Pale to yellow culed down seedling

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

platii

Reaction score
Hello everyone,

i am having real proplem getting my plant to start, starting from germination and so on. Now finally i got the plant start and break the surface. from the begining the plant was not doing as expected. The leaves and kinda pointy, curled down,and not open as healthy leaves, it is pale green like as it is gonna turn to yellow, now the edge of the main tip turned to dark brown, and light brown 1 or 2 spots in the center of the leaf now it is only one leave with the spots but more leaves with brown main tip (the very far of the stem). I am gowing outside because it didnt start inside. it is sunny here and temp is 35C. also i dont know what is the history of the soil it is old find it outside but i am sure it used to be a bag soil not dirt from the backyard. I have no idea what is the ph of the soil because i couldnt find a tester here. i water with tab water which is 6.3-7.0. i know i am going through hell because of lack of equipment and soil but that what i got around , i am in the middle of nowhere. i want troublshoting based on the pictures because i know it would help knowing what is going on but this is what i got and i have to deal with it if i would succeed. note: the seeds are from a good dutch seeds bank.
any help to save them will be high appreciated.
sadcrying.gif

E-indoor or outdoor/outdoor
E-soil, soilless, coco, aero, or hydroponic/soil
E-specific medium/ unknown old potting soil
CSL-Soil type/brand/ unknowen(regular but old very old)
SCL-Anything you have added to the soil/ none only tab water
SCLR-Soil or slab runoff pH/ unknown
E-Water source/ tab water
E-Source water pH/ 6.3-7.0
E-Age of plant/ 16 days from poping the soil.
E-Type of fertilizer/ none
E-Lighting source and distance from plant/ outside very strong sun area of the world.
E-Air temperature (both day and night if you are running a dark period) 20C-35C
E-Air % Relative humidity/40%-60%
E-Type of ventilation your room has/ outside grow no shades on plant
TR-Did you pre-soak your media in pH corrected solution? no but flushed

curly brown edge.jpg

IMG0010A.JPG

IMG0004b.JPG

Maybe that old soil had something in it? They look terrible, I would get them into some good soil asap! If you are using tap water, are you letting it set out to get the chlorine out? Or if it is city water it could have chloromine in it that you will need a special chemical to get it out. Something needs to happen soon, or those kids aren't going to make it!

i will search for new soil this weekend. and yes I let the tab water to sit min 24 hours before watering. i will keep posting for the progress.

Latest posts

Back