How Do You Make Stem Tea?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dr.Greenlung

Reaction score
Me and a bud want to make stem-tea. Clearly there are many experienced people with a lot of knowledge so that would be very helpful for two 18 year old stoners!

ALL responses would be helpful thanks...

I've never heard of it being made from stems. You can make if from leaves and bud.....

The absolute simplest recipe I can think of is. Gets some bud, boil some water, then pour the water over the bud (don't boil it in), then let it seep for awhile. If you want a good potency people suggest using Vodka or butter. I havn't tried it with either so I can say if it makes it better or not.

I just like a good flavored tea....

THC is oil and alcohol soluable, meaning if there isn't alcohol and/or oil present, you won't get high.
You could eat a 1/2 oz. of the finest ganja--you won't get high.
Unless you ingest it with alcohol or oil, and I don't mean washing a bud down with a shot of whiskey. Using alcohol you must steep the bud, with oil you must heat it.

Stems have very low THC content.
Stem tea (boiling stems in water) WILL NOT get you high. I've heard making a tea from the leaves has healing properties though.

I agree. This is pointless, as you'd need WAY more stems than you could fit in the pot. Leaves or Bud will work, as a medicinal recipe.

There are many other cannabinoids in the plant, some of which *are* water-soluble, and they may have a minor hypnotic/sedative effect on you, resulting in a change of headspace. If you're a pothead, though, you probably won't notice it at all.

CBD, CBC, and CBG are three of the primary cannabinoids aside from THC. They have tons of positive/healing effects, and I believe CBG and CBD have antibacterial/antiviral effects. In addition, they help to relieve intraocular pressure, and have antiepileptic and antidystonic effects. They have mild sedative/hypnotic effects, but as I said, probably wouldn't be noticeable to someone who uses very frequently.

Since THC is fat soluble you could mix a couple of grams of cannabis with a small amount of butter and high-fat milk (whole milk?) in a small pan, and then put that milk/butter mixture into your tea. Alternatively, you could just use high-fat cream, but I personally CAN'T STAND CREAM in my tea.

I think the best course of action is to make yourself a nice mint or chamomile tea, and have it with toast. And by toast, I mean toast with butter. And by butter, I mean the aforementioned butter that has been prepared with a few grams of wonder-weed.

Wow transcend your just a regular "Bill Nye the Science Guy" thats cool, kudos for the awesome post....by the way do you have an exact recipe for ganja butter or a link to get one....Thanks

how much weed should you use for like 12ounces of water...and also more importantly how much alcohol?...doy ou just mix alcohol and water together boil it and add the weed and then remove the weed and then drink?...sorry i know this is a crazy post but last question...can you put ice in the water/alcohol when its done and drink it cold..i would LOVE to be able to sit there and drink somethjing that gets me high right in front of everyone...maybe even in my summer school class.lol!

i guess you could put it over ice and drink it, i would add flavor to it like add a redbull. OMG what a rush that would be.

RossAlexander said:
how much weed should you use for like 12ounces of water...and also more importantly how much alcohol?...doy ou just mix alcohol and water together boil it and add the weed and then remove the weed and then drink?...sorry i know this is a crazy post but last question...can you put ice in the water/alcohol when its done and drink it cold..i would LOVE to be able to sit there and drink somethjing that gets me high right in front of everyone...maybe even in my summer school class.lol!
Hey, don't be heating an alcohol mix. Read the directions in the "What's Cooking" part of the forum. If you put alcohol on heat, you might be in the burn clinic for a few years or dead. Go to the nearest hospital and stand in the hallway of the burn ward for a few hours. YOU NEVER WANT TO BE IN ONE OF THOSE ROOMS. LOTS OF PAIN INDUCED SCREAMING IS DONE IN THEM.

Think before using flammable liquids near or on ANY kind of heat.

The directions for making oil are clear and precise as listed in one of Bro Grunts posts in that area. He even supplied pics.

The alcohol is evaporated off at ambient temperatures AND AWAY FROM ANY SOURCE OF HEAT OR FLAME before consuming the oil unless your making a drinkable mix. Then, you use a DRINKABLE TYPE OF ALCOHOL. Like vodka. You STILL DON'T HEAT IT. Drink some ISO and you'll be dead as well.

Please, everyone slow the hell down and read the instructions before someone kills themselves.

Also, of the student population in schools that have "Summer School Classes, there are only a very small percentage of people who are above the age of 18 who would be attending "summer school, which is an age requirement on this group. Anyone who refers to belonging to something that is mostly made up of under age people on this group isn't doing something smart.

I'll take it that you ARE over 18 as you said you were when you signed up to this group. If you aren't, you have to leave.

Chill out StoneyBud...I'm 21. College has summer-school too. This forum is totally awesome, and I get on it everyday, but sometimes people can be a little uptight. I don't want to get on your bad side stoneybud (because you're a moderator). Why is it ok for someone else on here to make a joke saying "i killed my kids when they turned 16 so i wouldn't have to pay car insurance" but its not ok for me to joke and say i want to drink herb-tea in my summer school class. I'm not really going to, and I really don't think anyone else gave a shit except you. I'm sure that Leo is going to track me down for saying it would be funny if i drank tea in my summer school class, while, at the same time there are people growing shitloads of marijuana in their homes. And, they are discussing it freely on this forum. First of all, that is my own business if I do that, secondly it was like 50% a joke because I'll never waste the bud or time to make it but I was curious on how one actually goes about making it. Smoke some herb and chill.

RossAlexander said:
Chill out StoneyBud...I'm 21. College has summer-school too. This forum is totally awesome, and I get on it everyday, but sometimes people can be a little uptight. I don't want to get on your bad side stoneybud (because you're a moderator). Why is it ok for someone else on here to make a joke saying "i killed my kids when they turned 16 so i wouldn't have to pay car insurance" but its not ok for me to joke and say i want to drink herb-tea in my summer school class. I'm not really going to, and I really don't think anyone else gave a shit except you. I'm sure that Leo is going to track me down for saying it would be funny if i drank tea in my summer school class, while, at the same time there are people growing shitloads of marijuana in their homes. And, they are discussing it freely on this forum. First of all, that is my own business if I do that, secondly it was like 50% a joke because I'll never waste the bud or time to make it but I was curious on how one actually goes about making it. Smoke some herb and chill.
Hey man, you mentioned boiling alcohol. That can kill someone. I don't want you or anyone else getting killed trying to get high. That's why I got upset. Some people on the group might actually think it was something to do. I just wanted to make sure the danger was understood. Getting burned scares the hell outta me. If that offends you, I'm sorry.

As for your drinking anything you want to drink in your school classes, I don't care what you do man. I sure didn't mean to give you the impression that I did. You can drink a gallon of everclear every day in class. I couldn't care less. Again, sorry if you thought I was knocking you for doing so. It's none of my business what you do, you're right.

As for the summer school thing, I've grown very paranoid about kids being on this group. I never want to be the reason some kid hurts themselves or gets put in jail. I really didn't think of the summer college classes. Again, I'm sorry.

I don't want you getting pissed off at me either. I'm here to have a good time as you are. All of the Mod's on this group were first just fellow stoners who wandered in here to have fun with others just like em. All of us Mod's love this group man. That's why we try to help keep it cool for everyone. It wasn't the paycheck that doesn't come with it.

If you go to most other groups like this, you'll see the place is rampant with real youngins raisin hell, cussing like crazy with foul stuff no matter who might be reading it. Flame wars daily. All kinds of wierd stuff.

Not here. It's a polite place. Nobody gets picked on by anyone here. No flame wars. No bad mouthing.

Just a good time had by all! We all like getting high and having fun.

Please understand that if some kid WAS on this group and saw someone say you can boil alcohol to make hash oil with, they might try it without thinking about getting burned or killed when the shit blew up in their face.

That was the image in my mind when I read your post.

No insult intended man. I don't want to get on your bad side, (because you seem to be an ok person).

I hope you understand the position I'm in. As a Moderator on this group, I have to try to make sure everything is as it should be.

The burning thing really does scare the shit outta me man. I've been to a burn ward once. Never again. It gave me nightmares for years. That's why I freaked when I saw the words ALCOHOL and BOILING in the same sentence. I was picturing a big fireball in someones kitchen.

Yes, I flinched when I read the "I killed my kids" thing, but it was so obviously a joke, I didn't think anyone would take insult to it. By your reaction, I'd say I was wrong. If you were insulted by it enough to refer to it here, then others may also have been insulted by it. I'll remember that if it's ever repeated. Thanks for pointing that out to me.

If I was right ALL the time, it would get boring man. ha!

You be cool too and I'll see you around the forum.

Hey you know what....both of you are right. Stoney, that was very well explained, and Ross remember that Stoney is just looking out for all of us...Ross we have talked before on the forum and I know your a good guy, Stoney we all know your a good guy...you both made great points and I think this was a great addition to this thread...people need to know not to just try anything they read on the net without getting more info on it....Anyhow, Peace Out and GG

DillaWilla said:
Hey you know what....both of you are right.
DW, you know they have a corner office in the UN on the 75th floor waiting on you man.

Whatever you're doing now, you should go put in an app there man!

You're a born diplomat. I'll bet you do that all the time in your real life don't you?

My best of luck to you man.

That is so funny you just said that Stoney, I just posted on another thread where a poster was talking about how his girlfriend was smoking herb and it was ruining there relationship. I had to diffuse some tention there as well...Whats even more funny man is that you pretty much hit the nail right on the head...I am not a diplomat or anything but my job does entail alot of mediating in a non-bias way...Hey man I am like you, I love this forum and I am just trying to make it better and add some light to an otherwise dark world...You too are a beacon of light man, keep it up...Peace Out and Bless

Hey Stoney, you're right and Dilla is right that was very well explained. I wasn't thinking ahead, and you reacted very maturely. Thanks for not getting upset with my stupid reaction. You are all good guys here, especially you two, Stoney and Dilla. Again, I'm sorry and thank you both.

I decided to give this a try. I boiled the water and added it to my 10% cream and shake mixture then I let it steep for 10 minutes. This was leaf though not stem, and the leaf was real crystally. I drank the tea and the buzz took about 30 mins or so to kick in, then it was a nice mellow buz that lasted me the rest of the day it seemed. Give it a try.

could you just boil whole milk with the buds/leaves and make hot coco or something?

afromage5000 said:
could you just boil whole milk with the buds/leaves and make hot coco or something?
You guys need to keep something in mind. Any temperature above 100 degrees causes THC to degrade. The more it boils, the less active THC you'll have.

If you boil it long enough, you'll have a nice cup of hot chocolate, but it won't get a mouse high.

EEEEEasy with all that heat on THC.

The reason the alcohol thing works so well is no heat should be used. Natural evaporation is what you want to have all the THC stay.

Good luck to you!

Latest posts

Back