Long time reader, first time poster. . .

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hello MP,
I want to start off by saying thanks to many of amazing growers here thay have been a wealth of knowledge to me over the years. I found this forum over 8yrs ago while funds were tight due to the Mrs being pregnant and just purchasing my first home. After a couple months of reading many post here and the inability to continue shelling out $20 a gram I decided to take a shot at growing my own and have never lookes back. What began as a way to "smoke for less" had grown into so much more! Growing for me has turned into more of a therapy of sorts . . . there's nothing like firing up fatty and tending to my ladies to wash away the stress of the day. Figured thanks was well overdue for all the knowledge and wisdom this site has offered over the years.

Well what a nice introduction. Glad you came out of the shadows. Lots of us share your passion and understand the therapy that growing provides.. As others have said pot isn't addictive but growing it is. Happy to have you here.

I would say welcome but it seems that you have been here a while :) glad to have you posting here with us

Thanks for the welcome all. I've been a soil grower from the beginning using pretty much Fox Farm products due to being very limited on what I have access locally. I've had great results over the years using Ocean Forest and 5 gallon buckets, but over the last 6 months I have transitioned over to a hydro setup mainly out of curiosity and a new challange. My results thus far have been very sub par IMO . . . small root mass and low yields in comparison to my soil grows. My current setup consist of 3 400w HPS, 2 ebb n flow tables(20gal. totes for each table) and a 20 gal. Dwc tote. My room condiotins are dialed in with no changes from my soil grows other than the humidity being slightly higher due to the obvious which I eliminated with a dehumidifier. I plan to start a journal here soon to get some input because I believe my issue is with my grow medium/flood zone.

Welcome to the MP.
Glad you joined our party. Yes its a party here. Well you know that. The grow therapy you mentioned. I also realize that. The grow helps with my disabilities. Just like the medicine does. The satisfaction of making your own. Smoking your own. Makes it more special all around. Growing my plant helps with a lot of my issues. Don't forget to talk to your plant. They enjoy that. They will reward you even more for it. Happy to have you here.

I am so glad you have decided to join the conversations. I also find gardening very relaxing and therapeutic. I will watch for your journal. We have a lot of excellent growers here who can help you out. I do not use ebb and flow (I had the same problems as you so maybe I can learn something along with you), but am quite fond of DWC.

I'm open to learning new ways of growing as well. As long as I can fit it into my 4x4 space to grow. :vap-leafy_wave:

Latest posts

Back