Co2 Boost Bucket?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sunakard2000

Reaction score
ok so i got a question here... while i was working, i came across a Co2 Boost Bucket that after talking to the previous owner it was only used for 1 month, they say it lasts 3 months... so my question is for a small grow, in my closet, its about 4x5x9, iv got the bucket blowing into the back of my fan for even distribution... so i guess my question is, is this thing worth it? iv only had it in for a day now, havnt noticed anything signifigant yet. with that said the $110 for a new bucket isnt that big of a deal for me, im just wondering if the ~400-500 ppm boost in Co2 from the natural levels is worth the cash, i guess now that im thinking about it, it may not be the 1200-1500 ppm thats optimium, but any boost in Co2 is beneficial yes?. also has any of you used the Co2 Boost Bucket in any of your small grows? ooh one more thing i read on another forum that the ExHale Bags can be used as a cheaper, cost wise, refill for the buckets, has anyone used the ExHale bags like they are ment to be used or as a refill for a bucket? sorry for all the questions just trying to verify my research with the help of the MP community XD you guys and gals rock.

Hey, I used the CO2Boost bucket in a 5x8 room and couldn't tell any difference, but I had not used that room but a couple times previous to using the Boost bucket so its hard to say if it was really effective. I would be willing to bet that it is more effective in a smaller grow space.

One plus though is if you intend to run in organics, that bucket of stuff is an ideal compost starter as it is packed full with beneficial microbes and fungus and organic material that eventually breaks down into a thick mass of mud that is super nutrient rich. Once it has run its course after several months, you can open it and put it in a compost bin with other organic material to build some sick super soil :)

There is way more to using CO2 in a beneficial manner then those Boost Buckets. It needs to be administered at specific levels in an air tight environment and I believe higher then normal temperatures also play a factor and are desirable. Jmo

well seeing as the cheapest set up i found is nearly 400 bucks for the tanks and all the other crap to go with it, where as the bucket is like $110 for the refill and the Exhale bags are around $35 or the bucket buddy bags for about $45, a $100 every few months aint bad for me but theres no way i can afford a full tank set up, hence why im intrested in these smaller items for my small closet grow. and Hushpuppy thanks for that compost idea, not sure if i can pull it off where im living now but im sure i could figure out something. also you happen to have used the Exhale or Buddy bags? i read up on em and it seems the heat/light activates them daily, how ever im running a good LED set up and have great results with em, but they dont put out much heat, my closet gets to about 85*with just the lights and fan on, once i put the bucket in, about an hour later it spiked up to aout 88-90* and held steady, so do yah think thats enough heat to activate the bags? still new to growing so shellin out nearly $500 for a full set up, plus what ever id need for venting and all that good stuff, which i currently have no need for.

i tried the co2 in a bucket times past and did not see any increase of buds---you would likely get more co2 with more fresh air exchanges---i know you didn't say how quickly you were exchanging air in the space---but---my bet is you would get a bigger bang for your buck and bigger buds by simply increasing the fresh air in the room with a bigger fan---jmo :D

my bet is you would get a bigger bang for your buck and bigger buds by simply increasing the fresh air in the room with a bigger fan---jmo

I agree.....sounds like you're throwing money away....jmo

I also agree that you are just throwing your money away. Unless CO2 can be regulated and controlled, IMO, you are wasting time, money, and energy. And by the way, if the $400 is the whole set up with tank, regulator, controller and monitor, it is a great deal.

And by the way, if the $400 is the whole set up with tank, regulator, controller and monitor, it is a great deal.

:yeahthat:

I'd be all over that if I didn't already have everything for CO2

Latest posts

Back