Pollenating & Flowering Under Floros

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

docfishwrinkle

Reaction score
can u successfully flower a pollenated fem under floros or do you need the high intensity? reason 4 asking is i don't want to have any pollen near my flower room, but would like to get some seeds.

You can do everything under CFLs but you will not get great yield unless you go into a CFL mania and buy 20 of them for a small grow room.

why not just take the flowering plant out of the room when pollinating? then set her back in. just a thought, at least this way its not likely to pollinate the others.

Or just scrape some pollen off the male and jar it. then take a paint brush and paint away on her (that sounds sexy). have seen this done many times on youtube.

Cornellius said:
You can do everything under CFLs but you will not get great yield unless you go into a CFL mania and buy 20 of them for a small grow room.
just want to get seeds not bud, i want to pollenate whole plant.

Cornellius said:

....and even then, not the same results as an HPS. I ran 24-27 watt, and 6-45 watt cfls. Heat and ventilation with a contraption like that is more of a problem than with a 600 watt hps.

Regarding your question, doc, imo..don't see why you couldnt if you just want seeds, it won't effect the genetics whichever way it is flowered.
Good luck ;)

LowRider said:
why not just take the flowering plant out of the room when pollinating? then set her back in. just a thought, at least this way its not likely to pollinate the others.

Or just scrape some pollen off the male and jar it. then take a paint brush and paint away on her (that sounds sexy). have seen this done many times on youtube.
b/c w/ this future grow my whole room will be a scrog so im hoping any left over fems i can pollenate in my veg tent & flower through whole cycle (1 male & 1 fem). my current grow have found couple seeds & i was extremely careful to remove males b/4 bananas even popped & still havent found hermie so im leary bout puttin any pollen around room

hey man

check out the thread, "selective pollenation" in the cultivation section. looks like what your after,
thanks again king kahuna

brushybill said:
hey man

check out the thread, "selective pollenation" in the cultivation section. looks like what your after,
thanks again king kahuna
thanks brushybill & actually ive read this & numberous threads like this one. i just want to know (thanks littlenode) if its possible 2 do as originally stated cause i want to pollenate WHOLE PLANT.

check out my grow journal i only have 5 23 watts and 1 soft white flouro and its growing pretty juicy nugs for how small the plants are... why would you even buy that many CFLs littlenode im pretty sure you coulda bought another HPS for the prics of all them, CFLS work great for smaller scale grows, on low budgets... they do make 150 watt cfls they sell on a couple hydro online stores for about 50 bucks or 110 with a reflector im thinkin of getin some of them...

Doc- the simple answer is yes!!! You may want to collect the pollen and apply it to all the bud sites rather than let it occur naturally. You will get seeds!

BBFan said:
Doc- the simple answer is yes!!! You may want to collect the pollen and apply it to all the bud sites rather than let it occur naturally. You will get seeds!
yes i was going to help the process along thanks just needed to make sure that hid wasnt playing a role in more seed production than if you go floros.

you can pollenate a fem and get enough flower to yield plenty of seeds.I will be doing the same thing too.just use 6 warm white 4' 32-40w T8's or T12's and it should work just fine

docfishwrinkle said:
thanks brushybill & actually ive read this & numberous threads like this one. i just want to know (thanks littlenode) if its possible 2 do as originally stated cause i want to pollenate WHOLE PLANT.

Yes you can, but I do not know why you seem so intent on pollinating the whole plant. A whole plant that is seeded will give you thousands of seeds. Pollinating a branch will give you hundreds. Maybe it's me, but I have found that old seeds do not geminate nearly as successfully as fresher seeds.

When breeding for seedes, take your best and strongest female and male to produce seeds.

Latest posts

Back