Mites !!!!!!!!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hackerman

Reaction score
I have not had a bug in my rooms for years. Just lucky I guess.

I was inspecting my Grape Stomper clones and I saw what looked like eggs under the leaves. Further inspection found more than a few mites walking around. Not sure if they are a spider mite or other kind but they sure laid a zillion eggs.

So, I read as much as I could as fast as I could and rushed to the store to get some Spinosad (sp). They didn't have any but he recommended the Azamatt (again sp).

I told him I wanted to use the Spinosad because I read it was organic and virtually harmless to the plants and humans. He told me the Azamat was also organic and harmless.

Sure didn't sound that way when I read the pamphlet in the Azamat box.

Is Azamat as dangerous as they make it sound?

Anyway, I mixed up a quart and saturated the plants pretty well.

I am days away from harvest in the flower room and didn't see any bugs anywhere.

My veg tent is 5' from these clones and I didn't see anything on them but..... if they are in the clone closet.... they are everywhere.

Timing is almost perfect, though. I need to shut down and sell my house so I can move. I was going to do a last few crops and then break down and clean.

Once again, as my good friend Maxwell Smart says..... Missed it by That much. LOL

Hopefully, I can save these Stompers. Frostiest strain I have ever grown.

Since I have not had bugs in a while, I am open to advice. I have a tendency to overdo things. What I have read said, wait 7 to 10 days and apply again. It's been an hour.... I'm ready. LOL

Thanks

I was reading somewhere that you're supposed to apply the Azamat 15 minutes before lights out.

Anyone know why?

I did go down and turn the light off. I'm OK with that. I was just about to change their light cycle anyway.

Thanks for the link RE, I'll go check it out.

Don't not spray azamat!! Your days away from harvest. Go get clean green, it's pricy but safe and IT WORKS. After your harvest I would go nuclear on that room. Also apply when lights are out.

The mites are on 6 week old clones, not my flower room.

However, I did look real close in my flower room and I found some of the outside edge (closest to the door) leaves had eggs and a couple mites. I didn't see any more than that so I think they must have just found that room. I am days away from harvest so I wouldn't spray of do anything.

Which leads to a question.... when I harvest the plants this week and put them in the drying tent to dry and cure, will the mites die? Or, am I going to be smoking crawly little mites forever? LOL

Also, Aggie, you said to only apply when light out. Do you know why?

Thanks

Get some the Amazing Doctor Zymes. Fantastic and organic and it is my new love. Can use the day of harvest. and it WORKS.

Spray the crap out of everything. You have them. Green clean works, kills eggs too and can spray Day of harvest. Follow instructions on amount used. You turn lights of so you don't burn the plants. If your going to spray always lights off. Yes you will be smoking mites and there eggs. Mites will die or leave the plant once dried. But all their crap is left on it.

I couldn't find Green Clean when I googled it. Could you give us a link?

Well, I looked over the Grape clones today and I didn't see any live mites. I did see some dead ones and a bunch of eggs.

I have so much going on this week, I'm just going to keep watch on them. If I see even ONE live mite, I am spraying again. LOL

Still no sign of them in the veg tent and I was viewing buds in the flower room for amber trichs and I didn't see a single mite or egg on any of the buds. Good news there, :) Plus, the Barney's Farm Critical Kush is ripening up nicely. Probably harvest Thursday night. Maybe Friday. Mites should not be a problem by then.

Still, I have a crop in the veg tent that's ready for this flower room. How do I make sure all the mites and eggs are dead before putting my new crop in here.

I did hear to use bleach but, wow, in a tiny closed room, washing with bleach. Danger city. Most chemicals are against my nature. Any suggestions for washing down the room?

Thanks

I would recommend a follow-up treatment, regardless of whether you see any mites, eggs, or webs.

I absolutely agree. I wonder how long I should wait. I'll have to check on gestation times for spider mites.

I am cleaning my room up and I'll spray real well but I have a feeling the mites will come back.

I don't mind so much on clones or small veg plants because they are easy to pick up and spray and clean and look real close and all that.

However, once I get my plants in the flower room, I can't even reach the back 4 or 6 plants much less look to see if they have mites or treat them. You've seen my room. No space to fight pests.

Plus, I never spray flowers. Even in the early stage. Even with plain soap or organics.

So.......... I see the best remedy as beneficials. Even if I don't really need them, they don't hurt and they will keep any infestation from even starting.

And, I was doing some reading and one of my favorite bugs (and, I don't have many LOL) is a spider mite predator.

The common lady bug! I love it.

However, I do have some questions.....

How many do I need with a 4 x 6 room. Plus, my 3x5 tent and my clone closet.

Will they infest my house? I love the little girls but, I don't need them everywhere. LOL

What if there's no mites? Do they die? What else do they eat?

I see them on eBay really cheap for packs of 500, 1000, 1500 and so on. Even 500 sounds like a lot.

I am open to any advise or experiences with lady bugs.

Thanks

I was doing a little reading and, although it seems lady bugs are not the best choice for mites, I think I'm going to play and learn a little. I always have gnats anyway. They eat them too.

If done incorrectly, most people said they died almost immediately.

Done correctly, providing the lady bugs with a home and an environment to breed, it might be cool to watch. And, most people posted decent results.

In one video, the guy used a standard cloning tray and dome. I think I'll try that. A box might be better but I think it will be cool to watch the lady bugs through the clear dome. Kinda like the ant farms we had as kids.

I'll start out with a bag of 750 and see if I can get them breeding. It's only 10 bucks so what's to loose.

Still love to hear anything you got.

I tried lady bugs...once. They didn't do much at all to get rid of the mites. And I found a ton of dead lady bugs in my bud after I harvested. I would find them when I was breaking the bud up to smoke. I tried lady bugs...once.

I did read that dead bugs can be a problem.

Just curious. Did you just release them into the garden? Or did you do the sponge water and little box house thing for them?

The pirate bugs i released in my grow for russet mites really helped. When the food source is gone they perish too. No worry about them running amuck in your house.

Latest posts

Back