breeding help

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If you put him in 12/12 it will probably take 3-4 weeks for pollen, I think that may be strain dependent, not sure. After you see balls it can take 2 weeks for all the flowers to open but some will open sooner.

ooh awesome, even less time then i expected, and yes he was already showing balls, like 1-2 per crotch of stem and side shoots, some places a cluster of 3 already, so hopefully its as you say and only a few weeks... would line up perfectly...

granted its only been the weekend but the clones are still looking nice and healthy and if all goes well they should start blasting roots by the end of this week/weekend...

thanks again for all the help, both Rose and THG, as always your info and help is greatly appreciated

thanks yet again for all the info and help. the male is currently doing very well in flower, more and more nanner clusters are growing and i cant wait till its further along, my 9 clones from the female are looking great even though i had to adjust things so the dome would keep more moisture, and the female herself is looking all sorts of sexy lol... coming along nicely... almost wish sometimes there was a fast forward button on these plants lol...

ok so this morning i went to check on my male, i noticed that a single pod on one of the lower branch nodes popped and spewed onto the leaf below... seeing as one popped open im sure more will follow... is there anything i should do like maybe put a piece of paper or tin foil down to collect any that doesnt nicely fall onto a leaf?

seeing as its getting closer to finishing, might still have a few weeks to go for the majority of the plant, but reguardless i want to make sure iv covered every base...

thanks in advance for the help

Yes, put a catcher under him. We actually saved pollen in a tiny jar. A make up (powder or blush) brush is the way to knock the pollen off without it flying to far... Aren't those little white flowers tiny? and kinda cute?

yeah i was actually just looking closer at it a few min ago thats really funny you said something, i was just thinking the little white flower with tiny little nanner shaped pods hanging inside the white flower by the smallest most itsybitsy stems i have ever seen... they really do look pretty and its so interesting just how drastically different the males are from the females.
and its pretty perfect that i got a small makeup brush already cleaned and waiting from when i had strawberries a few years back.
so i was leaning towards the tin foil because its way easier to see fine white/beige pollen then on white paper lol. so is it ok to just have it sitting ontop of the pot around the base of the plant or should i do something to rig it up higher towards the bottom most branches? im not in a super hurry since it was only one pod/flower and it was on the crotch of the main stalk and the 2nd from bottom most side branch. just dont wanna do something i shouldnt yah know.

I like parchment paper to collect. It is easy to get off the paper and into what ever you are putting in on..I think you lose less, but not sure. Are you going to breed to one of the females now or just collect or what?

Liked your observation about the males.. Nature is so interesting. males don't have that much going for them unless you count those little white flowers and what they produce.

I was just thrilled I wasn't allergic to this pollen.

yeah i was thinking of cleaning up my room a bit and setting up the tent again for flowering, give the female i have a week to pump out more preflowers since at the moment there are like only 20 or so over the whole plant and id like a bit more then that, then just pollinate the one female and be done with it, im mainly breeding to get more satori seeds since its a satori male and female, i dont think it will be something i do again since keeping them separated isnt as easy as i would like, maybe if i get another small tent i can get into breeding projects but at this point in time its mainly to get more satori seeds without having to A, wait weeks for the shipment hoping it gets through customs, and B the money, i know good genetics are worth every penny but if iv already paid for good genetics why not just make seeds on your own rather then paying like $100+ for say like 10-12 seeds... plus its kind of a cool learning experience, i might revisit the idea later down the road but at this moment im only concerned with replenishing my Satori seed stock, id love to find a short and dense female, i prefer the squatty plants to be honest.

That all sounds good. Yes, it is a risk breeding. But i would do the same thing if I were you. Free seeds are worth it. And fun to see the pheno's you get.. And lets face it satori is a wonderful plant and smoke. yay,

well i dont have any parchment paper, i do have wax paper but decided against that, just doesnt seem smart so i just went with tin foil, gotta do what yah gotta do...

so once i get a good bit of pollen to drop/decided to move female to bathroom for breeding, what would be the best method? try to brush off what i can from the male and collect it on my makeshift tray and just dump on female or is there some trick im missing?

sorry for all the questions lol but i dont wanna mess this up, free seeds are awesome but this is kind of a one shot deal since i didnt take any clones from the male... just dont wanna leave anything out i could have asked yah know.

Here is what i have done, i have no idea if it is right, but i got seeds.

Close vents and turn off fans in the bathroom. Put female in tub. Go get male and close the door. I shake him over her real well. You can use your pollen and brush some of your collected on if you want. Or you can save the pollen for another time. Then i turn her and do it again. Then they stay overnight together. In the morning i kill him ( oh dear) and rinse him off well before baggin him and taking him thru the house to the garbage.
Then I rinse every part of her off so she doesn't have any pollen. Back to her room she goes.

cool cool kinda what i thought, so any reason for leaving him with her for the 24hrs

lol polite... about as polite as a Praying Mantis... all like... awe youre cute i wanna bump the nasty with you... ooh that was fun now come here so i can omm nom nom your head off... nom nom nom...

No, not like that... a nice evening together and the guy leaves and gets hit by a truck..happens all the time.

Latest posts

Back