Numero Uno

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
They will do great under hps, just the mh is strong for babies, but yours are tough.

They're certainly tough, but four of the five gave me a worry at the start! Next time I know not to have the light so close. This really is a hell of a learning experience.

Oh my gosh, you have no idea the drama that can play out in a grow... It can go smooth but most often there is one issue or another.

Oh my gosh, you have no idea the drama that can play out in a grow... It can go smooth but most often there is one issue or another.

I believe it! And I've seen some journals where things went HORRIBLY wrong. Hopefully this one goes smoothly for the remainder. And I actually found somewhere that carries FF. Going to pick some up this afternoon. I'll post again after I transplant.

You are going to love that dirt. seriously! your grow just got a whole lot easier.

You are going to love that dirt. seriously! your grow just got a whole lot easier.

I hope so! I finished the transplants last night. All five of them initially showed a fair bit of stress; you can still see some of it remains. But they're all looking much better now than they did right after the transplant.

View attachment IMG_1009.jpg

View attachment IMG_1010.jpg

View attachment IMG_1011.jpg

View attachment IMG_1012.jpg

View attachment IMG_1013.jpg

View attachment IMG_1014.jpg

Those are the magical things that say.. IT'S A GIRL!! :D

Yes, these are preflower's also known as "pistols". Between this, and alternating nodes you'll see your plant is ready and willing to blast off when you figure out when yourself. But, it's a girl and she's letting you know she's sexually mature! :aok: Congrats.

Whoohoo! Thanks guys! Now I wait for the other four to do the same. :D

Alrighty, so...

Sunday I transplanted all five into five-gallon buckets with FFOF. I've got pistils showing on one auto and on the PP. My question to all of you is: is it alright to keep the light 24/0 until I'm ready to flip the PP, since I know the autos will do their own thing regardless?

The PP is the only one that appears stocky/bushy. I'm honestly disappointed in the autos and I can guarantee that next time will be all PP.

View attachment IMG_1067.jpg

View attachment IMG_1070.jpg

View attachment IMG_1071.jpg

I loathe autos.. and your PP looks wonderful! :aok:

is it alright to keep the light 24/0 until I'm ready to flip the PP, since I know the autos will do their own thing regardless?

Yes, you can keep a plant under 24/0 forever if you want, without it flowering :D The pistols coming out are showing you that your plant is mature and "ready whenever you are" to take it to the next level (you stud, you)

:D

Gratz on good "dirt" and the appearance of a female, wishing you the best luck for your grow :aok:

Thanks, guys & girls! I'll post more in a couple days as they progress.

I lied. I'm posting again because I've got a question that I'm sure will get different answers, so I want to get those and decide.

Should I go ahead and flip as soon as I've got pistils? Or should I wait until my PP is at a certain height? It's about 10" right now and barely showing pistils. Would this be too soon? If I flipped now would I end up with just a few grams?

7 foot ceiling in that tent and 5 plants? Now, 1 is photoperiod and 4 are auto's or 4 are photo and 1 is auto? I hope the second, because your photo's will drill out your auto in your space. Also, that's a 2x2 right? With 5 in it? Yeah, don't do any topping!! hah. And since you have 5 in that small space, you may want to flip early just for that reason. I'm not very great at running multiple single stalk plants...I'm more of an "open it up and run less numbers" kind of guy.

If you're at 10" with 5 plants in a 2x2x7 I would probably flip around 12" ? Anyone else have thoughts on this?

I never flipped my girls till they were about 18" tall. They can triple in size so i tried to keep mine around 4ft in my Growroom.

Latest posts

Back