Mites !!!!!!!!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well, I definitely still have mites..... except now, I can't tell the good mites from the bad mites. LOL

I just ordered a 1000 persimilis They are a definite red color and look very different than the 2-spotted. That last batch I bought was a mix of 5 different predator mites and most of them look a lot like the 2-spotted. LOL

I hate bugs. Hopefully, this will do the trick. 5 weeks until harvest.

Wanna see something gross.....

Skip to about 3:30. Is that big black one a 2-spotted? Or, is it one of my predator mites. He sure didn't eat that baby 2-spotted he ran into about halfway through the video.

This little cheapo USB cam makes a pretty nice video. When I get my fresh batch of predators this week, I film a battle scene. LMAO (I hope).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MvDnvbAQMvY&feature=youtu.be

Only a stoner who has a past with mites would sit here glued to not a fight scene.LOLOLOL

I am getting out my usb.

Anyone ever use Hot Shot No Pest Strips?

Someone suggested them but I remember reading something bad about them.

Anyone have experience with these?

Hmmmm? I sprayed some Azamax a couple days ago. Today, my beneficial mites arrived.

Will the residual Azamax kill my beneficial mites?

I just read the label,:cry: you can thank me later. lol

If i was in your situation I would turn off the lights and rinse my plants off and turn on the fans. When dry, i would add the beneficials.

That's just about what I did. I sprayed them just before lights out yesterday and released the beneficials today. Hopefully, it will help. If not, I'm going to loose this crop. The leaves are all speckled with mite bites and I have 4 weeks left until harvest.

Not good. I forgot just how devastating bugs can be.

Don't lose hope, the beneficials will help soon. Just a thought, i hate anything with neem in it. The oil sticks and I don't find it to be helpful.

4000 more beneficials arriving tomorrow. I have put about 10,000 predators in here and when I pick a leaf and view it, all I see are the 2-spotted.

I think the predators are afraid and hiding somewhere. LOL

I guess every cloud has a silver lining..... it seems the 2-spotted mites ate all the fungus gnats. Have not seen one since I got the mite problem. LOL

I feel like I am covered with mites all the time. My beard itches. LOL

OK, ladies, cover your ears for a minute.....

Let me say that after some deliberation and careful consideration, I have come to the conclusion that Persimilis are a bunch of pussies. LOL

OK, uncover your ears.... For a predator mite, they sure got their butt kicked by the 2-spotted. I saw ONE battle in 15 minutes, and the predator lost. The 2-spotted walked away after a first round K.O. You could see stars around the Persimilis head like a cartoon.

I got 4000 Persimilis today. Perky little devils. Nice batch and a terrific count. But.... holy cow!!! Are these mites supposed to be aggressive?

The video is kind of long (15 minutes) but it took me that long to find a "predator" that wasn't either hiding under a rock. Or, busy running from a 2-spotted.

And, these are supposed to KILL my mite problem??? Doubtful. LOL

They seem to co-habitat well with the 2-spotted, simply walking right over the top of the 2 spotted. Well, the small ones. The Persimilis went way around the big 2-spotteds. LOL

It seemed like they fought among themselves more than against the 2-spotted.

Maybe I just got a batch of Persimilis that just got home from a big Thanksgiving dinner and they were not hungry. LOL

It's bad enough that America is turning into a bunch of willy nilly's but..... predator mites??? Et Tu Brutus. LOL

https://youtu.be/5YFJ16ufZSE

Sorry for the poor quality. It's a little had-held cam and it's a little hard to hold steady at this magnification.
Ringodoggie is online now Add to Ringodoggie's Reputation Report Post

Reactions: zem
Well, I give up.

I have released over 10,000 predator mites and I am still infested with 2-spotted.

The Cinderella99 crop will be ready for harvest in about 2 weeks. Although most of the leaves are so speckled with mite bites that there is almost no green left, they still don't seem to be infesting into the buds. Lucky me :(

The veg crop of Grape Stomper are simply not going to recover. The mites are few and far between but they just won't go away completely. And, I know if I put these into the flower room, in 10 weeks, by the time they are mature, they will be totally infested.

Sux

Plus, I do a perpetual grow and this is going to ruin me until I shut down and clean. It will simply NEVER go away. It just passes on from crop to crop.

Right now, I have the C99 in the flower room 2 weeks from harvest.... infested.

In the veg room is a roomful of Grape Stomper and the Lemon OG Mommy... infested.

In the cone closet is my next crop consisting of 3 Med Tree CBD mother plants and 13 Lemon OG clones. These are not infested and show no signs of mites. I did release some predator mites in the clones last week just to make sure. I don't see any signs today.

So, if I want to keep the Lemon OG clones and the Med Tree CBD from getting mites, I need to harvest the C99, mulch the 16 Grape Stompers and clean up the veg and flower rooms. And, the sooner the better. The longer those rooms are dark and dry, the more bugs, eggs and gremlins that die off.

I'll wait for the Cindy to mature. It's only 2 weeks. But the next crop of Grape Stomper has to be dealt with right now. The first and best option is to mulch the entire room.

I do have other options.....

Dowse the entire operation in Azamax for a month and kill everything in a 2 mile radius.

Sorry, I ain't smokin' it after that. LOL I know there's arguments both ways. I have read many of them. And, ya know what..... I ain't smokin' it. LOL That's final. Sorry. LOL

The other option is soap.

Soap mixed with spices, soap mixed with this, soap mixed with that. I have read a lot of home remedies and most of them are soap... and something.

Every "Organic" or "clean" product is soap........... and something. LOL

And ya know what..... I ain't smokin' soap either. LMAO

Well, I might. LOL

These are still in veg stage and using soap now is no big deal. However, if it doesn't work 100%, I can't soap them again once they are in the flower room and flowering.

And, it's my guess that soap and ANYTHING is not going to work 100%.

If I could "dunk" them, I might try. But, I am pretty much stuck with spray. And, it's tough to get true 100% coverage with spray.

Tough decision.

I didn't really like the Grape Stomper's pine taste but my friends said it was some of the strongest pot they ever smoked.

I am really hot on trying the Med Tree CBD strain. After the 13 Lemon OG clones and the 3 Med Tree mommies mature, I'll have a batch of Med Tree clones ready for the flower room.

I am thinking that I would rather loose the crop of Stompers and guarantee the safety of the CBD plants that are coming up behind.

OK, I think I convinced myself...

/rant

Oh no, did you tear it all down? I am so sorry. I know the heartbreak. Please pick yourself up a gallon of Dr Zymes. It saved me last summer from russett mites. This makes me want to cry Hackerman. It would be so good if i could cuss right here. I am sorry. You are a good writer and man, you tried to get um..

I'm still sobbing. LOL That was hard.

The worse part is, my closet has mites, now. I found a few on the new clones. Nothing on the Med Tree yet. I ordered another 2000 predators. Since the clones are still under domes, the predators should work quite well. 80F and 90% RH.

I harvest the Cindy in less than 2 weeks. After that, I'm going to scrub everything down. Then, all I have are 16 small Solo cups to deal with.

I hate to do it, but if I have to dunk them in DDT, I'm going to kill those little buggers. At least, while they're this size, the plants are manageable.

I just wanted to update this a little because I am so amazed.

I finally harvested this run of Cinderella99 (took a week longer to mature than all my other grows of this same strain (odd)?

Anyway, while I was harvesting the Cindy, I was looking for mites to see just how bad this was going to be. Much to my surprise I found almost no mites. And, better yet, I found some persimilis that were still wandering around looking for 2-spotters to eat. LOL

The predator mites did an amazing job. I'll never spray anything again. Just thought I would pass this on to anyone who has never tried predators. Hopefully, I'll never have mites again but if I do...... predators. :)

Latest posts

Back