but getting there, I think.... I have follow-ups this week, always fun....

Anyway, my Blue Widow is leaning, going to have to anchor her down, she is starting to get fat.... she did this last time... Gotta tell ya Rosebud, that Blue Widow and Colombian Gold is simply awesome smoke for my needs

Update
Day 43 of flowering, regrow#1, Aero-Hydro set-up using GH Flora Bloom, GH Flora Micro Nutrients, Botanicare Calmag+ and Pure Blend supplements w/distilled water. Burning 1280watts, 83,000 lumen CFLs w/a 12/12 light schedule, in a 3.5' x 4' x 9' closet...:D

P3050011.JPG

P3050012.JPG

P3050016.JPG

They look good fader. How long do you think you'll let them go before the chop?

Thanks Rosebud and powerplant.... I plan to chop most of the Blue Widow when her trichomes are at 70-80% cloudy w/20-30% amber, the remaining BW I'll take when she ambers upto 50% or better.

The Gold I cut when the amber is 50% or greater, I want more knockdown power w/the Gold.....

The Blue Widow was fallen over today.... had to tie her up....

P3060007.JPG

Day 49 of flowering, my gals seem to be top heavy. Had to tie up some gold and blue this am again.... Switching back to the 10/14 light schdl for a week, then I am knocking it down to 8/16 to finish out.....

Starting to watch trics now, but it's still early.... :D

happy momma day :)

P3110002.JPG

P3110003.JPG

P3110004.JPG

day 53 flowering, 1280watts of CFLs, light schedule 10/14, trics are 90% clear w/10% cloudy :hubba:

P3150025.JPG

P3150004.JPG

P3150005.JPG

P3150028.JPG

Thanks Rosebud and powerplant for your concerns, been enjoying the summer, remodeling the shack and keeping the wife happy by doing her honey-do-list...... sucks

Did the cut on 6-5-11, trichomes were at 80% cloudy w/50+% amber.... and yes it kicks like a mule to put it politely..... got 16 pints of Gold, 3 pints of Blue and have 2 large zip-locks of underbud in the freezer....

I shut the re-grow down after the cut, I have more bud than I know what to do with right now, but I plan to get another grow started soon using my new area which I have talked about from time to time.... anyways...:D

P4220002.JPG

Smoke Report from the successful regrow attempt w/ Landrace Colombian Gold and Blue Widow:

After 3+weeks of the ongoing curing of my harvest on 6-5-11 on both these 2 strains I wanted to make a fair and honest assessment of the quality of these 2 strains, so here we go

Landrace Colombian Gold: this strain from the 1st grow was already awesome in it’s own rights, smell, taste, bag appeal... the high and medical benefits I’d rate an easy 8 out of 10. The re-grow was an attempt to find out if I could get more of a knockdown and/or couch lock from it.... and I did, I would actually rate it now at a 8.5, perhaps even better. Keeping in mind I had experienced smoking opium laced hash in Europe many years ago while stationed in Germany, which I’d rate the hash any easy 10+++, the LCG is not that of course, but I’d rank it in the top 5 bud I have smoked in my past 30+ years experience smoking marijuana. I will note that the effects do not last as long as the first grow and it has lost it’s creep up effect which hits you in about 10-15 minutes or so you go into that stoner moment for a few hours, with that said however, you receive that stoner moment within 1-2 minutes now, but once again the effects only last for about 6 hours instead of 8-10, not a bad trade, cuz now it will kick your butt faster, better and of course will put you down on that couch allot faster than I had hoped.
Tally
Bag appeal
: 8/10
Taste: 8/10 even smoother than before, sweet as sweet can be, makes my mouth water when I smoke it
Smell: 8/10 like the taste, smells like ripened fruit
High: 8.5/10
Estimated Dispensary Cost: between $55-$65 per 3.5 grams, or between $450-$520 per oz

Blue Widow: this strain is in my opinion probably one of the best buds out there to consume. The taste, smell and effects is even more superior to the LCG.... I did not want to amber it out like I did w/the Gold, but I thought what the hell and the difference just made it so much better than the 1 grow w/this awesome strain. I’d like to state to any new growers out there as well as seasoned growers, grow this strain, you will not regret it....my 1st grow I believed I rated it a 8 to an 8.5...now it’s a 9.9+ imo.... the high is so hard to describe, because I just get to stoned whenever I smoke just a half doob of it, kid you not.....
Tally
Bag appeal
: 8/10 solid hard nuggets, lighter color than regular bud imo
Taste: 9/10 you get the after taste of blueberries, also when I first smoked it from my 1st run it tasted so familuar, then I realized that the taste of European opium laced hash came to mind...really hard to describe.... but a great taste, not harsh but comes w/little cough on the deep draws, but who cares
Smell: 9/10 exactly like juicy fruit gum or fruity gum or candy and very potent smell in fact...
High: 9.9/10, the very best, only difference is on the regrow, this time it has the creep up on ya effect, and man it slams you up against the wall, however once again the high only last about 6-7 hours from 1 doob....
Estimated Dispensary Cost: I’d let it go for about $6500 per pound, maybe $7000....grow it, you’ll see if you grow it

In closing I putting my next grow on pause until August or September, trying to get my shack ready for sale by 1-2-12, with little hope, the smell of growing will have disappeared by the time for our open house in January 2012, that is if we survive the Mayan’s December 21st 2012 prediction:holysheep: , I guess we will see after that..... hope everybody has a nice 4th of July....:D thanks for all of your support guys, stay kool as always

your freindship, support and comments have been awesome and fellow growers, keep growing the bud, take care faderharley:cool:

Nice report bro. Glad your doin ok. You can send me a pint or two if you need the room...??? :hubba: Peace man!!

Latest posts

Back