Organic journey of two satori clones

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

next

Reaction score
Hey guys and gals,

This will be an organic journey for two satori clones. They are sitting in 5 gal roots pots, 3 parts promix/1 part ewc/1 part perlite, amended with azomite, glacial rock dust, gypsum, greensand, alfalfa, neem cake, kelp meal, bone meal, blood meal, and some dolomite lime.

I rooted them in a bubble cloner, and potted them into 473ml pots full of 75% promix 25% ewc. I also applied a top dressing of fresh ewc to one plant, and buffaloam compost to the other as soon as they were planted.

They started out under fluorescent lights, then they were moved to the tent under LED's.

It was a bit of a rough start for them, had quite a bit of shock / root boundness / lack of nutes when they first got put inside the tent, but once they got moved into the large 5gal pots with amended soil things took a 100% turn around. This should be a real journal now.. shouldn't be much to update on considering it will hopefully be a water only grow. But I will post pics and let u know whats goin on.

Thanks MP, for giving me a place to share my grow.

I hope you have a successful grow Next. Please remember Satori is a light feeder. Greenest of mojo to you.

Heres a quick pic of them.

The one on the left is Ernie (top dressed with EWC)
The one on the right is Bert (top dressed with Buffaloam compost) *edited names* :D

They are going to need to be repotted asap. My nutrient rich soil isn't ready yet, so I was thinking about putting them in pro-mix cut with EWC and or the Buffaloam compost - to get them thru the next 3 weeks.

I think my plan for nutes at this point, will be to use the fish emulsion 5-1-1 every third feeding.

View attachment 20150626_092153.jpg

View attachment 20150626_092221.jpg

Looks good next. Have you had a lot of experience with the fish emulsion? I use it with flowers around the house.
English ivy absolutely loves it!!!

Hey gantt,

Not much experience with it, but I did use it occasionally on my last grow and it went alright. I also used it on the house plants and they loved it.

Have you used it on MJ before?

I did. Remember though, my first and only grow lasted for about 5 weeks or so. Maybe a little longer. Just as my girls was really starting to get good size I pulled the plug. Outdoor grow and all. But they seemed to like it.

Thankyou all for the Mojo, muchly appreciated.

Heya Mebeafarmer, I keep hearing great things about this Satori. My last attempt at growing her was.. a failure, but a pleasure all at the same time. Lets have a puff to these ones flourishing! :ccc:

Transplanted into 1/2 gal containers. 4parts pro-mix 1part ewc.

Bert
View attachment 20150627_110600.jpg
Ernie
View attachment 20150627_110555.jpg

Attachments

• 20150627_110621.jpg
    91.8 KB · Views: 275
Hey MebeaFarmer,

I was trying and planing on up-potting them until my amended soil is ready so I can move into 5 gal smart pots and attempt a water only grow.

They very much appreciated the larger pot, im tempted to put them in the tent with the led's but nervous at the same time. They seem so happy under the fluorescent light.

Here is Bert
View attachment 20150630_212749.jpg
And here is Ernie
View attachment 20150630_212729.jpg
View attachment 20150630_212643.jpg

I watered them today with pure r/o water, their first watering since the repotting. I pre-wet the soil before I transplanted, but never watered them. It still took a few days for them to dry out.

Was thinking bout doing some lst on them, they are already quite tall. I don't like the scrawny 8" of lower stem that they have, so I think I will try and bend them over at about 4" off the ground then trim everything below the 4" mark and hope for the best.

Hey Rose, glad your keeping an eye on me. What do ya thinkk I should top them? Or tie them down into pretty little bonsai tree's?

Hey there MP,

It's into the tent for these girls, they are now chilling under two mars led reflector panels in a tent that is roughly 2x4, but actually works out to 9sq feet.

576 total led watts, not draw wattage. I also have a 45watt cfl in the tent to help keep temps up, and make it easier on my eyes as well.

I gave the tent a good cleaning, temps are sitting at 79.3' with 49% humidity.

They've had no fan's or airflow of any kind to speak of since they grew roots, so they are getting blown around a little inside the tent. With the increase of airflow they should drink alot more too. Excited to see what happens next!

View attachment 20150701_215842.jpg

View attachment 20150701_215912.jpg

**edit, figured while I was in there I might as well do some snipping, so I cut the bottom 4 spindly branches off each plant**

View attachment 20150701_223831.jpg

View attachment 20150701_223813.jpg

I'll give them a few days to recover, and probly start lst training them next watering.
Thanks for looking :smoke1:

Little bit of taco leaves this morning, after spending the night in the tent.. they must be adjusting to the windy tent. Look happy happy happy so far.

These look more like a Satori to you THG? - learned some lessons from the last one.

The plant I took these cuttings from had alot of Whorled Phyllotaxy, kinda hoping these will have it too. She had a few branch sets that were growing 4 at a time, instead of alternating single branches, it was popping out 4 branches a set.

View attachment 20150702_091545.jpg

View attachment 20150702_091506.jpg

Couldn't help myself.. I tied them down, they have 9sq feet of surface area to fill, but only about 3.5 - 4 feet of height. Cheers to two more Satori Bonsai's.

Tent's been sitting at 76.8 - 79.5 degree's with 41% - 50% humidity, lights are 20" from the plants.

Attachments

• 20150702_212910.jpg
    122.7 KB · Views: 250
Whoa Next you have this plant in two different threads, and now knowing what strain this is, my advice is invalid in the other thread you started. Please try to keep it in one thread. Satori, although I have never grown it, I have been told is a very light feeder. Rose or THG would better be able to guide you Next, I still think she has her feet wet and she does not like that for sure. What is your feeding schedule, what are you feeding her, what ppm and ph are you putting in the pot. What soil are you running, how old is she, and what is the pH of your run off. They will need the answers to these questions Next, good luck and green mojo, satori is finicky, I'm working on getting some myself.

Not much to say really.. its all here in the journal. I put her up in the infirmary section to get more views, not many people check on the grow logs.

1/2 dose fish emulsion on the 22nd

repotted on the 26th - promix / 25% ewc

plain r/o water on the 30th

They needed water when I posted the pics, planned on feeding every third watering, but due to unhappy plant I opted for another 1/2 dose fish emulsion.

I blame my tent, what or why, I don't know, but I blame the tent. I had fish filter stuffed in the intakes, pulled that out just incase it was releasing some voc's, but i doubt it. It appears these are going to face the same fate as the sweet cheese

Hmmm next I sure dunno, your feeding pro mix (a soiless medium) organics (Fish Emulsion) so I'm confused. How well has this worked for you in the past, have you had any problems like this before using this medium and organic's? Hopefully we can get this figured out quickly, sure would hate for you to loose such fine genetics bro.

Ive done 4 grows with the pro-mix ewc and earth juice nutes. It worked out alright.

The last grow I tried, hate to say it, started looking alot like this, then they died.

Very tempted to switch to the synthetic side, never had problems until I started trying to play the organic field.

flush with ph'd tap water and say goodbye to RO water for ever?

looks like calcium or something to me

*edit* maybe not apparently fish emulsion has cal / mag in it

"Fish emulsion is, however, one of the premier organic fertilizers, having an N-P-K that ranges between 2-4-0 and 5-1-1. In vegetable gardening it is my product of choice when older leaves start turning yellow, indicating nitrogen deficiency.

N-P-K is an analysis of the fertilizer’s relative weights of Nitrogen (N), Phosphorus (P), and Potassium (K). For example, a hundred pounds dry weight of 5-1-1 fish emulsion would contain 5 pounds Nitrogen (N), 1 pound Phosphorus (P), and 1 pound Potassium (K).

Fish fertilizer is used primarily for its nitrogen content, but it is also helpful as a mineral supplement, since it contains appreciable amounts of Calcium (Ca), Magnesium (Mg), Sulfur (S), Chlorine (Cl) and Sodium (Na).

It also helps the microflora of the soil, feeding beneficial bacteria and contributing to improved soil structure."

Latest posts

Back