Long flowering period

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

franco3420

Half assed gardener
Reaction score
I know this sounds crazy but my indoor plants have been in the flowering stage, 12 on/12 off for 98 days and I see very few amber trichomes. Hard to believe. I use the little Radio Shack microscope. Is this possible? Has anyone else experienced such a long flowering period? I'm growing OG Kush and I am using 2 400 watt HPS bulbs for just 2 plants. Any input would be greatly appreciated.

a photo would help. Some heavy Sativas can go a long while. The Black Haze comes to mind, They state it to be a 14-16 week flower. We have yet to try the OG Kush but seen a few here that has. Who is the breeder?

Many long flowering sativas can take that long, but I don't think your OG should be taking that long.

How are you checking the trichs? Are you sure you have no light leaks? This could really retard flowering.

I'm checking my trichs with a radio shack hand held microscope. I am sure I have no light leaks. This is why I'm puzzled as to why they are taking so long.
Go figure!!!
Thanks for your reply.

Could be to much Nitrogen.
To much can delay and/or increase flowering times

I mean do you snip a sugar leaf, remove it from the grow space and the artificial lights and check it on a solid surface where you can look at it well?

Can we get a pick of the plant? I would like to see the structure of the plant and the shape of the leaves.

Well I'm only using Fox Farm "Cha Ching" and sugar daddy for nutrients so I doubt if They're getting too much nitrogen. I cut out other nuits. about 2 weeks ago when most of the trichs turned cloudy.

I'll take a picture of a leaf and post it. {Hope I can figure out how to do that!}

The Nitrogen would be stored in the leaves. You only quit 2 weeks ago giving them excess N.

I start using flowering teas 2 weeks after going 12/12, not at the 12th week of flower

What kind of flowering teas? Where can I get them? I never heard of them before your post but I thank you.

Latest posts

Back