Golfers 2nd NL auto in soil w/LED

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here she is on Day 70!

How does she look? I was going to give one more feeding Friday and two watering only next week and harvest - about 9 days from now. Decided no more feeding. She looks really dark green and some yellow tips - plenty of nutes. I'm going to flush the next few waterings and harvest in 9 days.

I threw 2 more of my Haze seeds into water. I'm losing hope that the one in the paper towels for 7 days is going to pop soon.

Got a little routine now, every couple of days I snip a nice little bud off and start it drying. Even though they haven't cured, they're dried well enough yet they still taste really good

I am skipping the 48 hrs in the dark. I did the last two in the dark and based on reading, I'm going to not do it this time.

View attachment Grow 2 Day 69 2.jpg

Instead of feeding I decided to flush. Noticed the yellow tips and didn't think feeding more was a good idea. Plan is to do the flush two more times and harvest in about a week.

Question. What is the recommended timing of harvest relative to the last watering? Should I let her go very dry before harvest?

Here are a couple of pictures. For those wondering, the old style Mars 300w LED is only about 4" from the top cola. I try to rotate her within the tent so there is a spectrum mix. I asked a while back about how to keep that cola from hitting the light but turns out I didn't need to do anything. She just focused on flowering and stopped getting taller.

The haze seed hasn't popped and I just did two more and they're in paper towels. If these two don't pop then I must have left them in the water too long. Exceeded the 14hrs by a couple hours.

View attachment Grow 2 Day 71 days in tent.jpg

View attachment Grow 2 Day 71 days buds.jpg

Another solid water tonight. The run off has very little color in it any more. Going to 'flush' with 3 gal of water on Thur night and cut her down Friday night.

I couldn't hold back today and clipped one of the bigger 'small' buds off. Took a couple of pictures and here are the close ups of the trichomes.

I've got a question about trimming of the buds. I'm going to have 7 real big colas that I will cut the entire branch and hang the entire bud for them to dry.

When it's time to put into the jar for curing, how do you break of these big buds? Do I pull them apart? I know this won't be like the first grow with all popcorn buds. I guess I'll find out more once they dry and I found out their true size.

I weighed the bud in the pic and it was about 7 grams - not bad for a small bud. I'm thinking I will definitely have more than an ounce here. Getting excited :vap-Bong_smoker:

View attachment Grow 2 Day 74 close bud.jpg

View attachment Grow 2 Day 74 close buds.jpg

View attachment Grow 2 Day 74 close up.JPG

While I'm browsing the threads and seeing all these pictures, I ran out and took some close ups. You can see more yellow leaves as she has been watered/flushed well the last two times. Final water tomorrow night. Trichomes look very cloudy and might even see a few amber. Smells great, looking great.

Enjoy the photos!

I've got 4 Haze Extreme seeds trying to pop. I screwed up the first three by soaking 20-22 hours. The last one I soaked 14 hours. So far - nothing. 1 seeds been going for 10 days. 2 going on day 4 and the other just went into paper towel yesterday. 0 for 4 isn't fun. I was 3 for 3 with the NL Auto. Are certain strains pickier on popping?

View attachment Grow 2 Day 76 bud.jpg

View attachment Grow 2 Day 76 bud1.jpg

View attachment Grow 2 Day 76 bud trich.jpg

Decided not to water tonight and just harvest tomorrow. She still felt a bit damp. She's 11 weeks old today.

Harvest is complete! Turned out well. Spent about 2 hrs in the garage, buzzed and listening to Classic Vinyl on Sirius. Appropriately, Lucky Man by ELP sounded really great as I enjoyed the harvesting!

This might be a bit wordy post, so bear with me.

Started by trimming all the main branches and left the main cola. I took of picture of her last stand! I put all the trimmed leaf in a bag to freeze. Tossed some of the small buds in with the trim for bubbling and by the time I got down to the ‘tiny’ pile, I was just cutting them into the bag. I was getting tired. The scissors and fingers – very sticky. Lucky was appropriate again as in not cutting my fingers. Came close.

I then trimmed the outside colas of all the smaller buds. I was left with 8 really large colas, a handful of decent sized buds and another two handfuls of small buds.
I put all the small buds on this set up you’ll see below. I didn’t have a screen so I used a gutter guard with holes that’s a little elevated for air flow. They’ll be in the tent in the dark with the fans going inside (though not directly on all the small buds). The plan is to toss them around a little twice a day so they dry out.

The 8 main colas I brought inside and washed. I read a few posts about washing and using 3 buckets and RO water, baking soda and lime. Downside is - that was all I did was read the posts :p I just put some filtered water in a plastic container and then shook each bud vigorously for about 20 seconds. Laid them on paper towels. Then lightly patted dry with more paper towels. Figured it was better than nothing.

The macro photos I took were after the washing and pat dry and the trichomes still look pretty intact.

I hung the 8 colas in the closet that has a small fan moving the air around gently.
Hopefully I haven’t screwed anything up. If I’m making a big mistake – let me know. The plan is when I can ‘snap’ a bud off the cola I will move from drying to trimming into buds to go cure.

Any good tips for cleaning the scissors?

Getting some White Widow fem and Jack Herer AutoFem. Hoping to get something going soon because I don’t think I can do a grow in the depths of winter.

View attachment Grow 2 Day Day 78 harvest.jpg

View attachment Grow 2 Day 78 cola.jpg

View attachment Grow 2 Day 78 trimmed.jpg

View attachment Grow 2 Day 78 big buds towels.jpg

View attachment Grow 2 Day 78 big buds lying.jpg

Damn golfer they look great! I'm not much help on the advice you seek, but green mojo your way!!

I'm happy to report she is done drying and has gone into jars for curing The RH in the jar right now is 68-70 so I'm leaving the lid off for a bit then back on and off until we get to around 60-62. If I'm careful, I won't run out before the next harvest.

Ended up with about 70 grams or about 23 grams per jar. I would have been happy with an ounce of good bud. All three jars have great buds in them.

The wife smoked some and liked it. Said it smells piney. Smells pretty good to me. It's a nice indica high with a slight bit of sleepy/chill.

I'm enjoying it for when I get home from work or after a round of golf. (don't get me wrong - I smoke it any other time too)

I'm not as motivated to post when I have nothing growing. I could have started another NL or tried one of my 3 Haze (that 4 didn't pop) but I'm waiting on my CKS Jack Herer auto and White Widow fem to come. Going to go with Jack because I really want a sativa strain and I want to get done (if possible) before Feb. I'm not sure how the grow will go in the garage during the winter. I also expect it to need a week or two longer than the NL.

Here are some pics. My buddy stuck her nose into the picture Seems very interested

Thank you everyone for your help - even if you didn't post here. I'm getting your help from all your journals

View attachment Grow 2 a.jpg

View attachment Grow 2 b.jpg

View attachment Grow 2 c.jpg

View attachment Grow 2 in Jars.jpg

Latest posts

Back