Starting seeds

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
getnasty said:
How long after the taproot grows does the stem begin to grow?

couldnt really tell you, i would say around 2 inches, once it emerges from the soil the cotyldons should of broke out of the seed and begin growing stem. for me they are usually a bit bent still when they break ground but are out of the seed, and within a day they are standing straight and i get them as close to my T5s as possible and only get like 1/4 inch of stem from the soil before producing true leaves.

and just leave it alone, dont want to waste any more energy by changing it around again.

Awesome, good to know. When I adjusted it's positive, it looked as if it had hit a stick in the soil and started to grow in a different direction. It was definitely long enough, though. I'll leave her be.

-nasty

Question. Searched but not really finding an answer. Seeds were planted to soil today. What kind of window am I looking at for them popping up? Probably a silly simple question but I'm just wondering. Like what's the soonest one might pop up? And longest it might take without calling it a dud? Thanks

They come up usually within 3-4 days. Sometimes they can take up to 10, I've read, though. Mine came up in 3-5.

checked my "germination station" this morning. Right now im running 6x mandala satori and a White Widow from G13Labs. I had 100% germination in exactly 5 days sowing directly into soil.

drfting07 said:
checked my "germination station" this morning. Right now im running 6x mandala satori and a White Widow from G13Labs. I had 100% germination in exactly 5 days sowing directly into soil.

That's just awesome drfting07. Good stuff, bud. Cant wait to hear how they turn out.

I plant the soaked seedling very shallow (bout a 1/4 inch under the soil) sideways and rely on gravitropism.

Cannabis seedlings are inherently gravitropic. If the seedling has enough stored energy to even survive gemination, it should produce cotyledons and then begin it's vegetative stage.

From wikipedia.org:

Gravitropism (also known as Geotropism) is a turning or growth movement by a plant or fungus in response to gravity. Charles Darwin was one of the first to scientifically document that roots show positive gravitropism and stems show negative gravitropism. That is, roots grow in the direction of gravitational pull (i.e., downward) and stems grow in the opposite direction (i.e., upwards). This behavior can be easily demonstrated with a potted plant. When laid onto its side, the growing parts of the stem begin to display negative gravitropism, growing (biologists say, turning; see tropism) upwards. Herbaceous (non-woody) stems are capable of a small degree of actual bending, but most of the redirected movement occurs as a consequence of root or stem growth in a new direction.

100% germination reckon thats mighty fine nows i will says prayr fur ya that all be females fur ya too!!! Hope yur trails full of things yual want as yu stroll friend much luck yur way.

BWD

Latest posts

Back